• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas & Santa are agents of evil sent by Satan the Devil

Do you believe it is wrong to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass?

• Yes. It is ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No. It is NOT ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

linwood

t3gah said:
But he's on earth and not in heaven. How many adversaries are in heaven?

None...thats the entire reason for heaven.

I fail to see your point, it`s no great thing that an angel can`t be an adversary in heaven considering no one or nothing can be an adversary in heaven.

The point of the statement was ....what exactly?

linwood

Did I forget to say that the Elves of St. Nick really started the whole Christmas thing way back when? That's because they are really the demons Jesus expelled from all of those people when he walked the earth. I know, I know, what?! They had to go somewhere...
eek.gif
Nevermind my previous question.
I now see that there is no point to your postings.

Ronald

THE PERSONAL MESSAGE OF CHRISTMASby Charles Spurgeon "We have no superstitious regard for times and seasons. Certainly we do not believe in the present ecclesiastical arrangement called Christmas. First, because we do not believe in any mass at all, but abhor it whether it be sung in Latin or in English. Secondly, because we find no Scriptural warrant whatever for observing any day as the birthday of the Saviour; and consequently, it's observance is a superstition, because not of divine authority. Superstition has fixed most positively the day of our Saviour's birth, although there is no possibility of discovering when it occurred. It was not till the middle of the third century that any part of the Church celebrated the birth of our Lord; and it was not till long after the western Church had set the example, that the eastern adopted it. Because the day is not known, probably the fact is that the "holy" days were arranged to fit in with the heathen festivals. We venture to assert that if there be any day in the year of which we may be pretty sure that it was not the day on which our Saviour was born, it is the 25th of December. Regarding not the day, let us give God thanks for the gift of His dear Son. How absurd to think we could do it in the spirit of the world, with a Jack Frost clown, a deceptive worldly Santa Claus, and a mixed program of sacred truth with fun, deception and fiction. If it be possible to honor Christ in the giving of gifts, I cannot see how while the gift, giver, and recipient are all in the spirit of the world. The Catholics and high Church Episcopalians may have their Christmas one day in 365, but we have a Christ gift the entire year." (Dec. 24, 1871) "Upright men strove to stem the tide, but in spite of all their efforts, the apostasy went on, till the Church, with the exception of a small remnant, was submerged under pagan superstition. that Christmas is a pagan festival, is beyond all doubt. The time of the year, and the ceremonies with which it is celebrated, prove its origin." "Those who follow the custom of observing Christmas, follow not the Bible but pagan ceremonies."
From a sermon delivered on the Lord's Day morning,
24th December, 1871
at the Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington, London

This tract is available in printed form from:

Chapel Library
2603 W. Wright St
Pensacola, FL 32505
904-438-6666

t3gah

Ronald said:
THE PERSONAL MESSAGE OF CHRISTMAS by Charles Spurgeon "Those who follow the custom of observing Christmas, follow not the Bible but pagan ceremonies."
exactly. :)

t3gah

FyreBrigidIce said:
Isn't it better to focus on that positive fact instead of spreading doom and gloom? Isn't there enough negativity in the world today? I mean, seriously, you mentioned in one of your posts about depression and Christmas. Don't you think your posts may depress a lot of people that have different Christian beliefs about the holidays you have posted against.
The positive stuff is that people do care about others. That they take the time to do what is stated in acts, that it is better to give than receive. The real plus is that now that you know Christmas isn't for Jesus' birth it's for some false God, blah, blah, blah, you can be like those who walk in the light of the glory of God's son Jesus. Truthful to yourself and others.

Questions from family, the children or friends:
Q: When was Jesus born?
A: When Herod was in power.

Q: What was the date?
A: That's not supplied in the scriptures.

Q: When did Jesus say to celebrate his birth?
A: He didn't say, he said celebrate his death.
And the questions can go on and on. Jesus was a little bit smarter than the rest of us, no?! Wouldn't he know best on whether we should celebrate his death or his birth since he is God's son?

t3gah

linwood said:
None...thats the entire reason for heaven.

I fail to see your point, it`s no great thing that an angel can`t be an adversary in heaven considering no one or nothing can be an adversary in heaven.

