• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cigar suggestions, please!

Stellify

StarChild
I'm not a cigar smoker, so I have NO idea what kinds are good and what kinds aren't....But someone I know loves to smoke them, so I want to know...

Any RFers out there smoke (or used to smoke) cigars? Favorite kinds? Advice? Anything?

He likes ones with darker, spicier flavor to them, I think.
I've seen him smoke "Romeo y Julieta"- Maduro Reserve, "Monte Cristo"- Serie C, and I saw him with a "Gurkha" once or twice.

Frubals (and gratitude) for any help! :D

:cigar:

Zephyr

Moved on
Stay away from Gurkhas they are terrible.

No seriously, don't even consider it. Most Romeo y Julietas or Joya de Nicaraguas I've had have been pretty great, though the latter left me walking funny (I'm not normally a smoker). Generally either is a safe bet and it's hard to go wrong. Or, you know, you could drop by a smoke shop and ask for recommendations. In my experience most guys who run them are pretty cool and helpful.

But really though, no Gurkhas.

Stellify

StarChild
Thank you Zephyr :D

I'll probably pick up some R&Js, and get him a Joya de Nicaragua or two to see if he likes them.
I'm thinking that since I only saw the Gurkhas once or twice, it was probably a friend's cigar, and probably the only thing available lol

JM, that sounds wonderful! I would really appreciate it :)
I can't frubal you for it right now because I'm out of frubals for the day, BUT....I'll get you tomorrow if you manage to post the name of that one for me, so I'll be reminded :D

:cigar:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
My grandmother used to have a sigarshop..She gave a me a box of la paz once. Don't know how they taste as I don't smoke sigars, but I never heard complaints..

the Romeo y Julieta is a pretty good brand,my grandfather used to smoke all kind of cuban cigars but he liked those best (he had a deal with a guy at customs so he could get cuban cigars without hassle)i remember it because i used to collect his cigar bands

Stellify

StarChild
the Romeo y Julieta is a pretty good brand,my grandfather used to smoke all kind of cuban cigars but he liked those best (he had a deal with a guy at customs so he could get cuban cigars without hassle)i remember it because i used to collect his cigar bands
Hehe I collect the cigar bands, too :p

It seems like the R & J's are his favorites so far.
He really likes Cubans, but they're illegal and not easy to get.