• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

civil war: American charismatics and Pentecostals

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
GetReligion is a conservative-leaning site that focuses on media lack of coverage and incorrect coverage of events from the traditional religious perspective. Here's a recent example relating to Trump. One minister who prophesied that Trump would be reelected did a mea culpa. The reaction? You can easily guess.

It's civil war among American charismatics and Pentecostals, but few reporters are covering it

This is the statement of apology:
My aim in this public apology is twofold. First, I would like to repent for inaccurately prophesying that Donald Trump would win a second term as the President of the United States. I refuse to blame the saints and say, “It didn’t come to pass because they did not pray enough.” Nor will I proclaim, “Donald Trump actually won, so I was right, but now it has been stolen from him.” I believe the first statement seeks to alleviate the prophetic messenger from the responsibility of what he prophesied, and the second statement is filled with potential pride and an unwillingness to humble himself and admit he was wrong.
The reaction:
Over the last 72 hours, I have received multiple death threats and thousands upon thousands of emails from Christians saying the nastiest and most vulgar things I have ever heard toward my family and ministry. I have been labeled a coward, sellout, a traitor to the Holy Spirit, and cussed out at least 500 times. We have lost ministry partners every hour and counting.

After publicly repenting on January 7th, I fully expected to be called a false prophet etc in some circles but I could have never dreamed in my wildest imagination that so much satanic attack and witchcraft would come from charismatic/prophetic people. I have been flabbergasted at the barrage of continued conspiracy theories being sent every minute our way and the pure hatred being unleashed.

To my great heartache, I’m convinced parts of the prophetic/charismatic movement are far SICKER than I could have ever dreamed of. I truthfully never realized how absolutely triggered and ballistic thousands and thousands of saints get about Donald Trump. It’s terrifying! It’s full of idolatry!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
GetReligion is a conservative-leaning site that focuses on media lack of coverage and incorrect coverage of events from the traditional religious perspective. Here's a recent example relating to Trump. One minister who prophesied that Trump would be reelected did a mea culpa. The reaction? You can easily guess.

It's civil war among American charismatics and Pentecostals, but few reporters are covering it

My aim in this public apology is twofold. First, I would like to repent for inaccurately prophesying that Donald Trump would win a second term as the President of the United States. I refuse to blame the saints and say, “It didn’t come to pass because they did not pray enough.” Nor will I proclaim, “Donald Trump actually won, so I was right, but now it has been stolen from him.” I believe the first statement seeks to alleviate the prophetic messenger from the responsibility of what he prophesied, and the second statement is filled with potential pride and an unwillingness to humble himself and admit he was wrong.
The reaction:
Over the last 72 hours, I have received multiple death threats and thousands upon thousands of emails from Christians saying the nastiest and most vulgar things I have ever heard toward my family and ministry. I have been labeled a coward, sellout, a traitor to the Holy Spirit, and cussed out at least 500 times. We have lost ministry partners every hour and counting.

After publicly repenting on January 7th, I fully expected to be called a false prophet etc in some circles but I could have never dreamed in my wildest imagination that so much satanic attack and witchcraft would come from charismatic/prophetic people. I have been flabbergasted at the barrage of continued conspiracy theories being sent every minute our way and the pure hatred being unleashed.

To my great heartache, I’m convinced parts of the prophetic/charismatic movement are far SICKER than I could have ever dreamed of. I truthfully never realized how absolutely triggered and ballistic thousands and thousands of saints get about Donald Trump. It’s terrifying! It’s full of idolatry!

Its merely a peek at the mess that is the industry which sells books to people in religious circles. 'Doctor Jeremiah Johnson' is far from the worst culprit. He's merely the one who got caught is all. He's a prolific 'Bible teacher' supposedly who has a strong following and has nonsense in a lot of his writing, but people are hungry for explanations for things. He gives them explanations: worthless ones but explanations. He's got a strong, strong following. This is a big embarrassment for him.

The reaction:

Sad, stunning, predictable, terrifying.

Some of the emotions I feel in response to this.

I have close friends who are now estranged from their parents partly because of their parents’ bizarre obsession with Trump. Their email signatures now say “The Storm is Here”. I assume that is related QAnon / Trump prophesy nonsense.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

The reaction:

upload_2021-1-12_10-48-27.gif

Wandering Monk

Every refutation of their talking points just push these Trump supporters farther away from acknowledging reality. It forces them to embrace increasingly insane ideas.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Sad, stunning, predictable, terrifying.

Some of the emotions I feel in response to this.

I have close friends who are now estranged from their parents partly because of their parents’ bizarre obsession with Trump. Their email signatures now say “The Storm is Here”. I assume that is related QAnon / Trump prophesy nonsense.
It's the degree of cringe that makes it tragic. What a crap thing to be driving families apart.

Fair enough if someone jabbed Granny over a argument about the best brand of tea at xmas dinner or took a leak in the chocolate fountain at Thornton's when you were out shopping or something of that order.

Not being able to speak to your uncle because he won't stop quoting loopy Q memes that have been eating his brain must be soul destroying.

epronovost

Did this dude called himself a prophet? And then he have the balls to call his fellow travelers who don't have intuition, predictive abilities, "gut feelings", but freakin' prophets full magical powers as unhinged people? Then they make satanical magical attacks against you; not just throwing insults on internet using good old fashion written words, but magical attacks? I'm starting to think this dude had a longstanding problem with reality and some religiously tinted delusions. Though still, behind his apocalyptic vocabulary there is still the story of a man who lost admirers and more importanly friends and he lost them to a delusion he just realised he was in a while back.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Every refutation of their talking points just push these Trump supporters farther away from acknowledging reality. It forces them to embrace increasingly insane ideas.
Then what do we do? Not challenge and refute Trump's lies?
We can't cater to lies and delusions. They believe all the lies they want, but those lies must be challenged.

epronovost

We can't cater to lies and delusions. They believe all the lies they want, but those lies must be challenged.

Challengging lies isn,t important to convince Tump's supporters to return to reason. It's important to provide people who could be convinced by die-hard Trump supporters and Qanon not to fall into that kind of rabbit hole. If you want to convince Trump supporters to return to reason it's better to engage on the level of ethics.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It is the opposite of effective to directly correct people about most things. That's how people are. This is why our split news media situation has been so unhealthy for public dialogue.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Isn't that what the right is saying as well?

Point is both isles are essentially saying the same things about each other. Its like the Hatfields and McCoys.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Isn't that what the right is saying as well?

Point is both isles are essentially saying the same things about each other. Its like the Hatfields and McCoys.
The difference is one side has election officials, judges, bipartisan verification, amd even recounts and audits to support their claim.
The other side only has the lies of a man who only cares about himself, lies that were echoed on social media and the new "kings" of RW media spin.

Last edited: