• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Churchianity has Hidden the REAL God and the REAL Christ for 2,000 years!

Iymus

No. Not all idols are stone statues. Not all stone statues are idols.

It’s interesting that the oldest extant work of Christian art is from the first century, and it’s carved into one side of a stone altar. It’s a bas-relief scene of Jesus with disciples. Apparently, the very earliest Christians disagreed with you. Wonder who we should believe? The earliest Christians or someone from a fringe group?

Two More Questions

1. Do you use this image as a representation of God of Abraham?
2. Does majority of main stream Christians use this image as representation of God of Abraham?

Savior.jpeg

lostwanderingsoul

You did when you said that the RCC hasn’t really been the church for 1700 years.

The church is the church.

Yah, until someone interprets the Bible differently from you, or calls Sunday The Lord’s Day. Then you appear to get closed real quick.

My leaders aren’t “self-appointed.” They’re called by God through the discernment of the church.
You can call Sunday anything you want but you cannot change the fact that God rested on the seventh day and anyone who says otherwise is calling God a liar. Yes the church is the church but thousands of churches claim to be the true church. Just because yu and your church leaders say they are the right one does not make it any more true than the others. I have not named the RCC or any other one by name. But if the shoe fits.....

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You can call Sunday anything you want but you cannot change the fact that God rested on the seventh day and anyone who says otherwise is calling God a liar.
Ok... God rested on the 7th. and God commands the Hebrews to do the same. The Hebraic Law does not apply to Gentiles. Paul (in the bible) makes that clear.

thousands of churches claim to be the true church.
And so they are -- all unique facets of the one jewel called "the Church."

Just because yu and your church leaders say they are the right one does not make it any more true than the others.
Non sequitur.

sojourner

Two More Questions

1. Do you use this image as a representation of God of Abraham?
2. Does majority of main stream Christians use this image as representation of God of Abraham?

Savior.jpeg
No, and no. This is an image of Jesus, recognized as such by the majority of mainstream Christians. But, since the image, itself, has no power of its own, it's not an idol -- merely an icon. We don't worship the image; we worship the One to whom the image points. There's a difference. Think of it as a picture of a friend. You love your friend, but the picture, itself, is not your friend. The picture merely points you to your friend.

Iymus

No, and no. This is an image of Jesus, recognized as such by the majority of mainstream Christians. But, since the image, itself, has no power of its own, it's not an idol -- merely an icon. We don't worship the image; we worship the One to whom the image points. There's a difference. Think of it as a picture of a friend. You love your friend, but the picture, itself, is not your friend. The picture merely points you to your friend.

So are you saying that image is not used to validate God in the flesh literally?

lostwanderingsoul

Ok... God rested on the 7th. and God commands the Hebrews to do the same. The Hebraic Law does not apply to Gentiles. Paul (in the bible) makes that clear.

And so they are -- all unique facets of the one jewel called "the Church."

Non sequitur.
If you read Mathew 19:17 in the New Testament ( which I think applies to Christians ) Jesus lists a few of the commandments - like donot kill and do not steal - so it would seem that these apply to Christians.

sojourner

So are you saying that image is not used to validate God in the flesh literally?
No. I'm saying that it's an image that points us to Christ. Personally, I don't use images to validate the Incarnation. even if I did, that practice wouldn't be idolatry.

sojourner

If you read Mathew 19:17 in the New Testament ( which I think applies to Christians ) Jesus lists a few of the commandments - like donot kill and do not steal - so it would seem that these apply to Christians.
If you want to be so picayune, please note that Jesus patently does not list #4 when the man asks him "which ones?"

Additionally, Jesus wasn't talking to a Christian; he was talking to a Jew.

Furthermore, when asked which commandments were primary, Jesus said, "Love God; love neighbor. All the rest depend upon these two." Paul said (in the bible) much the same. To Gentiles. Therefore, these biblical statements trump your insistence here.

lostwanderingsoul

If you want to be so picayune, please note that Jesus patently does not list #4 when the man asks him "which ones?"

Additionally, Jesus wasn't talking to a Christian; he was talking to a Jew.

Furthermore, when asked which commandments were primary, Jesus said, "Love God; love neighbor. All the rest depend upon these two." Paul said (in the bible) much the same. To Gentiles. Therefore, these biblical statements trump your insistence here.
OK my final commet on the subject. Love God. Whay does that mean? Just move yours lips and say the words? Or do what God wants you to do? If you God rested on the seventh day and wants us to keep that day holy, then maybe "love God" includes doing what He asks.

sojourner

OK my final commet on the subject. Love God. Whay does that mean? Just move yours lips and say the words? Or do what God wants you to do? If you God rested on the seventh day and wants us to keep that day holy, then maybe "love God" includes doing what He asks.
I don't think God give two hoots in Hades which day we "hallow" and "rest upon."

theQuestion

Ludicrous! That's the whole JOB of the church -- to know God and to make God known. Although judging by your posts, whatever group you're part of appears to be doing a pretty good job of hiding God behind an obsession with days of the week.

You're SERIOUS- aren't you?
Have you EVER compared your church coprolite with scripture, aside from Confirmation Bias?

sojourner

You're SERIOUS- aren't you?
Have you EVER compared your church coprolite with scripture, aside from Confirmation Bias?
Sorry. You're using an inaccurate descriptor for my church. You'll have to do better if you want me to play.

And yes, I'm dead serious. Get with the program, Skeezix!

sojourner

Thru scripture.
Then, if you accept it, thru His Breath ("Spirit").
Only in a limited number of circumstances is this true. There was no scripture about Jesus for the first at least 100 years of the church. How did those people come to know Christ?