• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cigs and Vaping

kjw47

By adding poision to the tobacco. The makers and sellers are murderers. The same is occurring with vaping. Do the people run the usa like the constitution says or the corporations buying the rich govt officials off to be able to do things like the above? The usa constution is a outright lie. Stop voting for rich politicians. Let REAL people run the govt. They are destroying us quickly.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Cigs and vapes are very different. Cigarettes have tons of chemicals added to them, several of which are carcinogenic. And they also have the whole combustion thing, which adds carbon monoxide and other risks.
Vaping has none of that. It's not perfectly safe, but many countries outside of America have approved them for smoking cessation and have published studies suggesting they are far less dangerous than cigarettes (up to 90% less harmful according to one British study).
And what do politicians have to do with it? Mike Pence downplayed the risks of smoking, but many politicians are against either one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Vape "smoke" is just vapor and the liquid is just vegetable glycerin. Most of it is made in-house by vape shops and has nothing to do with tobacco or corporations, so I don't know what you're talking about. The government is being totally stupid by attacking vaping when it's not proven to be harmful at all. I can't even see how it could be harmful since it's just vapor from vegetable oil you're inhaling, in most cases (you can vape water, too). What makes smoking tobacco harmful is the combustion of it. Nicotine isn't harmful, except if you ingest tons of it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Vape "smoke" is just vapor and the liquid is just vegetable glycerin. Most of it is made in-house by vape shops and has nothing to do with tobacco or corporations, so I don't know what you're talking about. The government is being totally stupid by attacking vaping when it's not proven to be harmful at all. I can't even see how it could be harmful since it's just vapor from vegetable oil you're inhaling, in most cases (you can vape water, too). What makes smoking tobacco harmful is the combustion of it. Nicotine isn't harmful, except if you ingest tons of it.
Nicotine itself is toxic and does have potential risks, such as heart disease and poisoning. It's very unlikely someone can fatally overdose from it, but it can make people ill long before that. Small amounts probably won't hurt you, but it's a far cry from saying vaping has no risks and hasn't been demonstrated to be harmful.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Nicotine itself is toxic and does have potential risks, such as heart disease and poisoning. It's very unlikely someone can fatally overdose from it, but it can make people ill long before that. Small amounts probably won't hurt you, but it's a far cry from saying vaping has no risks and hasn't been demonstrated to be harmful.
Yes, nicotine can be dangerous if you have heart problems because it's a stimulant, but that would apply to all stimulants in that person's case. And I did mention that large amounts of it can kill you. So unless you're drinking the vape liquid, you're likely safe.

I have not heard anything about vaping having health risks.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I hear it being passed off as only having three ingredients, which is dishonest as the flavorings themselves are more than one ingredient. And vaping isn't completely harmless. And also keep in mind there aren't any long term studies on it yet.
E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review
I didn't say it only had three ingredients and that article reads like a glowing endorsement. I didn't see any risks mentioned there, just a vague statement about it not being entirely risk free.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn't say it only had three ingredients and that article reads like a glowing endorsement.
You didn't, but I have heard that claim a lot, just as I have it frequently claimed they are harmless. There is no question they are far less harmful than cigarettes, but it's still inhaling things that our bodies weren't made to inhale. And with vaping, there is the very real issue of a lack of long-term studies. Even cigarettes were once promoted as safe and great before the long term studies came in saying they really aren't.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You didn't, but I have heard that claim a lot, just as I have it frequently claimed they are harmless. There is no question they are far less harmful than cigarettes, but it's still inhaling things that our bodies weren't made to inhale. And with vaping, there is the very real issue of a lack of long-term studies. Even cigarettes were once promoted as safe and great before the long term studies came in saying they really aren't.
That's fair.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

What you say is true.

But anything is dangerous in large amounts.

You can OD on water ffs.

