• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Claims vs. Beliefs

Except for the records that you lent. Did she ever replace them? I am betting "No". And that is one thing that worries me about @ElishaElijah , I don't want to be the cause of his backsliding. Which is why emphasize that the fact that he is an evolved ape does not refute Christianity. There is no reason to despair just because part of one's beliefs have been shown to be wrong. (And there is no reason to despair if all of one's religious beliefs are shown to be wrong, that only shows that the person could get off drugs and stay off drugs on his or her own)
So do you know what the Bible says on how a person is born again?
Also, the reason I won’t backslide is because God gave me different desires and promised to keep me from falling, also I did work the 12 Steps of AA and took to heart to be brutally honest with myself, God and another person. Making amends and admitting to all my wrongs. I ended up with a clear conscience and found the reason I drank and drugged in the first place was because of a guilty conscience.
After getting right with God through Jesus Christ I have nothing between God and I or anyone else.
Why would I put that poison in my body? I have no reason to because I’m healed now, Body, Soul and Spirit. Im living the abundant life Jesus promised and have a peace that passes all understanding.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So do you know what the Bible says on how a person is born again?
Also, the reason I won’t backslide is because God gave me different desires and promised to keep me from falling, also I did work the 12 Steps of AA and took to heart to be brutally honest with myself, God and another person. Making amends and admitting to all my wrongs. I ended up with a clear conscience and found the reason I drank and drugged in the first place was because of a guilty conscience.
After getting right with God through Jesus Christ I have nothing between God and I or anyone else.
Why would I put that poison in my body? I have no reason to because I’m healed now, Body, Soul and Spirit. Im living the abundant life Jesus promised and have a peace that passes all understanding.
It will have more than one account. It is largely a meaningless phrase. Now if I asked you to find the Flat Earth verses in the Bible do you think that you could do so? I asked you where the verses are where abortions are done by priests in the Bible are could you find them? I could ask you all sorts of questions that you could not get right or afford to answer. Your understanding of the Bible is limited by your religious beliefs.

It will have more than one account. It is largely a meaningless phrase. Now if I asked you to find the Flat Earth verses in the Bible do you think that you could do so? I asked you where the verses are where abortions are done by priests in the Bible are could you find them? I could ask you all sorts of questions that you could not get right or afford to answer. Your understanding of the Bible is limited by your religious beliefs.
So what do you believe the Bible says on how a person is born again?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe evolution happens, meaning changes within species. I believe in diversity within species for example dogs, plenty of variety but they’ve always been dogs not cats.

Speciation has been observed in real time in a laboratory. Did you not know this? This is an article from 2016 below:

"In a month-long experiment using a virus harmless to humans, biologists working at the University of California San Diego and at Michigan State University documented the evolution of a virus into two incipient species—a process known as speciation"

"“With these experiments, no one can doubt whether speciation occurs,” Meyer added. “More importantly, we now have an experimental system to test many previously untestable ideas about the process.”"

<LINK>

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Speciation has been observed in real time in a laboratory. Did you not know this? This is an article from 2016 below:

"In a month-long experiment using a virus harmless to humans, biologists working at the University of California San Diego and at Michigan State University documented the evolution of a virus into two incipient species—a process known as speciation"

"“With these experiments, no one can doubt whether speciation occurs,” Meyer added. “More importantly, we now have an experimental system to test many previously untestable ideas about the process.”"

<LINK>
And when a person complains "But it's still a virus" point out that they are still an ape.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
And when a person complains "But it's still a virus" point out that they are still an ape.

For some reason the taxonomy of humans as part of the family of great apes, seems to annoy some theists quite a bit, who knows why. The histrionic on here by a few, when this fact is mentioned, is quite astonishing, though pretty amusing. Like theists who claim humans are not animals.

I believe that it gives more than one account. I really do not wish to dig up any for you since you have not responded in kind. Why didn't you find where abortions are done by priests (with God's approval) in the Bible? Why don't you provide examples of what you know when tested?
Sounds like you don’t know then and will leave it at that, you don’t understand the main message of the Bible yet seems you reject it.

For some reason the taxonomy of humans as part of the family of great apes, seems to annoy some theists quite a bit, who knows why. The histrionic on here by a few, when this fact is mentioned, is quite astonishing, though pretty amusing. Like theists who claim humans are not animals.
Your views and opinions don’t annoy me, why would they, they just seem ignorant, unfounded and amusing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sounds like you don’t know then and will leave it at that, you don’t understand the main message of the Bible yet seems you reject it.
I definitely understand the main message, probably better than you do. So far you have been unwilling to learn and only have mere belief. I don't reject the message of the Bible. That is a false statement. I simply do not believe the mythical parts of the Bible. I also reject its false teachings.

I do know the answers to the questions that I asked. By ducking you admit ignorance.

The experiment just proves a creator: Just substitute biologist supplied the virus with creator supplied the virus. And there you have it right there. Seems you made a case for God right there, we’ll done lad!

When the biologists supplied the virus with two types of cells that varied in their receptors, the virus evolved into two new species, one specialized on each receptor type.

“The virus we started the experiment with, the one with the nondiscriminatory appetite, went extinct. During the process of speciation, it was replaced by its more evolved descendants with a more refined palette,” explained Meyer.

Why did the new viruses take over?

“The answer is as simple as the old expression, ‘a jack of all trades is a master of none’,” explained Meyer. “The specialized viruses were much better at infecting through their preferred receptor and blocked their ‘jack of all trades’ ancestor from infecting cells and reproducing. The survival of the fittest led to the emergence of two new specialized viruses.”

Review your previous words
If you know the main message of the Bible what have you done with that information?
I don’t see anything in my comments that would lead someone to think I didn’t know the main message of the Bible. You’d have to point that out.