• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians. Why do you respect a God that kills humans and does not denounce slavery?

ravenstrike

Court Jester
Ok, well, riddle me this, riddle me that, genocide is genocide, anyone who kills babies has no claim to morality. And i'm sick of (forgive me, little rant, no one in specific, honest!) people replying with "oh well, we weren't meant to understand it" or "god works in mysterious ways". Killing millions of people is not "mysterious ways" it's genocide, on a more cataclysmic scale than what Hitler did to the Jews, or what the Cossacks did (also to the Jews(who are ironically God's people. What a way to show the love huh?)). love him, worship God, or you will burn for all of eternity, and He will not save you. wow. what a pisser hey?

eXiled

I like logic.
Ok, well, riddle me this, riddle me that, genocide is genocide, anyone who kills babies has no claim to morality. And i'm sick of (forgive me, little rant, no one in specific, honest!) people replying with "oh well, we weren't meant to understand it" or "god works in mysterious ways". Killing millions of people is not "mysterious ways" it's genocide, on a more cataclysmic scale than what Hitler did to the Jews, or what the Cossacks did (also to the Jews(who are ironically God's people. What a way to show the love huh?)). love him, worship God, or you will burn for all of eternity, and He will not save you. wow. what a pisser hey?

I must applaud. Especially the last statement. However, even if you do love and worship him, he still forgets you.

gnomon

If this is your best. Do not bother.

Regards
DL

I'm actually really good.

Once again,
I do not believe the crap in the Bible. It is a good road guide to God and Jesus is a good guide but you must read it carefully because it holds both the branch of good and the branch of evil.

Most Christians do not believe in God's perfection and that of His works. They wait fot Him to return to fix what ain't broke.

Go figure.

For one this is an obvious admission to selective interpretation of the Bible. Strange claim for a Christian, especially one who lays claims as to what most Christians believe, to make.

And that was nothing. Trust me, it is not I who must do better.

Besides, the Vatican does change its theological opinions. Perhaps it's just not up to speed for ya. But hey, I doubt you're a Catholic so why would you care?

Greatest I am

I'm actually really good.

Once again,

For one this is an obvious admission to selective interpretation of the Bible. Strange claim for a Christian, especially one who lays claims as to what most Christians believe, to make.

And that was nothing. Trust me, it is not I who must do better.

Besides, the Vatican does change its theological opinions. Perhaps it's just not up to speed for ya. But hey, I doubt you're a Catholic so why would you care?

Not up to speed??
It is way behind the times. Ever wonder why?

Regards
DL

ravenstrike

Court Jester
Oh man, this is intense!
Why are some of you trying to claim that you know so much, when there is so little evidence?
Fools keep claiming to know more and more about religion, from what god wants us to do, to what to fricken eat!! I mean, seriously!!
The Vatican is simply one more organization skimming money off people too foolish to know better!! I don't mean to offend, but even your saints are not as perfect as you believe.
Did you know that Mother Theresa once took a PRIVATE FLIGHT to Ireland to protest against women having the right to divorce? So she believed that even if a woman lives in constant fear of her husband beating her, cutting her, she shouldn't leave him. And how much was that "private flight"? how much food, or medication could have been bought with it? How many lives lost, because Mother Theresa had to stick her nose in other people's business? She's not even Irish! She couldn't even take a commercial flight! And the pope is no better. He wears gold threading and silk robes, while his figurehead, JESUS, lived in rags! why wouldn't he emulate this man? I dunno man, seems kinda shaky!

Greatest I am

Oh man, this is intense!
Why are some of you trying to claim that you know so much, when there is so little evidence?
Fools keep claiming to know more and more about religion, from what god wants us to do, to what to fricken eat!! I mean, seriously!!
The Vatican is simply one more organization skimming money off people too foolish to know better!! I don't mean to offend, but even your saints are not as perfect as you believe.
Did you know that Mother Theresa once took a PRIVATE FLIGHT to Ireland to protest against women having the right to divorce? So she believed that even if a woman lives in constant fear of her husband beating her, cutting her, she shouldn't leave him. And how much was that "private flight"? how much food, or medication could have been bought with it? How many lives lost, because Mother Theresa had to stick her nose in other people's business? She's not even Irish! She couldn't even take a commercial flight! And the pope is no better. He wears gold threading and silk robes, while his figurehead, JESUS, lived in rags! why wouldn't he emulate this man? I dunno man, seems kinda shaky!

True Christians do not want to emulate Jesus. He did not speak against slavery, and the denigration of women and Gays. He played to the rich on these issues.

Regards
DL

Smoke

Done here.
But the message of love, hope, and peace in the Bible has been used by Christians and non-Christians alike to end slavery.

It was also used to condemn [it]
You see what you want to.
Do you have any examples of that actually happening?

I know that African-Americans found hope in the image of the deliverance of the Children of Israel from slavery in Egypt, but I don't know of any extensive use of the Bible to condemn slavery or promote abolition. I do know of the extensive use of the Bible to justify slavery, and even to claim that the idea of abolishing slavery was in direct defiance of God's will as revealed in the Bible.

Rolling_Stone

If we are in God's immage and Him in ours then all we have to do is look deep within our own minds.

If God is never to be understood then how can we ever say that we are following Him.
How then can God ask us to follow when He does not tell us where to go?

Regards
DL
Good points, especially the first.

The second is 1/2 right; knowing God is not to fully understand God. Doing the will of God is nothing more or less than exhibiting a desire to share the inner life with the One that makes such an inner life possible (point #1).

The third brings up another point: if we are to be in the image of God, creative, how can our full potential be realized if we are in lockstep with the One that gives us the ability to be creative?

Rolling_Stone

Interesting set of values. Where did you get them?

Greatest I am

Good points, especially the first.

The second is 1/2 right; knowing God is not to fully understand God. Doing the will of God is nothing more or less than exhibiting a desire to share the inner life with the One that makes such an inner life possible (point #1).

The third brings up another point: if we are to be in the image of God, creative, how can our full potential be realized if we are in lockstep with the One that gives us the ability to be creative?

Exactly. That is why we must always continue to question and argue with God.
Not to find what is wrong but to find out what is right. This also will tell us what is wrong.

regards
DL