• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians who oppose homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cheese

And slaves are with us to this very day. Some people labor for nothing, including children in some countries, so some "entrepreneur" can make his fortune. What did JESUS concerning the poor and why did HE say it?

As a good christian then, is it your duty to chain up soem dark skinned, or thin eyed personage, in the basement and have them do the vacuuming when you command?

slaves are slaves little nipper...
dont beat around the bush...
beat the slave, it IS what Jesus wanted afterall

LittleNipper

"The LAW was clear on men lying with men."

No, it was not. It use to be that they should be put to death, then it became an abomination, and now it is just a [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]detestable sin. If it was so clear why does it keep changing?[/FONT]

The reality is that JESUS has come and died for our sins, that whosoever believes on HIM shall not perish, but obtain the gift of eternal life. THAT changed everything. We no longer have a national theocratic government. CHRIST JESUS has moved us into the age of grace for a time.

LittleNipper

As a good christian then, is it your duty to chain up soem dark skinned, or thin eyed personage, in the basement and have them do the vacuuming when you command?

slaves are slaves little nipper...
dont beat around the bush...
beat the slave, it IS what Jesus wanted afterall

AS are homosexuals slaves to sex.

Jeremiah

The reality is that JESUS has come and died for our sins, that whosoever believes on HIM shall not perish, but obtain the gift of eternal life. THAT changed everything. We no longer have a national theocratic government. CHRIST JESUS has moved us into the age of grace for a time.

That has absolutely nothing to do with my question. If the law was so clear why does it keep changing?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Then tell them to give up having sex among themselves and they should obey ----- right?
Wrong again. They have no reason to deny their sexuality just because you tell them to. Doesn't mean they're enslaved by it. In fact, if they were to obey, it would mean they were enslaved by YOU.

So, you're the one advocating slavery.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And slaves are with us to this very day. Some people labor for nothing, including children in some countries, so some "entrepreneur" can make his fortune. What did JESUS concerning the poor and why did HE say it?
That they'll always be with us. ;)

He did talk about a number of general principles that can be equally used to both condemn slavery and support homosexuality, but since we're apparently interpreting them narrowly when it comes to homosexuality, I guess we can't interpret them broadly when it comes to slavery, can we?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am not meaning to make a generalization, but it seems that many Christians are against homosexuality simply because "the bible says we should." When asked why they do not think open-mindedly on the subject and come to their own conclusions on whether or not it's a sin (with God guiding them of course) they say "it is a sin to go against the bible and let in evil thoughts." From the bible, though, it says

[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Does this not mean that God WANTS you to be open-minded? If so, how can doing so be a sin?

That is a very good reason.

Obviously those people are sola scriptura but I am not.

I don't remember any such verse but it could be that you have it highly paraphrased. Is it an accident that you left out the reference?

No! It does not. It means that God wants us to have the mind of Christ.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Of course, and I am glad that they do. I was simply wondering why some do not believe they can do so (without sinning, as they say are).

Why do some people believe any of the ridiculous things that are believed?

the problem is which translation
which interpretation

as such the bible is horribly subjective as there is no definitive translation or understanding...

arguably of courser it would be worthless if there was a definitive interpretation
but literalists tend to miss that

I'm not sure whether to agree or disagree with the above. I agree in part and disagree in part.

"I haven't ever met a Bible-believer that says that it's a sin to question what the Bible says as true or not."

Ever hear of blasphemy?

Blasphemy and questioning are two separate things.

"The LAW was clear on men lying with men."

No, it was not. It use to be that they should be put to death, then it became an abomination, and now it is just a [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]detestable sin. If it was so clear why does it keep changing?[/FONT]

Umm...what? The Law (I'm assuming that by law you mean Torah) has always been clear. Homosexual sex is an abominable act that is punishable by death.

It hasn't changed at all.

tarasan

Do you feel the same way about people who eat shellfish?

"They (shellfish) shall be an abomination to you; you shall not eat their flesh, but you shall regard their carcasses as an abomination. Whatever in the water does not have fins or scales; that shall be an abomination to you." (Leviticus 11:11-12)

-S-

they were an abomination to the jewish people, but if you read the new testament it said that we were allowed to eat any kind of meat, this law was created to make the jewish people stand out and be separate from teh other countries around it, because they didnt have the holy spirit to make them unique.

while these kinds of laws where gotten rid of in the new testament, as Im sure you know,

homosexuality and other moral laws were not.

gnostic

The Lost One
little nipper said:
There is nothing wrong with questioning what the Bible has to say; however, the Christian is supposed to ask GOD through prayer to bring insight to HIS Word. And I have found that GOD does in fact bring insight and understanding to those really seeking it. If someone is just looking for an excuse to reject GOD's Word, they are not going to receive the answer they want...

If God provides insight and understanding as you say he do, then I wanted in writing, with bullet-points and fully annotated....signed and dated....and sealed with a stamp in his oh, so divine blood.

tarasan

Heterosexuals are Slaves to sex.(prove me wrong)
Tell them to give up sex and they should obey......right??

firstly I can prove you wrong cause there are orders of monks who practice celebacy!

but lets be frank we are all "slaves" to sex (appart from the celebates) so i dont see the reasoning to it.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
firstly I can prove you wrong cause there are orders of monks who practice celebacy!

but lets be frank we are all "slaves" to sex (appart from the celebates) so i dont see the reasoning to it.
No, we're not. We're normal, healthy adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.