• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Church constitution

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
john63 said:
Yes Katzpur I'm still reading the BoM, but I have a long way to go. I can't be baptised because I'm still smoking cigs. I'm having a real hard time trying to kick that vice. At this point I really don't know. This decision has been much harder than I thougth even a few weeks ago. The more I explore the harder it gets to reach a decsion.
Thanks for the explanation, John. This is an absolutely enormous decision. I wouldn't want to be in your position. Hang in there, and have faith. God will help lead you to where He wants you to be. I'm sure of that much.

Kathryn

john63

titmouse
beckysoup61 said:
You don't mind if I pray for you, do you? If you want help stopping smoking?!? If not just tell me to screw off.:rolleyes:
Hey, I'll take all the prayer I can get Beckysoup, thanks.:bounce

joeboonda

Sounds like a church bound by legalism, I'd find another, and if you fall in love and wanna re-marry, that's just fine. Don't even worry about it. Scripture on this subject seems scary to some, but its not really, God wants us to be married forever, but he knows we are human and we or our spouses can mess things up to the point of having to divorce. He was more angry that the Jews, if they had any little reason, would divorce their wife, and abused this privilege from the O.T. Even in the N.T. its says one is not under any bondage if an unbelieving spouse leaves, or a spouse dies, and Jesus said if someone cheats on you you can divorce them. No matter what mistakes a person or their X's made, forget it and move on. Thing is we are forgiven of all our sins, God wants us to look forward, not behind, He loves us, and our children, and I do not think you should be involved with a church that would be so legalistic as to forbid you to be married again. Hope that is encouraging, anyway.

Michael

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
john63 said:
Westbrook Baptist Church
I nearly just had a heart attack.. I read Westboro Baptist instead of Westbrook. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry too that the church you liked didn't work out. I hope you find the home you are looking for soon.

joeboonda

Maize said:
I nearly just had a heart attack.. I read Westboro Baptist instead of Westbrook. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry too that the church you liked didn't work out. I hope you find the home you are looking for soon.
Lol, you thot it was your church? I am surprised that a Baptist Church would be that way, except there are a few different 'types' of Baptist Church. Like Free-Will, missionary, and some other Baptists think you can lose your salvation, while Southern and Independent Baptists believe once you are saved you are saved. I still don't see how people believe they can lose their salvation, especially for getting married again, but, I am getting off topic.