• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians, Your Best Evidence That The Bible Is The "Word Of God"

Do you mean "Ashur" as I quoted the scripture? Ashur is another word for Assyria.

Ashur, or Assyria, in any case it may means something else than what modern people think.

If the water was "in one place" then why would he use the plural "Seas" to describe it. Nope I can readily see the "Seas" containing many bodies of water, all separated by various islands, large land masses, or continents. And this single continent you speak of, you are aware, are you not, that it, Pangaea, existed until some 300 million years ago?

Even if there was just one water, it could have had different areas that were called seas. Similarly as it also nowadays, we basically have one ocean that has many seas that are connected to others. More important in this case is that according to the Bible, there was one area of dry land.

And about 300 million years, I have no good reason to believe it.

Do you honestly believe that's how the writer identified it, as writing that happened "2,200 years before Jesus"?

By what I know, only thing that indicates it is 2200 years before Jesus is that it claims to be so. There is nothing to support the idea.

As I said it doesn't matter why or who is responsible for the error, or where, the fact is, it exists. The Bible does contradicts itself, which is the only issue under consideration, as you asked.

I can accept only that some translations are not as accurate as they should be. It doesn’t mean the oldest are wrong or contradictory. And I think you have not really managed to show any contradiction, because in all examples you gave, the older versions don’t have the problem. But thank you anyway for your effort. You were better than many enemies of truth.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Ashur, or Assyria, in any case it may means something else than what modern people think.
And what may modern people think of Assyria? And why would it matter?

Even if there was just one water, it could have had different areas that were called seas. Similarly as it also nowadays, we basically have one ocean that has many seas that are connected to others. More important in this case is that according to the Bible, there was one area of dry land.
And there are different continents separating these waters.

And about 300 million years, I have no good reason to believe it.
How about science?

yet you accept the fact that at one time there was one continent, which you compare to the Bible's assertion. So why is it so hard to accept when that continent existed?

By what I know, only thing that indicates it is 2200 years before Jesus is that it claims to be so. There is nothing to support the idea.
As if you've looked at any of the available evidence. :rolleyes:

Tell you what, this has grown quite boring, so you have a nice day while I go on to something more productive.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the best evidence that the Bible is the "word of god"?

Or, in the case of Jews, the Tanakh?

That after 1000's of years, there are people still turning to that Word and be inspired to be better people by that Word.

Regards Tony

Skwim

Veteran Member
That after 1000's of years, there are people still turning to that Word and be inspired to be better people by that Word.

Regards Tony
And after 3,000 + years people are still turning to the Samhitas of the Vedas to be inspired to be better people by its words. Which, according to your logic here, should mean these writings are the work of one or more of the Hindu gods.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And after 3,000 + years people are still turning to the Samhitas of the Vedas to be inspired to be better people by its words. Which, according to your logic here, should mean these writings are the work of one or more of the Hindu gods

Correct as Krishna would be one Source of Truth from the Hindu collection. There would be more.

Regards Tony

Muffled

Jesus in me
Or, in the case of Jews, the Tanakh.

Please feel free to define "the word of god" however you wish:

a) Gods' very own words, which were inerrantly and infallibly transcribed.
b) God's very own ideas, instructions, and recountings which he inspired others to inerrantly write down in their own manner.
c) God's very own ideas, instructions, and recountings which he inspired others to write down in their own manner.
d) ______________________________your own definition____________________________ .
Note that it will help if you preface your first response with your choice here so everyone is on the same page when replying to your comments.

That out of the way,

What is the best evidence that the Bible is the "word of god"?

I believe the fact that I have the Holy Spirit is evidence that the Bible is the Word of God. In addition to that the Holy Spirit verifies that it is His word.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I believe the fact that I have the Holy Spirit is evidence that the Bible is the Word of God. In addition to that the Holy Spirit verifies that it is His word.
That maybe great for you, but it doesn't impress those of us who don't have this Holy Spirit you claim exists, or that it has verified "His word." Not to be flippant, but you may as well claim the Easter Bunny exists. :shrug:

Last edited:

Hawkins

You have to go back to point to investigate those who claimed to have been inspired by God.

If you ask people today, it makes no difference in asking the question that what is the best evidence you ever ate any eggs before the age of 10. If it's today then, whatever your mom said we choose to believe or disbelieve.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That maybe great for you, but it doesn't impress those of us who don't have this Holy Spirit you claim exists, or that it has verified "His word." Not to be flippant, but you may as well claim the Easter Bunny exists. :shrug:

I believe anyone can claim anything but I have never heard of one person claiming that the Eater bunny exists but I have hear of thousands claim the Holy Spirit exists. I believe what you are saying is that He doesn't exist in your limited experience.