• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians, which Old Testament Laws to obey, and which to ignore?

Israel12

No. I am not condoning sin. You misunderstand my position.

(1Cor. 6:9-11) - 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

(Gal.5:19-21) - 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

(Gal. 6:2) - ...so fulfil the law of Christ.

Thanks
Exactly my point, this is literally telling you to keep God's laws statutes and Commandments. Me raising up before the hoary head (Leviticus 19:32) is meekness, me not crossdressing (Deuteronomy 22:5) is me not being effeminate. Me not eating pork (Leviticus 11:7) is not being in idolatry and witchcraft, etc. So back to my original point, we must keep all God's laws

Hawkins

How were some O.T. laws dropped, and others kept?
A few Christians can be self-righteously judgemental about the lives, feelings, cultures, sexualities and beliefs of others.
Exactly what laws are within the New-Covenant, and which others 'repealed'?

OT as Law belongs to the Jews. Some of them are no longer laws but Christ's commands in NT. We Christians need to observe Christ commands and teaching with faith. In a nutshell, whatever said by Jesus as commands or teaching, we need to observe.

Israel12

OT as Law belongs to the Jews. Some of them are no longer laws but Christ's commands in NT. We Christians need to observe Christ commands and teaching with faith. In a nutshell, whatever said by Jesus as commands or teaching, we need to observe.
Okay so Christ told us to keep the 600 plus laws

Israel12

No He didn't. If you you have a version of Bible where Christ's words are highlighted in red, then you will know what to observe.
Matthew 4:4
[4]But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Christ says to live by every word that comes from God. The laws of the OT comes from God so yes Christ told us to obey those.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hello..... :)
OK, I see the above.
You will have noticed other posts where other Christians have offered very different ideas, ranging from 'No OT laws', to 'Paul's choices of OT laws', and on to Jesus insisting that (apart from sacrifice laws) every OT law should be kept.

So it can be difficult to gauge how Christians view other folk's actions, or how they live themselves. :)

TrueBeliever37

How were some O.T. laws dropped, and others kept?
A few Christians can be self-righteously judgemental about the lives, feelings, cultures, sexualities and beliefs of others.
Exactly what laws are within the New-Covenant, and which others 'repealed'?
Hi oldbadger,

Just study and obey what it says to do, and not to do, in the New Covenant and you should be good to go.

What does a deist believe?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I think I am giving an answer. Everything required of us is written in the new covenant.
That's passing the buck. You are telling us "The bible will answer your question." If we wanted to read the Bible, we could go and do that But we are here in this forum, talking to YOU, and we are asking YOU to give the answer.

Again, why won't you?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The story Old testimonials stated a story themed about scientists.

How they applied Sun Satanism to God O the Earth and stone and converted first original human form, what the spiritual human knows was an eternal being forced out of the eternal as cause and effect for having caused creation to exist. As a historic burnt/destroyed removed eternal mass.

The spiritual theme, I die as a human, I own an eternal life in spirit afterwards.

That story was spiritually taught by a human being male spiritual conscious self, as he was being life sacrificed. So detailed that as he died his image would be seen in the clouds, detailing that the Temple sciences had caused it. Not natural. Not natural burning by increased radiation conditions simply burns the gases, so of course it rains.

Rain however was natural to Earth. Earth previously was a cold clear gas, the old testimony said that they lit up the even balances, night time sky, darkness.

For you cannot discuss a conscious story unless you were living to witness it.

For night time sky burning is not actually science theory/machine built designed reaction. Which was based on a reactive beginning and end reaction historically.

When you activate an artificial state that never previously existed, machine, owned by humans who built machine, then you own another cause.

Natural is to rain...…...so historically it owns natural conditions. Night time sky gases are colder and clear, Day time gases are burning, hold and cold natural balances cause rain.

Burn/irradiate our atmosphere of course you would activate natural, then it would prove to be unnatural. For flooding activation means that the atmosphere was burnt by an increased amount of burning. Which Earth balances did not own.

Machines and radio radiation themes caused that situation,

Science has to use some common sense. If a human is living inside of a natural balanced atmosphere that supports healthy and a human life body that is proven should be balanced...meaning perfect beauty with perfect health. And you would not find that situation owned.

You would teach self, and say, we live imbalanced in an unnatural and artificial circumstance...and machine science is the cause.

To own a testimony is owned factually by the story teller told for the purpose of self explanation for human reasons. How not to harm self by the effects of changing natural order. Natural is that statement.

