• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cleansing your mind or spirit

nPeace

Veteran Member
Love, companionship, relaxation, walking by the river, in any order you want
I wasn't aware Atheist believed in spirit, or spiritual, or spirituality. An Atheist told me these things do not exist. Or were you responding only to the part about the mind, and not the spiritual self?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I wasn't aware Atheist believed in spirit, or spiritual, or spirituality. An Atheist told me these things do not exist. Or were you responding only to the part about the mind, and not the spiritual self?

I tried to craft my question to atheists as well, either way.

nPeace

Veteran Member
What is your process for cleansing, or making whole, your mind or spiritual self?
For me, it is important to study and meditate on spiritual things, along with prayer, and being busy in spiritual activity is a plus.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Always with a helmet, right?

It depends on the state I'm or if it's cooler, helmets save the ears. If it get's too cold it shortens the ride considerably, a bottle of everclear in the freezer helps, take a shot when you get back and it feels like a bomb went off in your stomach and the heat radiates out. Also it makes the finger thawing out process a little more tolerable, have to be careful.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I suggest you read the OP again paying particular attention to sentence structure and commas.

Yes i was responding to the part about mind,i am surprised you queried it

nPeace

Veteran Member
I suggest you read the OP again paying particular attention to sentence structure and commas.

Yes i was responding to the part about mind,i am surprised you queried it
Why do you suggest I "read the OP again paying particular attention to sentence structure and commas"? Did I miss something?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your process for cleansing, or making whole, your mind or spiritual self?

I am not dirty; there is nothing in need of cleansing. I am not fragmented; there is nothing to make whole.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I am not dirty; there is nothing in need of cleansing. I am not fragmented; there is nothing to make whole.
I could have answered that way, but unfortunately no matter how enlightened I may find myself at times, there are still moments where I feel as though the actuality of what is happening around me and in the world, makes me feel as though I need refreshing. Meditation and being part of what is left of nature helps return me to the center of what is important and makes the woes of reality navigable.