• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas & Santa are agents of evil sent by Satan the Devil

Do you believe it is wrong to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass?

• Yes. It is ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No. It is NOT ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Circle_One

Off Topic for a moment: Lady_Lazarus, I've just got to say, with your last two post, you gave me a serious giggle fit.

Back on topic:

No we say, we are pretty sure that it is not Jesus's real birth day, we(Christians) DO celebrate Jesus's birth on this day.
I'm sorry, I should have made that statement better. I know that Christians do celebrate it as Christ's birth, but are unsure whether it is the actual day or not. Thank you for clarifying. :)

I said 25ish :p Also Mithraism, a pagan religion, I believe celebrated Mithra's birth on Dec. 25.
Again, I appologize for the misstatement, but I had posted that whole previous paragraph as a means of explanation for T3gah to understand the Pagan celebration of Yule.

Not some pagan's that decided to spruce up Christian livelyhood because they wanted to bring them something new and ungodly.
You know, I think we have been persecuted enough over time to not have to be blamed for corrupting the Christian religion with our heathen celebrations when in fact it was the Christians who brought Christmas into their own religion as a means of easing the conversion of Pagans to Christianity; as has been stated many times previous.

Melody

t3gah said:
You should be caring for others year round not just around Christmas and the feeling of being blessed is also a year round affair. Why wait for a day that someone says is the right day to practice being a Christian when the people in the scriptures waited for no such date themselves. You and your family are commendable for your fortitude and compassion.

The "gift of giving" shouldn't be restricted to one day a year... the gift of sharing shouldn't be on one day a year.... What about the rest of the year?
I would guess that the "gift of giving" is a year round activity for many of the people on this board.

SoulTYPE

Melody said:
I would guess that the "gift of giving" is a year round activity for many of the people on this board.
That depends mel. I give gifts (when I can) for Xmas, yes. But I also give them for birthdays. I also give them to people who have earned them, even perhaps
through achievement or because I want to show them how much a friend they are.
(sorry Feathers can't send anythin over the net;) )

Okay I am sorry, that didn't quite make sense. I'll shut up now.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
You know, I think we have been persecuted enough over time to not have to be blamed for corrupting the Christian religion with our heathen celebrations when in fact it was the Christians who brought Christmas into their own religion as a means of easing the conversion of Pagans to Christianity; as has been stated many times previous.

I could not agree more about this. I did a paper which I posted in my journal about how differences in religious beliefs does not make a person evil. In that paper I included how the Holy Inquisition was one of the main ways Christians of that time period forced our ancestors to convert or be killed. I have posted this before but anyone is welcome to read the paper in my journal if they wish. I have included sources for where I got my information.

As for being called evil and against God.... I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!!! I may be pagan but I do acknowledge the possibilities that any religious belief known to man presently could be incorrect but evil???? :tsk: One of the evils I acknowledge is the closed mindedness of individuals that are too blind to see that there could be good in anyone no matter what their religious preference is. The other evil I acknowledge is when a person intentionally harms another person whether it is physical, mental, emotional, or verbal.

If I was against the God mentioned in the original post, I would not be willing to allow my children to make their own educated decisions about which religion they wish to follow if any. The only evil religion (in my opinion), again, is one that permits and rewards intentional harm against another person. (off topic-- No I do not believe in the death penalty either, death is a release not a punishment.)

I do not believe in Satan. He was created by the Christians of olden days to help them understand the Pagan God Pan because religions older than Christianity were Earth worshipping religions in which we celebrated every season and the living creatures on our planet.

I agree that helping and giving to others less fortunate than we are should happen year round.

If I am considered evil by a closed-minded person just because I do not "believe" as they do the so be it. All I have left to say to that is that if a better place does exist and all of our paths were correct, I will walk up to my accusers and welcome them with open arms of forgiveness and still call them my brother or sister.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
HAPPY YULE AND WINTER SOLSTICE!!!!
HAPPY KWANZAA!!!!!
HAPPY CHANAKAH!!!!!!(misspelled probably sorry)

BLESSED BE AND BRIGHT BLESSINGS FOR A GREAT NEW YEAR that is porsperous Love the typo here and am leaving it ROFL!!!(porous)to soak in more knowledge of other beliefs before claiming they are evil (prosperous too) and healthy for EVERYONE!!!!

t3gah

Runt said:
Luke 2.20: "And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them."

It appears that within scripture there is a celebration of the birth of Jesus documented after all...
Yup and the celebration is towards God not Jesus. Glorifying God that he has fulfilled his promise by sending the messiah.

Is there really a Santa Claus?

fromthe heart

I have to say one more thing...Christmas is a time that everyone seems to recognize peace...for that day...peace. I don't care how it came about I don't see where it's hurting anyone at all. I plan to celebrate Christmas as Christ's birthday...I also plan to laugh at the expressions of childrens faces sitting on Santie's lap...I don't take life so serious that I feel I'm doing anything out of disrespect for God. Jesus came into this world for those who believe in His birth...He taught we were to be people of peace,love,joy...Christmas does just that for those I know who enjoy this holiday. We give gifts out of giving and not getting...unselfishness..another atribute of Christ's love. I just don't think this holiday is of satin...he doesn't like peace,harmony,joy...etc. Doesn't sound like satins handiwork to me!

This just my personal opinion, not intended to deny you your opinion. Peace be with you brother's and sister's of this planet...and may God be with all who chose Him.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
Thank you C1. I graciously accept the frubals. There were supposed to be quote tags around the first paragraph because it was from one of your posts. Sorry I did it wrong.

I have a hard time responding to religious debate threads because I have a weakness that causes me to start typing with an angry defensiveness. It is something that I am slowly learning how to positively handle. This forum is helping me with that because I read other posts and responses and it helps me see how to appropriately respond without taking someones post personally.

Circle_One

I gathered you had accidentally not put the quote tags around there, no appologies nessecary, the point got across none the less and that is what counts.

As for your post sounding as if it had an angry defensiveness, I did not get this impression at all. It was well written and did not seem hasty or malicious at all.

precentor

t3gah said:
Yup and the celebration is towards God not Jesus. Glorifying God that he has fulfilled his promise by sending the messiah.

So Jesus is not God? Hmm, and you call yourself a Christian?

Rex

Founder
precentor said:
t3gah said:

So Jesus is not God? Hmm, and you call yourself a Christian?
Did he call himself a Christian?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I can't believe it! You two are arguing over whether the man's a Christian when you should be taking his message to heart and preparing your tin foil caps to wear Christmas eve in order to ward off Santa's evil radiation!??! Am I the only one whose brain will be protected from flying reindeer this season? Time is running out! BE PREPARED!

Circle_One

Am I the only one whose brain will be protected from flying reindeer this season?
No Sunstone, you will not be the only one. I've been wearing mine for the last week. We all know how sneaky those flying reindeer can be.

t3gah

I did celebrate Christmas when I was a kid. My dad had the tree, the lights for the house and he decorated the tree when we were young. There were wrapped presents, eggnog, turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and cornbread. We used to leave the fireplace door open so Santa could get into the house easier. We kids left the milk and cookies. One time I remember coming down to see the light was left on and the cookies were gone. Only crumbs left and the milk was half drunken. One time my dad dressed up like Santa and pretended to be him. Afterwards when he, my dad didn't do that anymore, we thought Santa didn't like us as much as he did when he showed up to play with us in the flesh. We were crushed when we learned later on that it was all a lie. That dad pretended to be this rolly polly fat man with good cheer and presents so we kids could have fun like the other families around the globe doing the celebrating the same holiday in their homes. So we had a softer blow than other kids who find out that their parents and the world are in cahoots with this big scam to pull the wool over your eyes. They, your parents, let you grow out of it or tell you nicely one day when you are older or you find out outside of the family that your parents have been lying to you for years. Your parents make a big deal out of it and teach you all the in's and out's of Christmas which kinda like making you a disciple of Christmas now that you know how to please God. A proselyte of the Christmas way. You honor his son by observing this holiday made out of a whole bunch of traditions from other religions and races with the sole goal of making more Christians. A ficticious character who lives at the North Pole and keeps track of whether you are good or bad each year. (isn't that God's job?) Later on in college I decided to keep up with Christmas by going to a friends house to celebrate with his family since I was away from home. It still didn't feel right even as we were singing carols by the piano. What were we doing all these things for? The tree, the lights, the cards, the meal, the songs. Were we giving to the poor or inviting the blind, lame and sick to our meals like Jesus said we should? No, we were perpetuating a lie in front of other children, his nephews. Even later on after that I tried to stay with Christmas when I worked for Dell. Buying the wrapping paper, bows, getting the gifts and the cards. Putting them all together for my friends. It just didn't seem right after awhile because I remembered that the whole thing was fake.

Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December. We all agree on that point. There was no white Christmas in Jerusalem that the Jews celebrated for the messiah. The calendar the Jews were on had only 360 days with an entire whole month of 30 days that was added when the moon and sun were in alignment. Thousands of years have gone by since his birth of which neither the day, month or year appears in the holy scriptures. With the exile of the Jews in 70 C.E. and all the records burned the dates became impossible to pin down. The Bible does say who was in power when he was born so you can calculate a timeframe but not the specifics.

Chrismas's beginning was a whole bunch of lies perpetrated by people who killed you if you didn't accept it for an origin. Yup, sounds like the Jesus the Bible portrays. Full of love. Even if we don't do the killing and the forcing it on people today it's still a bunch of lies with gloss and glitter masking over the lie. They added the charity bit awhile back but since this is only for 2 days of the year it's not much of a charitable thing for those in need.

The Bible talks about the rebellious angels, the war in heaven, Michael the arch angel battling with the other angel who was later renamed Beelzebub by God and became know as both Satan and Devil, which by the way are titles. No angel in heaven would be called Satan or Devil or Beelzebub. And he's no longer an angel despite popular belief. Angels live in heaven. Demons live down on earth where they were cast down to. Jesus, the apostles and disciples expelled them out of people but they didn't kill them or cast them away from earth. Beelzebub is a demon, evil angel, and Beelzebub definition is "owner of dung". Satan means "resister" and Devil means "slanderer"and "false accuser".

So no matter what religion you choose with your open mind, the key point about the Christmas thing is the prefix "Christ" which means "Messiah". This sham is about the Christ in the holy scriptures who showed people the new way. The founder of Christianity. Christians of thousands of years ago. The key point of this thread is that since everything surrounding Christmas is a lie and Beelzebub is the originator of the first lie, you are a proponant of Beelzebub (Satan the Devil) if you teach other people the traditions of Christmas and/or "celebrate" these lies like the Devil does with what he did to Eve and Adam. If you stop observing this fake and stop teaching prople that Christmas is about charity and God's son then you have repented of your former deeds which then God will forgive you. Or you can keep going with it and join the father of the lie at Armegeddon when he gets destroyed. Lose out on being one of God's earthly children for all eternity.

Yup, the Magi glorified God. They didn't wait for December 24th to start up celebrating the messiah's coming. They didn't chop down a pine or spruce tree, deck it out with ornaments and candles or stick a star atop of the tree. They didn't wrap up presents with paper and bows and put them under the tree. They didn't make out cards and send them all around. They went their way on their camels glorifying God by speaking of this event to everyone they met. That the messiah has arrived. That angels confirmed who this child was and so on.

Pick any Bible you want for the excerpts they all say pretty much the same thing except for the "Jehovah" part. Christmas is something the Devil inspired. Lies, deception, threats, death are it's origin. Just say no!:)

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Look, having just read your last post, it seems pretty obvious that you have some issues...not with Christmas, but with your parents. This whole 'Christmas is a big lie!' thing seems more to be 'my parents told me a big lie!' thing. There are plenty of people who grow into well adjusted adults despite the fact that their parents mislead them for years as to the existence of Santa...for many people the Santa fantasy is something they happily continue with their own children. I would suggest that instead of transferring your issues onto Christmas, you work out what it was you feel your parents lied to you about that actually WAS an issue (on closer inspection you sound rather like the badly affected child of a divorce they never saw coming) and deal with that. You'll be better off in the long run...perhaps when you've dealt with the real problem you can move on and get back some of the joy you used to get from Christmas.

Circle_One

Chrismas's beginning was a whole bunch of lies perpetrated by people who killed you if you didn't accept it for an origin. Yup, sounds like the Jesus the Bible portrays.
Actually people weren't killed for not accepting Christmas, they were killed for not excepting CHRISTIANITY. What a fun religion: Believe what someone tells me to believe, or die at their hands..hmm...interesting.

So no matter what religion you choose with your open mind, the key point about the Christmas thing is the prefix "Christ" which means "Messiah". This sham is about the Christ in the holy scriptures who showed people the new way. The founder of Christianity. Christians of thousands of years ago. The key point of this thread is that since everything surrounding Christmas is a lie and Beelzebub is the originator of the first lie, you are a proponant of Beelzebub (Satan the Devil) if you teach other people the traditions of Christmas and/or "celebrate" these lies like the Devil does with what he did to Eve and Adam. If you stop observing this fake and stop teaching prople that Christmas is about charity and God's son then you have repented of your former deeds which then God will forgive you. Or you can keep going with it and join the father of the lie at Armegeddon when he gets destroyed. Lose out on being one of God's earthly children for all eternity.
Hmmm..well then I guess it's good that I celebrate The Winter Solstice/Yule and not CHRISTmas then. As well as not believing in either a heaven or a hell, looks like I've got nothing to worry about.

t3gah

In my Funk & Wagnalls dictionary the definiton for Hell has an anotation that it's English for the Greek word Haides which also has an anotation refering to the Hebrew word Sheol.

The definition of Sheol is cave. The place the Jews buried their dead back when Jesus resurrected Lazarus and later was entombed in one himself before God resurrected him.

So my friend, Hell, the fiery inferno that everyone is scared of or thinks of doesn't exist at all. It, Hell, is the grave where everyone is going.