Old said that humans were once in a higher massed water body. Which today you would not own any personally expressed reasoning, for it was natural, owned and lived. How can you even think you could make comparisons today when change of everything had not been enacted....transformation through destruction says the scientist.

Humans have always known by the identification of the first 2 human being parents of everyone who owned first experience. To be once living in the eternal as a spirit, to be forced out of it, to manifest into a spiritual life body in a higher atmospheric history...so they did not own skeletons.

Yet pressure and the presence spirit allowed them to be nearly physical. You cannot idealize that situation today in science. The Old Testimonials stated that the stone of God was transformed by incoming UFO alienation of Earth, and self.

A portion of the spirit body became the body of bones....and life was lived differently, so was Time shifted actually as conscious awareness of natural history. How a consciousness would know how to shift mass from a higher state into a converted state. What the Old Testimonials discussed...never change the radiation/fusion of Earth or it will turn into a sea of sand.

'>Proverbs 27:3

A stone is heavy and the sand weighty,
But the provocation of a fool is heavier than both of them.

'>Isaiah 10:20-22

Now in that day the remnant of Israel, and those of the house of Jacob who have escaped, will never again rely on the one who struck them, but will truly rely on the Lord, the Holy One of Israel. A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.
For though your people, O Israel, may be like the sand of the sea,
Only a remnant within them will return;
A destruction is determined, overflowing with righteousness.

Self righteousness is actually a determined scientist evaluation of self. Who owns, lives and is supported by all states natural, natural history, all forms existing created with his theme about what does not exist created.

Which in actual use of human thinking makes no sense. If it does not exist created, then it is not present. Natural says present and also presence.

Every state that is past supports what exists present and owns presence.

Then you ask a scientist, how come you constantly theme about causing a reaction in the cosmos, space, as all themes and theories as a human living on Planet Earth?

Out of space as a natural body is nothing like your physical mass conversion of minerals out of a stone planetary mass. How can you not idealize what you keep claiming by science, as humans with a machine to react?

The Old Testimonials warned everyone. As the human DNA Genetic body returned and healed the presence of the Destroyer amongst us in human consciousness emerges and then falsifies information as a coercive reasoner.

About the gain of Prophets and messengers.

When they preach one life, one Earth O and it is a planet and our God?

The theme only accept One owned a purpose.

One meant what it did, natural.

A Prophet or a Messenger is what comes afterwards...and the coercion in science was that the Prophetic maths calculation for stone returning is a MOON mass.

As it was the origin Saviour of O planet one Earth and God O one planet.

By calculated cosmological theories.

The Messenger, a VISION of a spiritual male image in feed back is proof that science caused the Messenger, large bodies of stone/rocks to be returned to Earth by burning the paths of access for those bodies to traject straight onto Earth.

What was taught as RELATIVE.

TrueBeliever37

That's passing the buck. You are telling us "The bible will answer your question." If we wanted to read the Bible, we could go and do that But we are here in this forum, talking to YOU, and we are asking YOU to give the answer.

Again, why won't you?

So you mean you want someone to go thru all 613 of your commandments and tell you if each one is still wrong to do in the new covenant?

Do you still keep command #442?
What about #433?

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
So you mean you want someone to go thru all 613 of your commandments and tell you if each one is still wrong to do in the new covenant?

The Moses theme said the Ten commandments owned the writing of them after the Law of 20 and 20, 40 was changed in the FLOOD...as a theme I activated says the male scientist the conversion.

Which meant that a huge radiation mass was attacking/converting and mutating natural life whose origin historic basis natural and with water, as a bio life was mutating, in the irradiation conversion. So all natural cells and body ownership such as skeletons would have been converting in UFO radiation mass, and Earth water flooding of the ground as a contradiction.

How the strange human like skeletal remains were found in old civilizations using technology of trans MUTATION. Why that worded description about converting stone/rock mass was stated....it caused MUTATION for changing patterns and life ownership history in natural water mass.

Meaning 2020....why we live the virus today because you changed the Law of stone fusion again by the same conditions. SINK hole gain.

Life expectancy in ancient Egypt and Nubia was lower than in many modern populations. Whilst some ancient Egyptians undoubtedly enjoyed longevity, most were unlikely to live beyond about 40 years of age. This may seem young by today's standards, but it is important to view age within the context of a particular society. Thus, today people are shocked at the death of King Tutankhamun at the age of about 18 years, yet in his own society he was already 'mature' in terms of family and kingly responsibility.

