• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Why has God given me such a horrible life?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
I am autistic with seasonal affective disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, rapid cycling bipolar disorder, and post traumatic stress disorder. I hate my life, and would rather be dead than not have the life I want. I told my mother I wish I was dead, and she got snippy, and said I always feel that way. I have the right to have a better life, and so do other people. My complaint is just.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I am autistic with seasonal affective disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, rapid cycling bipolar disorder, and post traumatic stress disorder. I hate my life, and would rather be dead than not have the life I want. I told my mother I wish I was dead, and she got snippy, and said I always feel that way. I have the right to have a better life, and so do other people. My complaint is just.
You got to meet me. Doesn't that make your life worthwhile? :) Do I not count? Maybe I should feel insulted? :D

I am kidding up there.

That is a lot of **** you are dealing with. I am officially glad that I am not you --- HOWEVER, we still need someone to be you. There is a 'You' shaped spot in the universe. Thank you for your service.

A Vestigial Mote

We are what we are. It is as simple as this. The "life you want" is unattainable in the sense you use here. You want to be fundamentally changed - which cannot happen. As a life-form of the Earth, granted the privilege of attempting survival here, you have certain options, avenues, choices to be made - but in the end you can only use what you have been provided with. This is true of any of us. It doesn't make sense to "complain" about what you are - there is no complaint department to hear your qualms. There are things I notice are different about myself that I could easily wish were more like "[insert name here]," but I understand that I am what I am. If I want to be different, there is only so much that can be done, beyond that it is out of my hands - and there is nothing "wrong" with that. You weren't slighted, and no one is trying to offend you with the physical aspects of your body you find yourself "stuck" with. The sooner you realize you aren't "stuck" in the first place (because there is, literally, NOWHERE else to go), the better off I think you will be.

YeshuaRedeemed

You got to meet me. Doesn't that make your life worthwhile? :) Do I not count? Maybe I should feel insulted? :D

I am kidding up there.

That is a lot of **** you are dealing with. I am officially glad that I am not you --- HOWEVER, we still need someone to be you. There is a 'You' shaped spot in the universe. Thank you for your service.
It does. I'm just hurting. I want to hug Jesus.

YeshuaRedeemed

We are what we are. It is as simple as this. The "life you want" is unattainable in the sense you use here. You want to be fundamentally changed - which cannot happen. As a life-form of the Earth, granted the privilege of attempting survival here, you have certain options, avenues, choices to be made - but in the end you can only use what you have been provided with. This is true of any of us. It doesn't make sense to "complain" about what you are - there is no complaint department to hear your qualms. There are things I notice are different about myself that I could easily wish were more like "[insert name here]," but I understand that I am what I am. If I want to be different, there is only so much that can be done, beyond that it is out of my hands - and there is nothing "wrong" with that. You weren't slighted, and no one is trying to offend you with the physical aspects of your body you find yourself "stuck" with. The sooner you realize you aren't "stuck" in the first place (because there is, literally, NOWHERE else to go), the better off I think you will be.
I know I don't deserve Him, but I wish I could be with Jesus. I love Him.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Look on the bright side, you are at least fortunate enough not to have parasitic worms eating away at your eye balls such as is happening to poor African children who are suffering from river blindness. The fact that malicious events do happen beyond anybody's control, proves there is no highly benevolent God who controls what happens in your life. Life isn't always going to be so easy for almost anybody, so please get used to life being a bit rough at times.

Last edited:

YeshuaRedeemed

Look on the bright side, you are at least fortunate enough not to have parasitic worms eating away at your eye balls such as is happening to poor African children who are suffering from river blindness. The fact that malicious events do happen beyond anybody's control, proves there is no highly benevolent God who controls what happens in your life. Life isn't always going to be so easy for almost anybody, so please get used to life being a bit rough at times.
Yikees! I wish I had money, so I could help them. I did not mean to sound self entitled. I love those kids.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I want to help you if I can, and maybe I can't. I had severe schizophrenia 20 years. But it made my life interesting. I am autistic too (Asperger's) and these two things have made it so I can be financially dependent which is a lot easier and lets me fulfill myself in society however I want. I got PTSD from Little Caesar's landing the pizza, so now I don't have to work at a restaurant. I only love my life when I'm doing what's right, which keeps me grounded. I don't want you to die; I love you already and would like to be your friend.

Think of this: everyone has a ratio of how many happy experiences vs how many experiences they have. Some are near 1. Some are like 1/2. Some are low. But no one's at 0, so there are things that can make you happy if you just wait long enough.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!

I believe you have the right to feel the way you do and valid. There’s nothing I can say that would come close to even begin your pain. I don’t pretend to know why. I been through some pretty awful crap in my life and the only comfort I have is knowing that Jesus knows suffering and this life is temporary. I work with children with Autistism and other disorders and my heart goes out to them and their families. I also have a nephew with Asberger’s who has been abused and neglected his whole life. I hope my response doesn’t sound insensitive or trivial.