• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas & Santa are agents of evil sent by Satan the Devil

Do you believe it is wrong to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass?

• Yes. It is ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No. It is NOT ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Melody

SoulTYPE01 said:
Jesus was angry at one stage in the bible..where the people used his church for a market, remember?
Yes he was but I don't see how this is the same thing. His church was/should have been a sacred place and they were using it for commerce. I suppose if you consider the day as sacred you might have a point, but do people think of it that way? I think of it more as a celebration of His birth.

Melody

Melody

Ronald said:
Please, tell me when the unchanging God Changed.

Ex 32:4
And he received the gold at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, and made a molten calf; and they said, "These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!"

If I recall God was angry! But Jesus the changed God changed all that, Didn't he?
Ronald,

I see no connection with this conversation. You are quoting verses about worshipping a golden calf and we are talking about a celebration that worships the Lord. We aren't worshipping the gifts, nor the tree, nor the eggnog, ad nauseum.

It sounds as if you do not celebrate Christmas so I will refrain from saying it, but have a nice...hmmm....life?

Melody

Melody

Ronald said:
No! I don't remember, please show me in the Bible, Jesus and angry, in the same sentance!
"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all
them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the
tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold
doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be
called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of
thieves."
Matthew 21:12-13, KJV

No it doesn't say the actual word, but can you picture Jesus going up to one of the tables and saying, "Excuse me, may I have your table so I can toss it out the door?" And then moving on to the next.

Melody
Eggnog...3?

Ronald

Melody said:
Ronald,

I see no connection with this conversation. You are quoting verses about worshipping a golden calf and we are talking about a celebration that worships the Lord. We aren't worshipping the gifts, nor the tree, nor the eggnog, ad nauseum.

It sounds as if you do not celebrate Christmas so I will refrain from saying it, but have a nice...hmmm....life?

Melody
The connection is they too were having a feast unto the Lord.
And when Aaron <0175> saw <07200> (8799) it, he built <01129> (8799) an altar <04196> before <06440> it; and Aaron <0175> made proclamation <07121> (8799), and said <0559> (8799), To morrow <04279> is a feast <02282> to the LORD <03068>.

If I recall someone was unhappy, didn't appreciate their gesture of Love

"Brilliant men like you can justify your every inconsistancy" (Living Bible) "But wisdom is justified by all her children." (NKJV)

Melody

Ronald said:
The connection is they too were having a feast unto the Lord.
No, they were worshiping an idol. But just for you, I will reread that passage again when I get home and see if it changes my perspective.

Melody

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Melody said:
Yes we know that Jesus was not born on December 25th.
Yes we know that Christmas trees were originally a pagan ritual.

So what?! We aren't worshipping the trees, or the gifts (ok, some of us aren't), or the day.

Since we don't know the exact date of Christ's birth, does that mean we should just throw up our hands and say, "Well G-d, you're just outta luck now, aren't you?" My niece was adopted from Kazakhstan and they don't know her birthday so made one up for her. I think Jesus is at least as deserving.

Melody
And no I haven't had that eggnog yet. I'm thinking it might have to be two.
I'm not saying that at all melody. In fact, please, i want you to celebrate christmas. I wish people acted like this the other 11 months of the year, the world might be a better place. The only reason i bother bringing any of this up is 1)though you may know about it, some don't and 2)i just think they are fun little factiods about the holidays and i'm a nerd like that.:D

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
jewscout said:
I'm not saying that at all melody. In fact, please, i want you to celebrate christmas. I wish people acted like this the other 11 months of the year, the world might be a better place. The only reason i bother bringing any of this up is 1)though you may know about it, some don't and 2)i just think they are fun little factiods about the holidays and i'm a nerd like that.:D
As has been posted by others. There are people that do act like this the other 11 months of the year.

Isn't it better to focus on that positive fact instead of spreading doom and gloom? Isn't there enough negativity in the world today? I mean, seriously, you mentioned in one of your posts about depression and Christmas. Don't you think your posts may depress a lot of people that have different Christian beliefs about the holidays you have posted against. Then again, I guess it depends on whether they choose to follow your thoughts or stick with what they were taught through their own religious upbringing.

Melody

jewscout said:
Sorry....this was not directed at you but to Ronald. Didn't mean to run over you in the process. :p

Melody

jewscout

Religious Zionist
FyreBrigidIce said:
Isn't it better to focus on that positive fact instead of spreading doom and gloom?
yes
I mean, seriously, you mentioned in one of your posts about depression and Christmas.
I did?:sarcastic :areyoucra Where?
Don't you think your posts may depress a lot of people that have different Christian beliefs about the holidays you have posted against.
What the deuce? I have tried to do nothing but share a few factiods and then insist on the practice of christmas by all who celebrate it.
Then again, I guess it depends on whether they choose to follow your thoughts or stick with what they were taught through their own religious upbringing.
I haven't got a clue as to what your talking about:areyoucra

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
jewscout said:
yes
I did?:sarcastic :areyoucra Where?

Are you high? What the deuce? I have tried to do nothing but share a few factiods and then insist on the practice of christmas by all who celebrate it. I don't get high. I have a child that is more important than that. Although it may stop the daily back pain I have from a screwed up surgical procedure. :p Nah, I'll just wait until I obtain medical insurance and get Professional help for that.

seriously, dude, put down the bong and step away before posting please. Female, sorry. Do not own a bong nor do I wish to own one.

I haven't got a clue as to what your talking about:areyoucra
Please feel free to ask before incinuating that I am stoned.

It seems our postings crossed ways. My apologies that again I was not specific in who I was responding to. It does appear that my statements were towards you. Not intentional. I guess I should start deleting what I am not responding to. I have no idea how to insert quotes form different posters in one response.

Since I am having such a problem communicating I think I shall go back to posting to off-topic discussions in which I have more a chance to respond appropriately with what my feeble mind holds. I guess I need to obviously get my head out of my tush as it seems the case would be by this latest response to one of my posts.

Sorry again jewscout.

Off to the other threads I go.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Has this thread been cursed? Everyone posting here this morning seems to be misunderstanding everyone else posting here. Is the obvious solution to this problem for us to all wear tin foil hats while posting in order to protect ourselves from the harmful, discord-causing radiations that are spewed by Santa's sleigh as it whizzes around the earth at Christmas time? I should think so! And that's why I already have my tin foil cap on.

Melody

Alright! Everyone....step awaaay from the keyboard. Go have an eggnog! I think we're all getting a bit :jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy: .

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Melody

Melody

Sunstone said:
Has this thread been cursed? Everyone posting here this morning seems to be misunderstanding everyone else posting here. Is the obvious solution to this problem for us to all wear tin foil hats while posting in order to protect ourselves from the harmful, discord-causing radiations that are spewed by Santa's sleigh as it whizzes around the earth at Christmas time? I should think so! And that's why I already have my tin foil cap on.
I'd have to borrow the foil. I've used all mine to wrap the plates of cookies (probably a pagan ritual too) for the homeless shelter. I only do the cookies once a year so I won't misunderstand their enthusiastic greetings to mean my worthless offering is actually acceptable.

:woohoo:

Melody
I need a little smilie drinking eggnog.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Melody said:
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
That's easy for you to say if you have a tin foil cap on, but what about the millions of people in starving Africa who can't aford tin foil to protect themselves from the diabolical Christmas time radiation of Santa's sleigh? Is it really a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for them? Am I the only one alarmed by this?

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
oo0000oooo cookies. I think I may bake some tonight to go with my baked brain. (Lol, just being silly) Seriously, I can not bake anything from scratch so I cheated and bought already made that I just have to plop in the oven.

t3gah

Sunstone said:
Did I forget to say that the Elves of St. Nick really started the whole Christmas thing way back when? That's because they are really the demons Jesus expelled from all of those people when he walked the earth. I know, I know, what?! They had to go somewhere...:eek:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
t3gah said:
Did I forget to say that the Elves of St. Nick really started the whole Christmas thing way back when? That's because they are really the demons Jesus expelled from all of those people when he walked the earth. I know, I know, what?! They had to go somewhere...:eek:
Frankly, I'm no longer surprised by anything that you tell me.