• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas & Santa are agents of evil sent by Satan the Devil

Do you believe it is wrong to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass?

• Yes. It is ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No. It is NOT ok to celebrate Christmas or Christ Mass

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Pensive... verses don't have to be relevent for some to take them out of context. :D We call it "Free basing the Scritures". ;)

t3gah

"I have never been able to reconcile myself to the gaieties of the Christmas season. They have appeared to me to be so inconsistent with the life and teaching of Jesus." (Mohandas K. Gandhi)

pensive

t3gah said:
"I have never been able to reconcile myself to the gaieties of the Christmas season. They have appeared to me to be so inconsistent with the life and teaching of Jesus." (Mohandas K. Gandhi)

I find it curious that one would criticize "Christmas" because they consider it a "Pagan holiday" only to turn around and quote a devout Hindu to support his position.

Scott1

pensive said:
I find it curious that one would criticize "Christmas" because they consider it a "Pagan holiday" only to turn around and quote a devout Hindu to support his position.
Beautiful!...... thanks for the laugh!:biglaugh:

Promote peace and love......and I'm sure that eventually the EVIL of SANTA :eek: will be defeated!

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
There is a scripture that says not to judge you with regard to your religious celebrations. That scripture was made in reference to real Christian celebrations and not pagan celebrations pawned off by false prophets who claimed to be Christian.
t3gah, who's interpretation are you claiming here? Your own or the Jehovah Witness sources that you are so well known for using to prove your point?

You quote a lot of scriptures yet forget to realize that even though the bible was possibly inspired by God, all Bibles had to be written by a mortal man and it is already known that God does not expect mortals to be perfect or he would not have "sent his only begotten son." Or do I have this quote wrong according to your interpretation? Hypothetically speaking, if I am correct that would mean that God would know that mortals would interpret His word in different ways. Why did he not write it himself, then? (Anyone can offer their thoughts on possible answers to this question) Maybe, he planned to have it interpreted in different ways so each culture on Earth could understand and develop a relationship based upon those interprestations.

Having said this, I would also like to let you know that I am glad that you are on the path that is right for you and your relationship to God. What upsets me is that I have yet to see you acknowledge the possibility that other people could be on a different path to the same reward. All you do is answer with more scriptures and continue to claim that only those on the same path as you are "True Christians". I may not be Christian but that does not mean I enjoy watching accusations of my fellow humans beliefs.

fromthe heart

pensive said:
AAAHHH...Frubals darlin'...frubals:)

t3gah

Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas#Footnotes)

2. The 8th century English historian Bede's Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum ("Ecclesiastic History of the English People") contains a letter from Pope Gregory I to Saint Mellitus, who was then on his way to England to conduct missionary work among the heathen Anglo-Saxons. The Pope suggests that converting heathens is easier if they are allowed to retain the outward forms of their traditional pagan practices and traditions, while recasting those traditions spiritually towards the one true God instead of to their pagan gods (whom the Pope refers to as "devils"), "to the end that, whilst some gratifications are outwardly permitted them, they may the more easily consent to the inward consolations of the grace of God". [1] (http://www.englishheathenism.homestead.com/popesletter.html) The Pope sanctions such conversion tactics as Biblically acceptable, pointing out that God did much the same thing with the ancient Israelites and their pagan sacrifices.

3. When Oliver Cromwell took over England in 1645, Christmas was cancelled as part of a Puritan effort to rid the country of decadence. This proved unpopular, and when Charles II was restored to the throne, he restored the celebration. The Pilgrims, a group of Puritanical English separatists who came to North America in 1620, also disapproved of Christmas, and as a result it was not a holiday in early America. The celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed from 1659 to 1681 in Boston, a prohibition enforced with a fine of five shillings. The people of the Jamestown settlement, on the other hand, celebrated the occasion freely. Christmas fell out of favor again after the American Revolution, as it was considered an "English custom", and it was not declared a federal holiday in the United States until June 26, 1870.

t3gah

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Christmas
(http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03724b.htm)

Christmas

ORIGIN OF THE WORD

The word for Christmas in late Old English is Cristes Maesse, the Mass of Christ, first found in 1038, and Cristes-messe, in 1131. In Dutch it is Kerst-misse, in Latin Dies Natalis, whence comes the French Noël, and Italian Il natale; in German Weihnachtsfest...

Pagan beliefs surrounding Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_Beliefs_Surrounding_Christmas)

The month of December holds one of the most celebrated holidays in the world, Christmas. Never the less, many people celebrate this holiday without noting its pagan roots such as, dates, customs, and traditions...

t3gah

FyreBrigidIce said:
t3gah, who's interpretation are you claiming here? Your own or the Jehovah Witness sources that you are so well known for using to prove your point?
I have other resources such as my Strong's concordance for my King James of 1939 plus a 1611 King James Version with a concordance I got from the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, then there is my Unger's Bible Definitions, my JPS Tanakh, and a host of other publications that aren't from Jehovah's Witnesses. I have my Thompson New International Version bible with chain-references, comprehensive bible encyclopedia and concordance. I have a Paraphrased Living Bible and a 1917 Scofield Reference bible. I have an Amplified English bible too. I have a Gideon's New King James Version. World English Bible. Hebrew Names Bible. American Standard Version. And then there are the bookmarks on my three different browsers to various religious sites and online encyclopedia's.

I get most of what I use online from memory. That includes chapter/verse and even the wording of the scriptures. There are only around 31 thousand scriptures which aren't that many if you study and meditate on them every day like it says in Joshua 1:8 and Psalms 1:2.

FyreBrigidIce said:
All you do is answer with more scriptures and continue to claim that only those on the same path as you are "True Christians". I may not be Christian but that does not mean I enjoy watching accusations of my fellow humans beliefs.
Romans 12:14
Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Romans 12:17
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

t3gah

Colossians 2:16 KJV
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

Once more I'll state my case. Christ Mass and/or Christmas are Pagan celebrations being masqueraded as Christian 'religious' ceremonies/celebrations. This celebration isn't in the bible. Christians didn't observe this tradition period. The Magi gave gifts to Joseph and Mary as per the custom of giving gifts to notable persons. They didn't give gifts to each other. Christians didn't celebrate birthdays. The Jews of the Old Testament didn't celebrate birthdays either. Adding any holidays or ceremonies to what's already in the scriptures does not make them part of a Christian religious celebration because the origin is Pagan. The scriptures have already been penned.

Read the info links I posted previous to this post for the background of this so-called, holy day honoring the birth of the Christ.

frubals are a joke.:)

SoulTYPE

t3gah said:
This is a debate, no?

Not a, this is my question, here is my answer. Then it's over.

Romans 12:14
Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Romans 12:17
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
t3gah this is probably a little off topic, but still think it is necessary.
You said "here is your answer". I have no problem with you posting them and it
is a good resource to back up your answers..
but perhaps you could put a little more explanation into them instead of just
pasting them? (IE) I do not mean this in any hostile way:)

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
t3gah said:
frubals are a joke.:)
No - frubals are a feedback system, designed to let each member know how the thoughts that they post are viewed by others in this community.
If this were a face-to-face roundtable, we would be able to see and hear the small comments that are intended to show support for our positions on all these widely arrayed subjects.
Negative frubals are the vehicle by which the moderators and supporters let us know that we are being argumentative just for the sake of being rude.

TVOR

SoulTYPE

I think he is saying this at the fact he did not get them instead of FBI, my straw friend TVOR

And frubals from FTH are special.

SoulTYPE

I am sure it is. Somewhere. Are you directing me to the bible now, Ronald?:tsk: ;)

I mean, what does it mean?