• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas music survey

My feelings towards Christmas music is I ...

• love it

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • like some and dislike some

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • am ambivalent, I have no particular feelings about it

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • don’t like it

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • hate it

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • never heard any (really?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • am deaf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • write Christmas music for a living, so sue me

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
None of the poll choices really fit. I love some more than others, but I don't dislike any.

Spike Jonze Xmas Spectacular is my all-time favorite. But I don't dislike other Christmas music.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I don't really like the traditional stuff but I like some of the oddball stuff, Dropkick Murphys with The Season's Upon Us, The Pogues with Fairytale of New York, Mental as Anything with Apocalypso (Wiping the Smile Off Santas Face) and even the Royal Guardsmen with Snoopys Christmas.

ETA: I forgot Slade with Merry Xmas Everybody.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Religious Christmas music is fine for its liturgical/devotional purposes but I can't stand secular Christmas music for the most part. I don't care about Frosty, Rudolph or your grandma getting run over by a reindeer.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I can tolerate Christmas music for awhile, especially if it's secular Christmas songs I like. However, I usually cringe whenever I hear Christmas music in early November, which is several days before Thanksgiving.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I like Christmas songs like this:

:D

I'll admit to always liking this one, though:

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

Getting bored of The Pogues one now, I have to say. Still not bored of Slade yet though, and I was at school when that came out, nearly half a century ago. Noddy Holder, what a guy.

My mum and my auntie used to sing On The Blue Blue Ridged Mountains of Virginia together every Christmas, after dinner and a skinful. So I love that one, not sure if it is strictly a Christmas song though tbh.