• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Churchianity has Hidden the REAL God and the REAL Christ for 2,000 years!

Iymus

Holy crap! I give gratitude to all the heavenly powers that you blokes aren’t in charge of the church. Your posts ridicule the Body of Christ and twist theology and biblical interpretation into a Beavis and Butthead cartoon.

:rolleyes:

Saying Christian's should not make graven images is ridiculing the body of Christ? Interesting.

Psa 119:104 KJV Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Joh 1:18 KJV No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Mat 5:17 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Exo 20:1 KJV And God spake all these words, saying,

Exo 20:4 KJV Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 KJV Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That's Churchianity, which transforms God into a 3-in-One Motor Oil who BBQs trillions FOREVER for not believing Then, then give worms and maggots Everlasting Life to gnaw on them!
Then, their Jesus is a Godman-without-Blood in heaven who sends churchoids back to Earth to be 'Raptured'!
Straw man. This doesn't describe my church. It's just more, "Hey, Beavis! He said 'rapture" hehe hehe hehe hehe…"

sojourner

Saying Christian's should not make graven images is ridiculing the body of Christ? Interesting.

Exo 20:4 KJV Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Here's a much better translation: "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath..."

A "graven image" in biblespeak is an idol -- not simply "a granite statue." An idol is different from a statue. Surrounding pagan cultures often worshiped stone or wood idols. An idol is an effigy that has divine power in and of itself, and doesn't merely point to some unseen something. Christians don't worship idols. We use statues, icons and other images to point our attention to God -- not to the article, itself.

Your understanding is abysmally weak here. And yes, when you suggest that icons are idols, it does ridicule the Body of Christ.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Apostate Jews and the Catholic Church didn't want God to be known!
Is telling such lies characteristic of you? IOW, don't believe everything your leaders try to brainwash you on.

Also, the Trinitarian concept is not polytheistic, and in order to actually get a grip on what it actually entails one needs to understand the concept of "essence". If one doesn't understand its use and what it implies, they're likely to fall into the same trap you have.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
1) That’s God’s name, Yehovah with the proper vowel inflections...
2) The first scribe of this document wrote the vowels with God’s name clearly denoting “Yehovah,” however, the second scribe who copied this document, circled the name (this is how Jews “erased” the words from the Tanakh) and then wrote “Adonai” in the sidebar as a correction. The so called mistake, is the correct version of God’s name!

1) Those are not the proper vowels for the tetragrammaton. They are the vowels for Adonai as per Jewish practice.
2) The notation is not pretending to correct a mistake, it is simply letting a reader know that the tetragrammaton should be read as Adonai.

G-d's name is not Yehovah, that is the bastardization of the name when you read the tetragrammaton with the vowels of Adonai.

metis

What do you think was on Moses staff when at the Reed Sea? What do you think was on the Ark of the Covenant the God? What do you think the pictures in your "Awake" and "The Watchtower" magazines depict?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Churchianity has been taken over by Satan who has distorted the beliefs originally taught by Jesus. By blinding people to the truth Satan has prevented people from worshipping the true God and following His teachings.

I don't believe you are that closely associated with Satan that you know what he is doing.

lostwanderingsoul

Holy crap! I give gratitude to all the heavenly powers that you blokes aren’t in charge of the church. Your posts ridicule the Body of Christ and twist theology and biblical interpretation into a Beavis and Butthead cartoon.
I do not ridicule the body of Christ but I ridicule the false religion that took over around the third century and distorted the true teachings of Christ and so blinded people's eyes that they cannot see the truth and are afraid to even question or doubt these false teachings.

sooda

Veteran Member
I do not ridicule the body of Christ but I ridicule the false religion that took over around the third century and distorted the true teachings of Christ and so blinded people's eyes that they cannot see the truth and are afraid to even question or doubt these false teachings.

Does YOUR church teach that? There were no Protestants until the 15th century.

sojourner

Judging the church post-3rd century like this is ridicule, because it's based solely on opinion. And you're not qualified or authorized to pass such a judgment. To assume that *you* have "truth" that the apostles, their successors, and clergy everywhere do not have is ludicrous and self-aggrandizing.

sojourner

The Apostate Jews and the Catholic Church didn't want God to be known!
Ludicrous! That's the whole JOB of the church -- to know God and to make God known. Although judging by your posts, whatever group you're part of appears to be doing a pretty good job of hiding God behind an obsession with days of the week.

sojourner

Does YOUR church teach that? There were no Protestants until the 15th century.
That's true. What lostandwanderingsoul doesn't realize is that if the Church became apostate in the 3rd century, there'd have been no church for 1400 years. But the bible says that not even the gates of hell would prevail against the church. So... who we gunna believe? The bible? Or some fringe group?

metis

Then you must believe that Jesus lied when he said he'd guide his Church until the end of time.