• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: why did God do that to me?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My mother always asks me: you don't love God.
"Should I?"- I reply. I was born as Luca a nice shy blonde boy...who slowly, in his adolescence realized that what he had between his legs were not the genital organs he identified with.

He understood that his testicles and penis were incompatible with his soul. A female soul. So...he tried to ask for help, to go the psychologist. He delayed the problem...until the law of his country changed.

The new law allowed him to have a therapist, a sexologist and an endocrinologist.
And to have a gender reassignment surgery. Now she's happy, exiting a hell lasted 30 years.

Now I ask to myself. I owe all my happiness to science. To medicine.
Not to God. So...why shouldn't I ask God: why did you do to this to me? how could you give male genitals to a female?
Where was GOD?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The only explanation I can find is that the nature is so chaotic that God cannot control it.
And horrible things might happen.

But I know that God created and conceived my female soul.
What I don't understand is how he could allow this.

sooda

Veteran Member
The only explanation I can find is that the nature is so chaotic that God cannot control it.
And horrible things might happen.

But I know that God created and conceived my female soul.
What I don't understand is how he could allow this.

Are you happy now?

Sky Rivers

This is a fallen world and while we pretend to be just or some claim the world is in itself just, neither is true.

Rain falls on the good as well as on the wicked, children die of cancer, and wicked things are done in high places.

We are living in the fallen design, not the original perfected work which God called “good”.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I really can't understand stuff like creationism or intelligent design.
they're even offensive to my case

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

*** Staff Post ***

Thread moved to Same Faith Debates. Keep in mind, Christians only.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
My mother always asks me: you don't love God.
"Should I?"- I reply. I was born as Luca a nice shy blonde boy...who slowly, in his adolescence realized that what he had between his legs were not the genital organs he identified with.

He understood that his testicles and penis were incompatible with his soul. A female soul. So...he tried to ask for help, to go the psychologist. He delayed the problem...until the law of his country changed.

The new law allowed him to have a therapist, a sexologist and an endocrinologist.
And to have a gender reassignment surgery. Now she's happy, exiting a hell lasted 30 years.

Now I ask to myself. I owe all my happiness to science. To medicine.
Not to God. So...why shouldn't I ask God: why did you do to this to me? how could you give male genitals to a female?
Where was GOD?

I have to agree with @Sky Rivers here.

Imperfection is what we live in this world....this is not a world of God's making, but what we inherited from two rebellious parents who passed their genetic defects on to us. The defects were the results of their own selfish actions and can take all forms....including hiccups in our DNA.

God understands that living in this world is difficult even for those who don't have gender identity problems. He has promised a remedy for all our troubles, but first he has to solve the problem of abusing free will. Only by allowing humans to see the results of these abuses will there be precedents to facilitate judgments for all time to come. Almost every problem that humans experience is because of an abuse of free will....either their own or someone else's. It must be used responsibly so that our free will does not impact negatively on anyone else's. Has that ever happened up till now? We all know how hard it is to expect perfection but never experience it in ourselves or others.

A world where everyone respects the rights of others would be a good world to live in, would it not? That is the world we will inherit if we can learn to control our free will now in all areas of life. That is how I see it.

sooda

Veteran Member

Imperfection is what we live in this world....this is not a world of God's making, but what we inherited from two rebellious parents who passed their genetic defects on to us. The defects were the results of their own selfish actions and can take all forms....including hiccups in our DNA.

God understands that living in this world is difficult even for those who don't have gender identity problems. He has promised a remedy for all our troubles, but first he has to solve the problem of abusing free will. Only by allowing humans to see the results of these abuses will there be precedents to facilitate judgments for all time to come. Almost every problem that humans experience is because of an abuse of free will....either their own or someone else's. It must be used responsibly so that our free will does not impact negatively on anyone else's. Has that ever happened up till now? We all know how hard it is to expect perfection but never experience it in ourselves or others.

A world where everyone respects the rights of others would be a good world to live in, would it not? That is the world we will inherit if we can learn to control our free will now in all areas of life. That is how I see it.

"Imperfection is what we live in this world....this is not a world of God's making, but what we inherited from two rebellious parents who passed their genetic defects on to us.

The defects were the results of their own selfish actions and can take all forms....including hiccups in our DNA."

My God, that's dreadful..

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I see.
Have you read the Thorn Birds? It's a book which describes Catholics perfectly....what they think, and what the think of God. When I read it for the first time, I said to me: "wow an Australian writer can describe me, Italian Catholic, perfectly".

We Catholics are taught since very very young age that that "dear gentle God" gave us free will, and so we are guilty a priori. Whatever we make , we are obsessed with our guilt and others' guilt, as a direct consequence of free will.

But this time in the afterlife I WILL HAVE THE RIGHT to sue God in court, to try him, asking Him: "how could you allow that a female soul had male genitals? that she was deprived of the holiest thing in the world, a uterus? of motherhood?"

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So, the sins of the parents are indeed visited upon the children, against scripture. But you know best, being the village witch doctor and all.

My parents got married but they have never loved each other.

