• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clear proof from Bible that "hell" is experienced in *this* life and not after physical death

Right here:

Matthew 23:15
English Standard Version (ESV)
(15)Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Here Jesus is talking to living people born from "hell." This proves that "hell" is experienced in this life and not after physical death.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Right here:

(15)Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Here Jesus is talking to living people born from "hell." This proves that "hell" is experienced in this life and not after physical death.

Universal translation
(15)Woe to you, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single convert, and when he becomes a convert, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Right here:

Jesus doesn't say what you just inferred, though. What is your definition of 'Hell', and how does it apply to these verses?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Jesus doesn't say what you just inferred, though. What is your definition of 'Hell', and how does it apply to these verses?
Jesus just the early voice of human rights in this context .
I think he saying , by forcing your belief outside of your own nationality is , direct violation of human rights .
United Nations good reading for modern values.
I think he warning of the dangers of cross contamination of culture and religions , which will steer humanity towards hell.
Jesus speaks for Everybody , if you want to know or not is not the issue .
Very critical thinker , can critise the religion freely because its my own birth right.
Can never find logic and reason to critise the character of Jesus within a subjective NT
Can critise the religion , the beliefs , the people.
But is hard to find a critism for the character of jesus using modern methods of translation understanding possible influences like bias .

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus just the early voice of human rights in this context .
I think he saying , by forcing your belief outside of your own nationality is , direct violation of human rights .
United Nations good reading for modern values.
I think he warning of the dangers of cross contamination of culture and religions , which will steer humanity towards hell.
Jesus speaks for Everybody , if you want to know or not is not the issue .
Very critical thinker , can critise the religion freely because its my own birth right.
Can never find logic and reason to critise the character of Jesus within a subjective NT
Can critise the religion , the beliefs , the people.
But is hard to find a critism for the character of jesus using modern methods of translation understanding possible influences like bias .

You didn't answer what I asked. I was talking about Hell, and it's ''definition'', per the thread subject.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
SpeaksForTheTrees

You "think" explains everything.
You speak from your own perspective only. There is no validity in what you "speak".
It's an opinion only. YOUR opinion.
Worth nothing.

SpeaksForTheTrees

You didn't answer what I asked. I was talking about Hell, and it's ''definition'', per the thread subject.
If hell exists I think he talking in a context of the present , that forcing your will on another will lead to trouble in a big world , wars are hell so is most conflict .
Twice as hell if your the one being violated .
Present time context , hell away from earth has never been proven ?

Sultan Of Swing

Right here:

Thiss is talking to living people born from "hell." This proves that "hell" is experienced in this life and not after physical death.
This isn't 'clear proof' at all, the inferences you make from the phrase 'child of hell' are unfounded.

Being a 'child of hell' is similar to being a 'child of the devil', a 'child of wrath', these are those who are not God's children and rebel and sin against Him. It doesn't mean Hell is experienced in this life.

Jesus directly says about people departing into eternal punishment in Matthew 25:

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”