• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ's Genealogy

jazzymom

Just Jewish
Why write it down if it is not important?

Good question..... I have written down my genealogy because it is interesting to me......

It is not interesting to anyone else, except a few in my family.

Just because it is written down does not make it true, or important.

Flat Earth Kyle

Good question..... I have written down my genealogy because it is interesting to me......

It is not interesting to anyone else, except a few in my family.

Just because it is written down does not make it true, or important.

So all of those many Begats found all throughout the Old Testament were all a bunch frivolous information to you?

jazzymom

Just Jewish
So all of those many Begats found all throughout the Old Testament were all a bunch frivolous information to you?

Your putting words in my mouth.......

It was written down by folks who thought it was important, it was important to them.

But I don't take anything in the Bible literally....

mohammed_beiruti

The Genealogy of Christ (Matt.1:1- 16):
Abraham – Isaac - JacobJudas – Phares – Zara – Thamar – Esrom – Aram – Aminadab – Naasson – Salmon -Booz of Rachab - Obed of Ruth – Jesse - King David -
Solomon – Roboam – Abla – Asa – Josaphat – Joram – Ozias – Joatham – Achaz – Ezekias –Manasses –Amon – Josias - Jechonias (At the time Israel was carried into Babylon) - Salathiel
Zorobabel – Abuid – Eliakim – Azor – Sadoc – Achim – Eluid – Eleazar – Matthan - Jacob
Joseph (The husband of Mary) – Jesus the Christ

Why is Christ’s genealogy important?
Do you think all of the people before Christ knew that Christ was going to be one of their descendants? Why do you think it was important for each of the people in Christ’s family line to keep track of their family history? Was it important for them also, or just important for Christ? If it was important for people all throughout the scriptures, do you think it is important for us to keep a record of our genealogy today?

I think genealogy is important to test prophecies on Jesus

for example Jacob's Prophecy :
49:10
The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

some comment that Shiloh is the Messiah, so they care about the genealogy to test the prophecy.

however personlaly I don't belive in those prohecies.

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
There was a woman named Mary.
There was an angel, it's name unknown.
There was a god, his name unknown.
There was a spirit, that came from the god.
There was an egg, in the womb of Mary.
What DNA was in the spirit of god.
What was the chromosone that was in the sperm ?
What was the gendre of this conception ?
Was it XO, XX, or....what ?
Was Mary really a virgin, or un-blemished ?
How did Mary tell Joseph about this happening ?
Explain the insemination through practical means.
No real paternal father, for god is spirit only.
And a baby came to pass, in body only.
Was Jesus male or ..... ?
Why are they refered to as "him" ?
Who's your daddy ?
Who's your real mommy ?
Why am I so confused, where's my meds ?
~
`mud