BBC - History - Ancient History in depth: Health Hazards and Cures in Ancient Egypt

Science knowingly historically invented that life span.

Seeing science keeps claiming in the thoughts of the life of a human that they created and act as a Creator from the beginning. When everything owns only an END...self natural presence as the liar he is. Why the ancient biologist/healer medical sciences said he was life Destroyer.

TrueBeliever37

The Moses theme said the Ten commandments owned the writing of them after the Law of 20 and 20, 40 was changed in the FLOOD...as a theme I activated says the male scientist the conversion.

Which meant that a huge radiation mass was attacking/converting and mutating natural life whose origin historic basis natural and with water, as a bio life was mutating, in the irradiation conversion. So all natural cells and body ownership such as skeletons would have been converting in UFO radiation mass, and Earth water flooding of the ground as a contradiction.

How the strange human like skeletal remains were found in old civilizations using technology of trans MUTATION. Why that worded description about converting stone/rock mass was stated....it caused MUTATION for changing patterns and life ownership history in natural water mass.

Meaning 2020....why we live the virus today because you changed the Law of stone fusion again by the same conditions. SINK hole gain.

Life expectancy in ancient Egypt and Nubia was lower than in many modern populations. Whilst some ancient Egyptians undoubtedly enjoyed longevity, most were unlikely to live beyond about 40 years of age. This may seem young by today's standards, but it is important to view age within the context of a particular society. Thus, today people are shocked at the death of King Tutankhamun at the age of about 18 years, yet in his own society he was already 'mature' in terms of family and kingly responsibility.

BBC - History - Ancient History in depth: Health Hazards and Cures in Ancient Egypt

Science knowingly historically invented that life span.

Seeing science keeps claiming in the thoughts of the life of a human that they created and act as a Creator from the beginning. When everything owns only an END...self natural presence as the liar he is. Why the ancient biologist/healer medical sciences said he was life Destroyer.

What r u smokin dude?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Do you still keep command #442?
What about #433?
I think you can make some generalizations. For example, most Christians I know would say, "We do not need to keep the sacrificial laws." Etc. Or, if it's easier, just tell us what your criteria is for those of the 613 that you ARE to keep.

I must continue to state that this Christian notion that "We no longer have to keep these laws" is very odd, considering that non-Jews (which is 99% of the church) were NEVER required to keep these laws. "No longer" is just bad phrasing.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hi oldbadger,

Just study and obey what it says to do, and not to do, in the New Covenant and you should be good to go.

What does a deist believe?

Well, Christian viewpoints differ extensively upon this, as you can see from the posts.

So your advice is unclear, I'm afraid.

Deists? Deism does not have one belief for all Deists, so each of us is unique. I believe in a God of everything so vast that s/he is unaware of this tiny pinpoint of matter.

TrueBeliever37

Well, Christian viewpoints differ extensively upon this, as you can see from the posts.

So your advice is unclear, I'm afraid.

Deists? Deism does not have one belief for all Deists, so each of us is unique. I believe in a God of everything so vast that s/he is unaware of this tiny pinpoint of matter.

Sounds like you don't even believe the Bible is the word of God then. Is that correct?

TrueBeliever37

I think you can make some generalizations. For example, most Christians I know would say, "We do not need to keep the sacrificial laws." Etc. Or, if it's easier, just tell us what your criteria is for those of the 613 that you ARE to keep.

I must continue to state that this Christian notion that "We no longer have to keep these laws" is very odd, considering that non-Jews (which is 99% of the church) were NEVER required to keep these laws. "No longer" is just bad phrasing.

We are not under the law of Moses. We are under a new covenant.

That doesn't mean that certain things that were wrong then, still aren't wrong under the new covenant also. It is still wrong to lie, steal, murder, disrespect your parents, commit adultery, commit fornication, bear false witness, etc.
The criteria of what to do and not to do, is given in the writings of the new covenant.

Dietary laws have changed. A natural circumcision is not required. Also, how could Gentiles keep laws that pertained only to Jews? The Messiah is our passover. So those type laws have changed. We still keep the feast, but in a different way.

Many things in the old covenant were types/shadows of spiritual things in the new covenant. Many prophesies in the old covenant were fulfilled in a natural way, but then they are also fulfilled in a spiritual way in the new covenant.

You never did respond to my question about laws #433 and 442. Because if you don't keep all those laws aren't you guilty of breaking the law? Isn't there a curse on those who don't keep all the law?

Last edited: