• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Circumcision

Abram

Abraham
Leviticus 12:2 says that on the eight day the boy must be circumcised:eek: . Come to find out that happens to be the best possible day to it. There is a vitamin K build up that forms not on the 7th or the 9th, but the 8th. There intestiens don't produce bacteria for the first couple days of their birth.

Kinda neat from a time when they used horse dung for headaches and other crazy things. Now don't go converting into Christianity over this, just a little fun fact. Probably just coincidence.... :162: yea right or the divine hand of God:rolleyes:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Do you have a source for the horse dung bit? I've heard various things that "they" used horse dung for, but I've never seen a historical source to back it up.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Jewish people have always been known for their knowledge and smarts. Crazy Jews! *smiles* Love you all!

Abram

Abraham
Jensa said:
Do you have a source for the horse dung bit? I've heard various things that "they" used horse dung for, but I've never seen a historical source to back it up.
Your supose to ask for a source for the vitamin k, but nnnooooo, you want me to back up the horse dung part. Weak!:banghead3 Only because I can't, I made that part up.
But if you google horse dung you will find many things on it. Like it will sooth a burn. (please contact your doctor before trying)

DTrent

Buttons* said:
Jewish people have always been known for their knowledge and smarts.
Yep. That's becuz they were given God's Law and when they followed it, they were blessed beyond compare! When they didn't, they suffered terribly!

The vitamin K thing? I remember before my baby was born, I told the doctor that if it was a boy, I would need to have him circumcised on the 8th day becuz then is when vit. K would be richest in his body. I thought it was a no-brainer, esp. for Jews! (But I understand they do it themselves sometimes instead of having a doctor do it?) ANYway, the doctor looked at me in astonishment and told me that he couldn't gurantee a doctor would be available "on the 8th day" and that it could be done on the day OF his birth. I said no! (I know the baby could almost bleed to death if it's done so soon!)

Anyway, I had a girl!

Abram

Abraham
DTrent said:
Yep. That's becuz they were given God's Law and when they followed it, they were blessed beyond compare! When they didn't, they suffered terribly!

The vitamin K thing? I remember before my baby was born, I told the doctor that if it was a boy, I would need to have him circumcised on the 8th day becuz then is when vit. K would be richest in his body. I thought it was a no-brainer, esp. for Jews!
(But I understand they do it themselves sometimes instead of having a doctor do it?)
ANYway, the doctor looked at me in astonishment and told me that he couldn't gurantee a doctor would be available "on the 8th day" and that it could be done on the day OF his birth. I said no! (I know the baby could almost bleed to death if it's done so soon!)

Anyway, I had a girl!
Should have done it your self, Jew style :D wait... you had a girl! Then here ya go, the next biggest thing---http://www.noharmm.org/femcirctech.htm

jewscout

Religious Zionist
DTrent said:

The vitamin K thing? I remember before my baby was born, I told the doctor that if it was a boy, I would need to have him circumcised on the 8th day becuz then is when vit. K would be richest in his body. I thought it was a no-brainer, esp. for Jews! (But I understand they do it themselves sometimes instead of having a doctor do it?) ANYway, the doctor looked at me in astonishment and told me that he couldn't gurantee a doctor would be available "on the 8th day" and that it could be done on the day OF his birth. I said no! (I know the baby could almost bleed to death if it's done so soon!)

Anyway, I had a girl!
well i don't know of any who have done it themselves...
traditionally you have a moyle do it...and i'm pretty sure most of them are physicians.

Nehustan

When both my sons were circumcised it was done by a medic, and I believe when I attended the Jewish circumcision of one of my friend's children last year, the person who carried it out was also a physician...

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Circumcision seems to be a very American (and Jewish) thing to do.

In the UK few doctors will do it as not many are trained in it, because there is so little demand.

The same is true in most of Europe

I wonder how the fashion started amongst non Jews in America.

Terry____________________

Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land

DTrent

^ Probably becuz so many people saw the cleanliness of it.
It's not WRONG to NOT be circumcised nowadays but it's a cleanliness factor, I hear.
Generations of Jewish women have a much, much lower incidence of uterine cancer & other 'female problems' too becuz of the Mosaic Law handed down in the Scriptures of being clean along with the males being circumcised. Amazing!
We can all learn sooooooo much from The Law!!!!!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It,s quite rare to find anyone who has not had tetanus jabs in the UK.
Though there must be lots of other nasties in dung.

Terry_______________--

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Few doctors do it in the UK , They don't get extra pay for doing it.
Doctors in the USA get paid for it.
Perhaps they have popularised it for financial reasons.
Every one believes their doctor.

Terry_________________________

Terry________________________