• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Claims vs. Beliefs

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was supporting ElishaElijah with that passage.

That is why I offered you can get from it as you choose.

Regards Tony
Then you were terribly mistaken. Look a t who runs away from knowledge. Look at who embraces it.

You are making the typical religious mistake of conflating belief with knowledge. It does not matter how strong your belief is. If one cannot support one's claims one does not know:

If you can't show it, you don't know it.

You clearly only have mere belief about the existence of your God. If you think that you have more it appears that you are fooling yourself. Think of it this way, if you did have knowledge it would be your duty to share it. You have not done that. You have only demonstrated belief.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then you were terribly mistaken. Look a t who runs away from knowledge. Look at who embraces it.

You are making the typical religious mistake of conflating belief with knowledge. It does not matter how strong your belief is. If one cannot support one's claims one does not know:

If you can't show it, you don't know it.

You clearly only have mere belief about the existence of your God. If you think that you have more it appears that you are fooling yourself. Think of it this way, if you did have knowledge it would be your duty to share it. You have not done that. You have only demonstrated belief.

That is why I state I have a belief in the proclamation given by a Messenger of God.

Others are free to make claims they know better.

Regards Tony

You also tried to state them as facts. If all one has is beliefs they can be refuted by a "So what?"
The explanation
Biological evolution is not simply a matter of change over time. Many things change over time: caterpillars turn into moths, trees lose and regrow their leaves, mountain ranges rise and erode, but they aren’t examples of biological evolution because they don’t involve descent with inherited modifications.

All life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother. Through the process of descent with modification, this common ancestor gave rise to the diverse species that we see documented in the fossil record and around us today. Evolution means that we’re all distant cousins: humans and oak trees, hummingbirds and whales.

This statement of faith by evolutionists is why Psalms 14 applies and why evolution is just another false religion and sleight of hand, none of this hypothesis is fact and just a result subjective interpretation of fossils.
Notice how the language we see “around the world” today yet what we see and observe around the world today is that there is an intelligent design by a designer or Creator.
Says right there your distant ancestor and cousin a tree, this has to be the joke of the century:D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The explanation
Biological evolution is not simply a matter of change over time. Many things change over time: caterpillars turn into moths, trees lose and regrow their leaves, mountain ranges rise and erode, but they aren’t examples of biological evolution because they don’t involve descent with inherited modifications.

All life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother. Through the process of descent with modification, this common ancestor gave rise to the diverse species that we see documented in the fossil record and around us today. Evolution means that we’re all distant cousins: humans and oak trees, hummingbirds and whales.

This statement of faith by evolutionists is why Psalms 14 applies and why evolution is just another false religion and sleight of hand, none of this hypothesis is fact and just a result subjective interpretation of fossils.
Notice how the language we see “around the world” today yet what we see and observe around the world today is that there is an intelligent design by a designer or Creator.
Says right there your distant ancestor and cousin a tree, this has to be the joke of the century:D
Nope. not a religion. But it is amazing how you try to lower it to the same level as your religion. Do you think that if other people make the same mistakes that you do it makes it okay to ignore it?

Evolution is a scientific theory. Perhaps the scientific theory with more evidence than any other. If you accept that a rock will fall down when you drop it then you are being inconsistent when you deny evolution.

Now I know that it scares the pants off of you, but it does not refute God. It only refutes false versions of God, like yours. It does not even refute the Christian God. But it does refute the God of people that believe that God is a liar.

So is God a liar or not?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Nope. not a religion. But it is amazing how you try to lower it to the same level as your religion. Do you think that if other people make the same mistakes that you do it makes it okay to ignore it?

Evolution is a scientific theory. Perhaps the scientific theory with more evidence than any other. If you accept that a rock will fall down when you drop it then you are being inconsistent when you deny evolution.

Now I know that it scares the pants off of you, but it does not refute God. It only refutes false versions of God, like yours. It does not even refute the Christian God. But it does refute the God of people that believe that God is a liar.

So is God a liar or not?

I had a period a few years ago where I tried to become religious in the sense that I didn't claim anything about God that was contradicted by how the everyday world works and not claim evidence for something, which is based on faith. To me it was doable, but I found I didn't need to believe. I.e. I could cope without the belief in God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had a period a few years where I tried to become religious in the sense that I didn't claim anything about God that was contradicted by how the everyday world works and not claim evidence for something, which is based on faith. To me it was doable, but I found I didn't need to believe. I.e. I could cope without the belief in God.
It helps if you were brought up with it. In some cases it can help a person because a better person. But some get terribly twisted when reality disagrees strongly with their beliefs. Sadly there is not much difference between creationists and Flat Earthers, but the former will laugh at the latter, even though if you are going to make the mistake of believing the Bible literally the Flat Earthers are closer to a correct interpretation of what the authors wrote.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
That is why I state I have a belief in the proclamation given by a Messenger of God.

Others are free to make claims they know better.

Well knowledge is not an absolute, it can and should change if the evidence demands it, but I know I have not seen you demonstrate anything approaching objective evidence for the belief, nor anyone else either. Not one verifiable testable falsifiable piece of empirical evidence, mostly we get exactly this kind of vapid unevidenced subjective claim.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
How can one mislead any person, if they are not leading any person?

Regards Tony
By making public claims to knowledge, when all they have is an unfalsifiable subjective belief for which you obviously can demonstrate no objective evidence, as is the case with all unfalsifiable beliefs.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

As opposed to an archaic unevidenced creation myth creating humans using inexplicable magic?

You do know we share 50% of our DNA with trees, 70% with slugs, 44% with honey bees, and even 25% with daffodils.

Perhaps you could explain why those facts are amusing to you? If you or your religion could conjure even one fact as solidly evidenced as that, your hubris wouldn't be quite so hilarious here, but you can't, and it is. ;)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By making public claims to knowledge, when all they have is an unfalsifiable subjective belief for which you obviously can demonstrate no objective evidence, as is the case with all unfalsifiable beliefs.

I shared a proclamation made by Baha'u'llah and have made no claim of absolute truth. See it as you wish.

That is all I have to offer.

Regards Tony

Sheldon

Veteran Member
What's hilarious here is not your sophistry, that's just sad, it's that in your dishonest attempt to denigrate scientific facts here, you are lowering them to the level of faith based religion, and don't see the irony. :rolleyes::facepalm::D

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
I shared a proclamation made by Baha'u'llah and have made no claim of absolute truth. See it as you wish.

Yes and that proclamation is a claim to knowledge, even though all you have is an unfalsifiable subjective belief for which you obviously can demonstrate no objective evidence, as I said. I never mentioned "absolute truth" so I can only assume you're introducing such an obvious straw man fallacy, in an attempt to avoid addressing this fact.

What's hilarious here is not your sophistry, that's just sad, it's that in your dishonest attempt to denigrate scientific facts here, you are lowering them to the level of faith based religion, and don't see the irony. :rolleyes::facepalm::D
It’s just the same as any other false religion and it’s not a denigration of facts because there are fossils, they just don’t say what you are interpreting them to say. Really, you believe your cousin and ancestor was a tree? Or a slug? Go for it! That does take a lot of faith, more than I have.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It’s just the same as any other false religion and it’s not a denigration of facts because there are fossils, they just don’t say what you are interpreting them to say. Really, you believe your cousin and ancestor was a tree? Or a slug? Go for it! That does take a lot of faith, more than I have.
It is not a religion. And trying to lower science to the state of a religion is rather foolish since a religion is all that you have.