• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Claims vs. Beliefs

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Don't forget those teapots and unicorns, Aupmanyav...
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence! :)
Actually it is, though it may not be conclusive of course. In logic it would however be irrational to claim something is true or false because of a lack of evidence. However every word and deed assigned Jesus in the bible is pure hearsay. The only thing corroborated independently is that a historical Jesus likely existed and was crucified.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I don't know what 'cheat sheet' means, but is it not true?
My friend mikkel_the_dane has answered you. :)
Actually it is, though it may not be conclusive of course. In logic it would however be irrational to claim something is true or false because of a lack of evidence.
Possibility, next to nothing.
However every word and deed assigned Jesus in the bible is pure hearsay. The only thing corroborated independently is that a historical Jesus likely existed and was crucified.
You are very correct here.

Last edited:
I am tired of being accused of making claims. I am not making any claims because I have nothing to claim since I am a nobody.

The Messengers of God made claims in their scriptures. The main things they claimed were that:

1) They were sent by God
2) That God communicated to them
3) That God exists

I believe their claims but I am making no claims since I have nothing to claim.

Atheists assert that I am making claims so they can say that I have the burden of proof, but I am making no claims just because I believe the claims of the Messengers of God, so I have no burden of proof.

The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim. The Messengers of God made the claims so they were responsible to meet the burden of proof. I believe that the true Messengers of God met their burden by providing evidence that supports their claims.

The evidence that supports the claims of any alleged Messenger of God is as follows:

1) Their Person (their character, as demonstrated by the life they led)
2) Their Revelation (the history, which is what they accomplished on their mission from God)
3) Their Words (the words that were attributed to them in scriptures, or what they wrote)

Anyone who wants to know if an alleged Messenger of God is a true Messenger of God is responsible to do their own research and look at the evidence that supports the claims of the alleged Messenger. I can point to where the evidence for Baha’u’llah resides but I am not responsible for doing other people’s homework.

According to my beliefs, God wants everyone to do their own homework and come to their own determinations because we are all responsible for our own beliefs. Baha’u’llah wrote that the faith of no man can be conditioned by anyone else because we are each accountable to God for our own beliefs on Judgment Day.

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 143

All this makes logical sense if people could only remove their bias and think about what I just said. Of course, it would require atheists to think differently than they have always thought about claims and evidence and see another point of view that they had never considered.

I think that prophets received the inspiration, but somehow they also added from their own mind.

They indeed gave the proper message, however their own insight was also part of their words.