The point of the statement was ....what exactly?
That was an answer to a previous comment that "the adversary" in noted to be an angel of the Lord in another passage that states that this good angel was an advesary to the enemies of God. My original statement was that "Satan, Devil, Beelzebub" couldn't be angels names in heaven.

t3gah

SoulTYPE01 said:
There is a differnce betweeen fun and stating crazy things about it. I just learned that this week here.
There are many threads with even "crazier" remarks.

This thread alone had some worse ones than mine and there are alot of them.

The questions are :

were mine worse than theirs?

were theirs crazier than mine?

I'm straight forward with my thinking. My apologies to everyone if they got offended. :)

linwood

The questions are :

were mine worse than theirs?

were theirs crazier than mine?

I'm straight forward with my thinking. My apologies to everyone if they got offended.
The difference between "Theirs" and "Yours" is that theirs were in jest yours seem to be be serious.

Thats the odd part

Melody

t3gah said:
The gift of giving should be year round. Not just for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

WWJD - What would Jesus do?
T3....you're making the assumption that just because we give at Christmas, we don't give the rest of the year...or that we only give for specific occasions? Wrong assumption.

Melody

t3gah

SoulTYPE01 said:
May I add that it is not possible for Xmas to be an "agent" of the devil. Xmas is not a being.
In my haste I mistyped what I originally wanted for the thread title:

"Christmas & Santa were created by the spirit of Satan the Devil".

So you are correct, Christmas can't be an "agent of Satan the Devil", only Santa can. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll need to remember that for the future...

Hope

Princesinha
I find this whole thread very interesting, as I was raised in a home where Christmas and Easter were never 'celebrated.' When I say 'celebrate', I mean Santa, Christmas tree, decorations---all that lot. My parents were ( and still are ) against celebrating it for all the reasons that have been previously mentioned in this thread. We, did, however, receive gifts from relatives, and having a big Christmas dinner is still a family tradition. Nowadays, some of my siblings and I have taken it upon ourselves to give gifts to others, as we began to feel bad about always being 'giftees' and not 'givers.' My parents still do not give gifts.

Coming from this background, my thoughts on celebrating Christmas are this: I totally understand where those who choose not to celebrate it are coming from, but I also think that there is truly no harm done in celebrating it, as long as its real meaning and purpose are kept. As I see it, it is a special time for family and friends to gather together and show their love for one another---what is so 'evil' about that? Christmas tree or no Christmas tree, Santa or no Santa, I enjoy Christmas because it is one of the only times of the year that my entire family---extended included---actually sits down to a meal together and a time of fellowship. We are not worshipping some pagan god or goddess, with dances and rituals around a Christmas tree.

I think everyone should just follow their own heart and convictions concerning the matter. If one feels that God is truly telling them not to celebrate Christmas ( as my parents felt ), then they should'nt celebrate it....that's fine. However, if one has no such conviction, then why should they let someone else make them feel guilty for something God has given them a clear conscience about?

It reminds me of some verses, written by Paul I believe ( I'll see if I can find the verses later ), in a New Testament book. He was writing to a group of believers concerning whether it was ok to eat meat sacrificed to idols. Basically, he left the choice up to the individual believer. He didn't say eating such meat was sinful---all he warned against was causing another believer to stumble. I think sometimes we overanalyze things. I think we should stop overanalyzing, and just leave it up to God to show others whether or not celebrating Christmas is ok. Celebrating or not celebrating shouldn't be forced on anybody. Celebrating Christmas is not akin to those clear-cut laws like, Do not steal, Do not lie, Do not murder, etc, etc. It's a bit different...;)

SoulTYPE

Hope said:
I enjoy Christmas because it is one of the only times of the year that my entire family---extended included---actually sits down to a meal together and a time of fellowship.
That is what I mentioned in my other thread. Frubals to thee.

Hope said:
We are not worshipping some pagan god or goddess, with dances and rituals around a Christmas tree.
That would be an interesting sight.:tsk:

iris89

Hi Everyone

The starter of this thread is right on target with reality; whereas, the great majority are off target.
'
Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Scott1

iris89,
While your opinion is important..... a debate usually needs a bit more than your moral support.

Peace in Christ,
Scott