Water intoxication - Wikipedia

PureX

Veteran Member
I think you all are missing the point. The point being to create another expensive habit, and if possible, another form of addiction, so as to further exploit people's weaknesses, and people's heath, for profit. Even if vaping was not harmful, physically, at all, it still would be a very harmful activity for humans to engage in because it is expensive, and habit-forming, and possibly addictive. It's also unhealthy for a society of humans to allow this kind of blatant exploitation of human weakness, for profit.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The ingredients in the vape tools are important, and some sell lower quality ingredients. The main dangers are using an addictive substance (nicotene), using a toxic substance (nicotene) and possible malfunctioning devices which can quickly kill you. If one lets too much through at once you could get a lung full of glycerin, propylene glycol and nicotene. It is pretty nasty if that happens.
  • One ingredient is glycerin, which is what you find as the main ingredient in bubble stuff, for blowing bubbles. Its thin, viscous, has some surface tension and is transparent. Its one of the more expensive vaping fluids and is made from vegetable oils.
  • Water
  • Propylene Glycol This is one of the cheaper ingredients. Its used as antifreeze for cooling engines, is an alcohol that is slightly toxic for humans, deadly for pets. It is used in some foods as a preservative, such as in food coloring. Its got a nice, sweet smell, looks a little greenish or bluish. You shouldn't eat much at a time, because its not the same as the alcohol in wine/beer/liquor. Its harder on your system. Vaping you won't get a lot of it, provided that your device doesn't malfunction.
  • Flavors
  • Nicotine
  • Whatever else you put in your vape machine. Don't experiment.

I've never vaped though I used to smoke.

Is Vaping Dangerous? What the Science Shows | Physician's Weekly
Says "While ecigarette liquid (ECL) is not cytotoxic by itself, it becomes so once it is vaped. It appears vaped ECL is toxic to alveolar macrophage function. It creates excessive amounts of reactive oxygen species, inflammatory cytokines, and chemokines, leading to an inflammatory state in the alveolar macrophages. " Still its probably a lot healthier than smoking Marlborough, because there is no fiberglass or tar. Tar is just...the worst I think aspect of cigarettes and a terrific reason to switch from cigs to vapes. Still, suppressing the macrophages in your lungs is hardly genius.

kjw47

Cigs and vapes are very different. Cigarettes have tons of chemicals added to them, several of which are carcinogenic. And they also have the whole combustion thing, which adds carbon monoxide and other risks.
Vaping has none of that. It's not perfectly safe, but many countries outside of America have approved them for smoking cessation and have published studies suggesting they are far less dangerous than cigarettes (up to 90% less harmful according to one British study).
And what do politicians have to do with it? Mike Pence downplayed the risks of smoking, but many politicians are against either one.

You better relook. Many young are going to the hospitals. Vaping is destroying their lungs. The rats making and selling them know it in advance-They are murderers. They have known for years they are selling cancer to us. It has become the biggest business in the usa. They are murderers.

kjw47

I think you all are missing the point. The point being to create another expensive habit, and if possible, another form of addiction, so as to further exploit people's weaknesses, and people's heath, for profit. Even if vaping was not harmful, physically, at all, it still would be a very harmful activity for humans to engage in because it is expensive, and habit-forming, and possibly addictive. It's also unhealthy for a society of humans to allow this kind of blatant exploitation of human weakness, for profit.

Yes, the greed run capitalism does not care what their products do to the people or the environment. They have already polluted the air, land, water and even our food. They are sick in the heart. They are the cause of all the weather havoc occurring worldwide. They belong in prision.

PureX

Veteran Member
Yes, the greed run capitalism does not care what their products do to the people or the environment. They have already polluted the air, land, water and even our food. They are sick in the heart. They are the cause of all the weather havoc occurring worldwide. They belong in prision.
Sadly, "they" are US. WE work for these corporations. WE buy into their toxic idealism that greed is a virtue, and we buy their toxic crap and then throw it out into the world by the ton. And we don't care what it's doing to the environment, or to our neighbor, so long as we're getting paid for doing our part.

We are the criminals destroying our own society. And until we are willing to recognize this, nothing will, or even can, change.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
People are always going to have addictions, but vaping is both cheaper and less harmful than smoking. The point is harm reduction.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You better relook. Many young are going to the hospitals. Vaping is destroying their lungs. The rats making and selling them know it in advance-They are murderers. They have known for years they are selling cancer to us. It has become the biggest business in the usa. They are murderers.
Do you have proof of these nonsense claims?

kjw47

Sadly, "they" are US. WE work for these corporations. WE buy into their toxic idealism that greed is a virtue, and we buy their toxic crap and then throw it out into the world by the ton. And we don't care what it's doing to the environment, or to our neighbor, so long as we're getting paid for doing our part.

We are the criminals destroying our own society. And until we are willing to recognize this, nothing will, or even can, change.

Its because the constitution has been reading--We the rich will buy your rich elected officials to look the other way while we get away with murder.