• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Churchianity has Hidden the REAL God and the REAL Christ for 2,000 years!

Iymus

From trying the spirits and study; Christ resurrected on the third day of the feast of unleavened bread. Based off Luk 24:21 it seems Mary visited the tomb on the fourth day of the feast of unleavened bread early morning.

In any case I do not believe it is possible to honor the death and resurrection of the Son without reflecting on the Holy Days of his God and Father; Being Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread celebration.

I have heard that the modern days we reflect on to honor the son; aligns with some fertility goddess and queen mother of heaven.
-------------------------------------

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Jer 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think many are misinformed due to a steady diet of false ideas pushed on them by churrches that do not teach from the Bible.
As one who has been in pretty much every major Christian denomination (I used to reach a comparative religions course), I have yet to see one that doesn't teach from the Bible. Mine certainly does as at every mass there are several readings from scripture and the homily must reflect at least the Gospel reading for that day.

And they are too afraid to question anything because they believe that church will do something bad to them.
Not in my denomination they don't. Only those who teach within the church have to teach what the church teaches. Outside of that, we all have the right of individual discernment, including the teachers in terms of what they personally may believe.

So, which denominations supposedly do what you say?

lostwanderingsoul

As one who has been in pretty much every major Christian denomination (I used to reach a comparative religions course), I have yet to see one that doesn't teach from the Bible. Mine certainly does as at every mass there are several readings from scripture and the homily must reflect at least the Gospel reading for that day.

Not in my denomination they don't. Only those who teach within the church have to teach what the church teaches. Outside of that, we all have the right of individual discernment, including the teachers in terms of what they personally may believe.

So, which denominations supposedly do what you say?
  • I thought I was being ignored. Reading a verse or two and telling what you think it means is not enough when what you think it means is the opposite of what it says. In an example given a few posts ago I invite anyone to show how Jesus saying "keep the commandments means we do not have to keep the commandments. Most churches says the commandments are no longer valid. That is not what Jesus said.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It's actually worse than that. For Roman Catholicism teaches that the Bible is the "written tradition", and then the so-called "apostolic tradition", and yet the Magisterium sits over both, judging both, deciding both, outside of both.
That’s “worse?” Sounds “better” to me. Sounds truer to history than the stuff the Cults of the Bible spout.

sojourner

There are two kinds of people who call themselves Christian. 1. Those who read the word of God and believe it means what it says. 2. Those who read the word of God and look for any excuse to say it does not mean what it says. Examples. The soul that sins will die mean you have an immortal soul that cannot die. The wages of sin is death means you will be tortured forever. Think not that I am come to destroy the law means that I am doing away with the law. Keep the commandments means you do not have to keep the commandments. Really twisted logic from really twisted minds.
Or, there’s another kind that reads the texts for what they are, study them exegetically to formulate well thought out interpretations of these multivalent documents, and then wrestle with those interpretations as they stand juxtaposed to cultural lenses. These Christians understand that the Bible is not the be-all-end-all of Christian thought, indeed, was never meant to be, is not infallible, was written by human beings through their various understandings and cultural lenses, and stands as part of the whole tradition of the Church.

sojourner

• I thought I was being ignored. Reading a verse or two and telling what you think it means is not enough when what you think it means is the opposite of what it says. In an example given a few posts ago I invite anyone to show how Jesus saying "keep the commandments means we do not have to keep the commandments. Most churches says the commandments are no longer valid. That is not what Jesus said.
Why would we want to do that? Your mind is made up that you’re right, and the rest of us are naive and have fallen victim to “Man’s doctrines.” You don’t respect education, scholarship, or church authority, so none of those authorities have any meaning for you. You only respect “the interpretations that match the way YOU ‘read’ the Bible.” To use real scholarship to explain it to you would be to cast pearls before the swine of the ignorance of biblical literalism.

Last edited:

74x12

Gen 1:26- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...

CHURCHianity has God talking to Himself/Themselves, but His Son was there. Also, so too, were the angels-

Job 38:4-Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
5-Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6- On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—
7- while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

We don't know if the angels assisted God and Christ (they likely DID),
however, it doesn't matter; God was speaking to his family. He Himself later tells us that it was His SON
who "made" all things, and also that GOD created all things "THROUGH" him!
AND, being the Leader (Archangel) of the Messengers (Angels), the rest of the angels likely HELPED!
Gen 1:26 according to scriptures should be understood as prophetic of Jesus coming to remake us into the image of God a second time. That is two fulfillments of Gen 1:26.

That is why God says "let us". He speaks to the Son as if by prophecy of what the Son would do.

See Romans 8:29. The elect are predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son.

lostwanderingsoul

Why would we want to do that? Your mind is made up that you’re right, and the rest of us are naive and have fallen victim to “Man’s doctrines.” You don’t respect education, scholarship, or church authority, so none of those authorities have any meaning for you. You only respect “the interpretations that match the way YOU ‘read’ the Bible.” To use really scholarship to explain it to you would be to cast pearls before the swine of the ignorance of biblical literalism.
The "Christian" way would be to try to help others understand. So the offer still goes. Explain why Jesus said "keep the commandments" but meant that we do not need to keep them? Actually my mind is very open,
more than yours, and if you can explain this to me you will be doing the Christian thing and helping a lost person find the way. That should be very easy for someone who has all the answers.

sojourner

The "Christian" way would be to try to help others understand. So the offer still goes. Explain why Jesus said "keep the commandments" but meant that we do not need to keep them? Actually my mind is very open,
more than yours, and if you can explain this to me you will be doing the Christian thing and helping a lost person find the way. That should be very easy for someone who has all the answers.
The Christian thing is to not be a doormat. And what makes you think I have all the answers just because I’m not averse to questioning?

sojourner

Gen 1:26 according to scriptures should be understood as prophetic of Jesus coming to remake us into the image of God a second time. That is two fulfillments of Gen 1:26.
No, it shouldn’t. It’s always a mistake to read “Jesus” into any Hebraic text. When exegeting texts, the correct things to do are to 1) get out of your own way — that is, refrain from reading through your own lens. It’s not your understanding you’re after. This leads us to #2: Try to get into the head of the writer as best you can. What was the writer thinking? What was his understanding? We can guarantee that the writer had no concept of Jesus. You do, but he doesn’t. Therefore it simply cannot be correct that Genesis is talking about Jesus. A third consideration of the exegetical process is what is the genre of the writing? Genesis isn’t a prophecy. That just isn’t it’s genre.

See Romans 8:29. The elect are predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son
Romans doesn’t inform Genesis. Therefore it’s a mistake to use it in the formulation of an interpretation of Genesis.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
No, it shouldn’t. It’s always a mistake to read “Jesus” into any Hebraic text. ...
You are obviously uninformed of the following texts then:

The very name, "Jesus" means "JEHOVAH is [my] salvation./saviour":

Mat_1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.​

In the OT Hebrew, the Hebrew word (H3444) for "salvation" is "yeshua", for instance, which is part of His name, see:

Exo 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation [לי לישׁועה]: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Exo 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.​

In several places in the OT, the name used is literally (Alpha-Omega, "et") Yeshua YHVH or Jesus JEHOVAH, for instance see:

Genesis 49:18 HOT - לישׁועתך קויתי יהוה׃

Genesis 49:18 HOT Translit. - liyshûät'khä qiûiytiy y'hwäh

Exodus 14:13 HOT - ויאמר משׁה אל־העם אל־תיראו התיצבו וראו את־ישׁועת יהוה אשׁר־יעשׂה לכם היום כי אשׁר ראיתם את־מצרים היום לא תספו לראתם עוד עד־עולם׃

Exodus 14:13 HOT Translit. - waYomer mosheh el-hääm al-Tiyräû hit'yatz'vû ûr'û et-y'shûat y'hwäh ásher-yaáseh läkhem haYôm Kiy ásher r'iytem et-mitz'rayim haYôm lo tošiyfû lir'otäm ôd ad-ôläm​

The "et" or "את" is the Alpeh Tau, the Alpha Omega of Hebrew, the First and Last letter, the Author and Finisher.

2 Chronicles 20:17 HOT - לא לכם להלחם בזאת התיצבו עמדו וראו את־ישׁועת יהוה עמכם יהודה וירושׁלם אל־תיראו ואל־תחתו מחר צאו לפניהם ויהוה עמכם׃

2 Chronicles 20:17 HOT Translit. - lo läkhem l'hiLächëm Bäzot hit'yaTZ'vû im'dû ûr'û et-y'shûat y'hwäh iMäkhem y'hûdäh wiyrûshälaim al-Tiyr'û w'al-TëchaTû mächär tz'û lif'nëyhem wayhwäh iMäkhem

Jonah 2:9 (2:10) HOT - ואני בקול תודה אזבחה־לך אשׁר נדרתי אשׁלמה ישׁועתה ליהוה׃

Jonah 2:9 HOT Translit. - waániy B'qôl Tôdäh ez'B'chäh-Läkh' ásher nädar'Tiy áshaLëmäh y'shûätäh layhwäh š

Psalms 119:174 HOT - תאבתי לישׁועתך יהוה ותורתך שׁעשׁעי׃

Psalms 119:174 HOT Translit. - Täav'Tiy liyshûät'khä y'hwäh w'tôrät'khä shaáshuäy​

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
... We can guarantee that the writer had no concept of Jesus. ...
Explain the following then:

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa_7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

This is a direct reference to Genesis 3:15. For it speaks of "virgin", in which Genesis 3:15, speaks of the "seed" of the "woman" (not of the man).

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.​

Zec_13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Jos 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
Jos 5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
Jos 5:15 And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

Joh_8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.​

Do you pretend, that Moses as a Prophet of God (seeing the future, and even speaking person to person with the Son on Mt. Sinai), that spake of the Prophet to come had no concept of Jesus?

Deu 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

Deu 18:16 According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.

Deu 18:17 And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.

Deu 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deu 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.​

sooda

Veteran Member
Aren't you telling me that you worship on the day of the resurrection of Jesus, which you are claiming to now be Monday?Didn't you just say that is was 'ok' to go to church on 'Saturday'?

As for Calendrical changes, all of those are accounted for by the Bible, History and Chronologists, and all clearly show that the week has remained the same since time began, for that is how the so-called 'Jews', at present know the 7th day, and how the Christians who keep God's sabbath definitely know the 7th day, and how Christians the world over know when Jesus arose from the dead, being the first day of the week; and how the Muslim population know when Friday is, for each of group has preserved in themselves for the last 2,000 years, (Muslims the last 1400-1600 years depending on one's understanding of the origins of Islam):

View attachment 37194 View attachment 37195
God stated the week in Creation (Genesis 2:1-3), and stated it again at the Exodus (Exodus 16; 20:8-11), and again in the days of Jesus Christ (Luke 4), and again in the days of the Apostles (Acts, Hebrews), and again in the final days of John (Revelation 1:10, 10:6, 14:6-7, etc), along with his own Gospel (written after Revelation), as well as the prophets fortelling of the continued keeping of the sabbath, the 7th day, long after the Cross, as Jesus (Matthew 24:20); Isaiah (Isaiah 56:1-8; 58:13, 66:22-23), etc.

Loss of time through Calendrical changes? Are you telling me that God not only lost track of time, or that He wouldn't faithfully remind mankind of the proper time that He set in motion from the beginning? Are you telling me that the population of Jews, scattered the world over on several occasions, all lost tract of when the 7th day was at the same time, or over the centuries (and where is the evidence of this)?, or that the body of Christians (made up of both repenting Jew and Gentile) also scattered the world over, somehow also forgot all at the same time when the 6th day, the 7th day and the first day of the week is? Are you suggesting that the chronologists, among the pagans, heathen, atheists, sea farers, and or Muslims, Jews and Christians, all somehow couldn't discern the sunrise and sunset, then phases of the moon, the rotations of the earth, the position of the stars and the days of the week were so lost as to you (who claim to honour the resurrection of Jesus Christ upon the first day of the week) cannot actually tell, and are now suggesting that the actual first day of the week is Monday (and that you know this, and still go to church on Sunday)?

Are you suggesting that the days of the week, are affected by the days of the month?

Was the first day of the creation week a Sunday or a Monday?

lostwanderingsoul

The Christian thing is to not be a doormat. And what makes you think I have all the answers just because I’m not averse to questioning?
I guess Jesus was the biggest doormat in history because his whole life was about helping people and spreading his message of hope and love.

sojourner

I guess Jesus was the biggest doormat in history because his whole life was about helping people and spreading his message of hope and love.
You heard it here, Boys and Girls: "Jesus was the biggest doormat in history." And this from somebody who claims to love Jesus?

sojourner

You are obviously uninformed of the following texts then:

The very name, "Jesus" means "JEHOVAH is [my] salvation./saviour":

Mat_1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.​

In the OT Hebrew, the Hebrew word (H3444) for "salvation" is "yeshua", for instance, which is part of His name, see:

Exo 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation [לי לישׁועה]: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Exo 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.​

In several places in the OT, the name used is literally (Alpha-Omega, "et") Yeshua YHVH or Jesus JEHOVAH, for instance see:

Genesis 49:18 HOT - לישׁועתך קויתי יהוה׃

Genesis 49:18 HOT Translit. - liyshûät'khä qiûiytiy y'hwäh

Exodus 14:13 HOT - ויאמר משׁה אל־העם אל־תיראו התיצבו וראו את־ישׁועת יהוה אשׁר־יעשׂה לכם היום כי אשׁר ראיתם את־מצרים היום לא תספו לראתם עוד עד־עולם׃

Exodus 14:13 HOT Translit. - waYomer mosheh el-hääm al-Tiyräû hit'yatz'vû ûr'û et-y'shûat y'hwäh ásher-yaáseh läkhem haYôm Kiy ásher r'iytem et-mitz'rayim haYôm lo tošiyfû lir'otäm ôd ad-ôläm​

The "et" or "את" is the Alpeh Tau, the Alpha Omega of Hebrew, the First and Last letter, the Author and Finisher.

2 Chronicles 20:17 HOT - לא לכם להלחם בזאת התיצבו עמדו וראו את־ישׁועת יהוה עמכם יהודה וירושׁלם אל־תיראו ואל־תחתו מחר צאו לפניהם ויהוה עמכם׃

2 Chronicles 20:17 HOT Translit. - lo läkhem l'hiLächëm Bäzot hit'yaTZ'vû im'dû ûr'û et-y'shûat y'hwäh iMäkhem y'hûdäh wiyrûshälaim al-Tiyr'û w'al-TëchaTû mächär tz'û lif'nëyhem wayhwäh iMäkhem

Jonah 2:9 (2:10) HOT - ואני בקול תודה אזבחה־לך אשׁר נדרתי אשׁלמה ישׁועתה ליהוה׃

Jonah 2:9 HOT Translit. - waániy B'qôl Tôdäh ez'B'chäh-Läkh' ásher nädar'Tiy áshaLëmäh y'shûätäh layhwäh š

Psalms 119:174 HOT - תאבתי לישׁועתך יהוה ותורתך שׁעשׁעי׃

Psalms 119:174 HOT Translit. - Täav'Tiy liyshûät'khä y'hwäh w'tôrät'khä shaáshuäy​
This post doesn't remotely answer my argument.

sojourner

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa_7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

This is a direct reference to Genesis 3:15. For it speaks of "virgin", in which Genesis 3:15, speaks of the "seed" of the "woman" (not of the man).

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.​
Zec_13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Jos 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
Jos 5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
Jos 5:15 And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

Joh_8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.​
Do you pretend, that Moses as a Prophet of God (seeing the future, and even speaking person to person with the Son on Mt. Sinai), that spake of the Prophet to come had no concept of Jesus?

Deu 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

Deu 18:16 According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.

Deu 18:17 And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.

Deu 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deu 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.​
I don't suppose it's remotely possible that NT writers, writing long after the OT, could have read the OT and written Jesus to match up with these OT passages on purpose...

sooda

Veteran Member

In context Isaiah is writing about one of his sons. Maher-shalal-hash-baz was Isaiah's second son. The first was Shear-Jashub (Isaiah 7:3)

Shear Jashub's name means "a remnant shall return," so the kingdom of Judah would in time be overthrown and only a mere remnant would return after a period of exile.

Immanuel (7:14) may be Isaiah's first son -- Isaiah 8:18. His name, which means, "God with us," is designed to give encouragement to Ahaz to trust in God during this crisis rather than in Assyria.

Matthew 1:23 takes it to mean a prophecy about Jesus. Just like they borrowed the suffering servant to mean Jesus.

lostwanderingsoul

You heard it here, Boys and Girls: "Jesus was the biggest doormat in history." And this from somebody who claims to love Jesus?
Now you are truly twisting things. YOU said you did not want to be a doormat by helping explain something to someone who asked for help understanding. This implied that Jesus was a doormat for helping others. I do NOT believe Jesus was a doormat but your twisted view of things seems to imply that. Jesus would help others, you seem interested only in yourself.

lostwanderingsoul

Was the first day of the creation week a Sunday or a Monday?
The names of the days do not matter. I have sat in many churches and heard it said that the first day of the week is the new sabbath or the Christian sabbath. It does not matter if it is Sunday or Monday or even Tuesday. The churches say that the FIRST day is the day they celebrate as the sabbath. But man has no authority to change what God has established. God rested on the seventh day and blessed that day forever. If you believe that Sunday is the SEVENTH day then that is your right. But if you say the first day is the sabbath, that is not your right. Do not even look at the names of the days. Do you honor the seventh day or the first day? One is God's holy day and one is not.