• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians; why do I need the band aid; if my wound is cured?

roger1440

I do stuff
they do not have the Holy Spirit. Yes they do misinterpret the Messiah, for one thing they believe He will come from the tribe of Benjamin, Jesus came from the tribe of Judah.
How can anyone tell if a person has the Holy Spirit? What would be a sign or characteristic?

Dinner123

Let’s play make believe. Make believe I’m Jewish. Show me by scripture.

We have in Deuteronomy 18:15-16

"The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken; According to all that thou desiredst of the Lord thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not."
No prophet has been like Moses since then except Jesus who mediates a new Covenant with blood like Moses mediated the old Covenant. The difference is Jesus did it with His own blood rather than the blood of animals. As it says in Matt. 26:28 "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."
Notice the people did not want to hear from God directly. They wanted a mediator. God gave them Moses and the Law until the coming of a more perfect Mediator which is Jesus who was "the word made flesh". (see John 1:14) So God spoke to them in the manifestation of the Son of God. The glory of God veiled in human flesh. (see Heb. 10:20)
"And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him." (Mark 9:7)
God spoke directly to the children of Israel in the days of Moses, but again He speaks when Jesus is there. His commandment is the same as what Moses said in Duet. 18:15-16. To Hear Him, the Son of God. This is the commandment of the new Covenant. How do we know this is for the new Covenant? Because of what Jesus commanded them in verse 9.
"And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead."
They were not to tell anyone until the resurrection of this encounter or commandment from heaven. So, only after the new Covenant was brought in with sacrifice and newness of life did they speak of this.
So, you can see how Jesus replaces the Law. It is now that we obey Jesus rather than the Law of Moses. As Isaiah even prophesied of Jesus in Isaiah 49:6-8. Where God says that He will give Jesus(Yeshua) for a Covenant of the people.
"And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation(My Yeshua) unto the end of the earth.Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation(day of Yeshua) have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;"

And, God says in Jeremiah 31:31-34 that the new Covenant will not be according to the old Covenant that He made with the children of Israel when they came out of Egypt with Moses.

"
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Y
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ou see, there was a problem with the first Covenant. They simply could not live up to the conditions of the Covenant. That is why it says "[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]which my covenant they brake,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]" [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And, Jesus further explains this weakness in one of His condemnations of the Pharisees in Matt. 23:23. [/FONT]

“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]” And then in verses 27-28 He says “[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]So, the Law for all it's rules, could not alone make people better within their hearts. So, you end up with Pharisees, who obey all the outward appearances of the Law, but inwardly, in their heart they aren't made clean from all their sins. However, the new Covenant succeeds in this; because it has the power to change men's hearts. It would be a Spirit in the heart. Thus, God says “[/FONT]But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts;”

To be continued ...

Dinner123

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Continuation … [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As Moses responded in Num. 11:29, when Joshua wanted him to forbid the prophets that God had given His Spirit unto in the camp. “And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord'S people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!” Well, God has actually done something like this in the new Covenant fulfilling what Joel the prophet spoke of in Joel 2:28-29(chapter 3 in Jewish Bibles) [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.” This is the Spirit that Jesus came to baptize with as John said in Matt. 3:11 [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:” [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And in John 1:12 it says of the holy Spirit He would give, that it is the power to become the sons of God. [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And He told them to wait at Jerusalem until they received it in Luke 24:49 [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Which they received on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2. This Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus who reigned in their hearts. When the King is enthroned in one's heart then the Regent's reign is finished. (The Law ruled until the King came to His throne.) Then as Jesus spoke of, the Kingdom of God was upon them. Whoever is baptized by the holy Spirit, into Jesus' body is dead to their old life and lives by the holy Spirit which raised them to God. They are born anew the children of God. As it is spoken of in Isa. 43:18-19. [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Remember not the former things: the bondage of their past sinful lives. They are dead to their past life by the cross, and born anew by the holy Spirit which is as rivers in the otherwise desert of their hearts and the way in the wilderness is Jesus. So, if you are dead to the flesh then the Law has no longer dominion. The “Law” now is the rule of the holy Spirit in their hearts. As it says in 2 Corinthians 3:6 [/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jesus died unto the Letter but was resurrected by the Spirit. Whoever has been born again into His body(the body of Christ, the church) is partaker of the same resurrection. Which born again experience Jesus spoke of in John 3:5-8.[/FONT]
“[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”[/FONT]

roger1440

I do stuff
Let’s see here. Jews do not understand their own scripture because they do not have the Holy Spirit therefore some of the meanings of verses are hidden from them. Apparently the Jewish scriptures were actually written for Christians then. Lucky for the Jews they have Christians to explain all this to them. You would think the Jews would be more thankful. Thanks for clearing this up for me. Now I know where some of you are coming from.

Benoni

How can anyone tell if a person has the Holy Spirit? What would be a sign or characteristic?
You would know, Christ means anointing

There are different levels of relationship with the Holy Spirit; if you have not experience the Holy Spirit you do not have the Holy Spirit. He is with

You see Holy Spirit can be in us, or we can be in Christ. To be in Christ means you are totally swallowed up in Christ. Take a bottle of water, yes the bottle of water is full of water like Holy Spirit /Christ being in us, but is not the same as that bottle of water which is full of water (Christ) is thrown in a pool of water. Now that bottle of water is no longer Christ just with in, but it is now totally swallowed up by Christ. Do you see the difference between Christ being in us and we being in Christ.

And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks, and in the midst of the
seven golden candlesticks one like unto the Son of man" (Rev. 1:12-13).
The candlestick realm is the church realm! THAT’S WHERE THE MESSAGE IS!
The message is not out there, not from Christ in some far-off heaven somewhere,
not from an angel from heaven, not from Christ outside of us. The message is within. The voice of the Son of God is the voice in the churches, within those in the churches who are walking in the Spirit and seeing and hearing by the Spirit. Weren’t nearly all of us in the churches when first we heard the Voice? It’s among us! It’s in our midst!
The kingdom of God is within you! The Spirit of the Son is within you! God dwelleth in you! The Holy Ghost is within you! The word of Christ dwelleth richly in you!
The anointing abideth within you! The voice of the Son of God is heard from within!

Benoni

Let’s see here. Jews do not understand their own scripture because they do not have the Holy Spirit therefore some of the meanings of verses are hidden from them. Apparently the Jewish scriptures were actually written for Christians then. Lucky for the Jews they have Christians to explain all this to them. You would think the Jews would be more thankful. Thanks for clearing this up for me. Now I know where some of you are coming from.
Christian cannot show Jews anything unless God opens their spiritual eyes to see

Dinner123

So you don't believe the scriptures are inspired by God but instead they are Jew inspired? So, then why even bother believing the Bible if it isn't from God but just "Jewish" scripture? It's nearly pointless to listen to the Bible, unless you think God inspired the writers. And if God inspired them then what people can claim to understand it without God's help?

Isaiah the Jewish Prophet prophesied:
"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him."

So we cannot on our own discern the things of God. As John the baptist(An Israelite prophet!) said:

"A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven."

Last edited: