• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Church Shopping

Ellen Brown

I hadn't been to worship in a month, so last night as I went to bed, I knew I was going to something today. This morning at 10 AM I was at a Mormon Branch, and there were a couple big burly guards at the door. So, after I walked over to another church and there was a guard there too.

This is no surprise to me at all, but it makes me sad. I'm not planning to go to a Masjid next Friday to see if there is a guard, but I'm pretty sure there will be, and I think they've been doing that for a while.

This morning I got a message from a sister, suggesting that I try attending a Reform Jewish Shabat, but it was already too late. So perhaps I'll take a trek over there but I'll have to figure out if there meetings are Friday night or Saturday? I wonder if they will let me in, and if there will be a guard there too? I think that would be wise.

I'm pretty sure that I can give Trump the credit for making hateful attacks a legitimate way to illustrate one's displeasure. I feel older now and much more sad.

whirlingmerc

I hadn't been to worship in a month, so last night as I went to bed, I knew I was going to something today. This morning at 10 AM I was at a Mormon Branch, and there were a couple big burly guards at the door. So, after I walked over to another church and there was a guard there too.

This is no surprise to me at all, but it makes me sad. I'm not planning to go to a Masjid next Friday to see if there is a guard, but I'm pretty sure there will be, and I think they've been doing that for a while.

This morning I got a message from a sister, suggesting that I try attending a Reform Jewish Shabat, but it was already too late. So perhaps I'll take a trek over there but I'll have to figure out if there meetings are Friday night or Saturday? I wonder if they will let me in, and if there will be a guard there too? I think that would be wise.

I'm pretty sure that I can give Trump the credit for making hateful attacks a legitimate way to illustrate one's displeasure. I feel older now and much more sad.

It was very sad to hear about the Poway CA synagogue shooting as people should be safe and comfortable however they congregate.

Nowadays churches do need some plan for safety even if you do not see it visibly there is likely some plan as well as a plan to protect children from types of abuse. Sadly you have to have policies in place for protection nowadays and I don't think Trump can take all the credit that's been for a long time

Church shopping depends on the reasons.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This morning I got a message from a sister, suggesting that I try attending a Reform Jewish Shabat, but it was already too late. So perhaps I'll take a trek over there but I'll have to figure out if there meetings are Friday night or Saturday? I wonder if they will let me in, and if there will be a guard there too?
You shouldn't have any trouble getting into one, and to find out the times check and see if they have a website and, if not, then call.