Me and my sisters, we are not the product of romantic love.
They made us just to have children.
But they gave us much love...
but growing up in a family with a marriage-farce is sad. very sad.

lostwanderingsoul

What is chaotic and cannot be controlled is not nature or God but your thoughts. There is no such thing as a male or female soul. You are a male but cannot control your thoughts to understand it. Instead of turning to God to understand what you are, you turned to medicine to change what God made. God does not make mistakes. People make mistakes in undersranding God.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What is chaotic and cannot be controlled is not nature or God but your thoughts. There is no such thing as a male or female soul. You are a male but cannot control your thoughts to understand it. Instead of turning to God to understand what you are, you turned to medicine to change what God made. God does not make mistakes. People make mistakes in undersranding God.

I see. I respect your view.
But now I have modified genitalia...lots of estrogens (150-300 pg\ml) and zero testosterone.
I am not a male any more.
I modified the imperfect nature.

Yes....God or nature made a mistake. And brilliant BRIGHT physicians solved it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
"Imperfection is what we live in this world....this is not a world of God's making, but what we inherited from two rebellious parents who passed their genetic defects on to us.

The defects were the results of their own selfish actions and can take all forms....including hiccups in our DNA."

My God, that's dreadful..

Yes it is.....that is why Jesus came to give his life in order to make it all right. He bought back for us what our first parents threw away. Nothing that creates pain and suffering in this world is God's doing.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I see.
Have you read the Thorn Birds? It's a book which describes Catholics perfectly....what they think, and what the think of God. When I read it for the first time, I said to me: "wow an Australian writer can describe me, Italian Catholic, perfectly".

I think I saw the movie years ago. Richard Chamberlain was gay as I recall. (not at a time when it was popular though)

We Catholics are taught since very very young age that that "dear gentle God" gave us free will, and so we are guilty a priori. Whatever we make , we are obsessed with our guilt and others' guilt, as a direct consequence of free will.

Guilt is a useless emotion if all it does is just slap you around and make you feel bad, without you acting on its cause. It is supposed to motivate us to correct a wrong course or to repent of some action that hurt others, resulting in forgiveness and a positive outcome.

But this time in the afterlife I WILL HAVE THE RIGHT to sue God in court, to try him, asking Him: "how could you allow that a female soul had male genitals? that she was deprived of the holiest thing in the world, a uterus? of motherhood?"

God had nothing to do with your conception or your genetics...surely you can't believe that he makes people defective on purpose? Who on earth would teach you that? The ability to have children is not guaranteed even to those who have a womb. There are many things that can cause infertility. Motherhood can be more than giving birth, you know.

And since we have to qualify for a place in what you call "the afterlife", (heaven?...I have no belief in such an afterlife) I doubt that anyone who wants to shake their fist at God will even be present.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think I saw the movie years ago. Richard Chamberlain was gay as I recall. (not at a time when it was popular though)

Guilt is a useless emotion if all it does is just slap you around and make you feel bad, without you acting on its cause. It is supposed to motivate us to correct a wrong course or to repent of some action that hurt others, resulting in forgiveness and a positive outcome.

God had nothing to do with your conception or your genetics...surely you can't believe that he makes people defective on purpose? Who on earth would teach you that? The ability to have children is not guaranteed even to those who have a womb. There are many things that can cause infertility. Motherhood can be more than giving birth, you know.

And since we have to qualify for a place in what you call "the afterlife", (heaven?...I have no belief in such an afterlife) I doubt that anyone who wants to shake their fist at God will even be present.

ok...I like debating with you , Deeje...you're very bright and kind.:)

But please, consider that after all that I've gone through, I cannot believe something so nonsensical like intelligent design or similar creationist stuff.

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes it is.....that is why Jesus came to give his life in order to make it all right. He bought back for us what our first parents threw away. Nothing that creates pain and suffering in this world is God's doing.

Then Jesus paid the price 2000 years ago? Yet you say this is a "godless world" and reject both science and education. God also gave us brains.. a talent we must NOT bury..

Matthew 25:14-21

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
ok...I like debating with you , Deeje...you're very bright and kind.:)

But please, consider that after all that I've gone through, I cannot believe something so nonsensical like intelligent design or similar creationist stuff.

It not about what you 'know'...its about what you 'believe'. We all have baggage from our upbringing and we can use that as an excuse to blame others (even God) for what we do ourselves in adulthood. But if we are past adolescence, then mature thinking should be able to get us past all our negative experiences and move on, minus the baggage. If we need professional help to do that then it is recommended. All we have is the present....the past should not make our present miserable, nor threaten our future happiness.

I see a Catholic upbringing as an incredible handicap for any believer. It is all so skewed that anything looks more feasible by comparison IMO. But sometimes all it takes is to get to know the God you think is responsible for all your troubles. In turns out, nothing could be further from the truth. God stepped back and simply allowed humans to make their own decisions and reap the consequences. Its what they wanted, so he gave them the freedom to see for themselves how bad they were at making good decisions.

I got to know him and it was the best thing I ever did. He is nothing like the church paints him.