• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians -- unconditional grace?

Baerly

Katzpur said:
Which version of the Bible do you use, Baerly? The KJV says that few will find the way which leads to life. I interpret that quite differently than you do.

Suppose you are charged with a brutal murder. For the sake of argument, let's assume you're innocent. The jury, however, convicts you. In your particular case, the judge has the choice of sentencing you to either life in prison to to give you the death penalty. He decides (for whatever reason) to not condemn you to death after all, but to prison with no chance of parole. As far as the victim's family is concerned, your punishment is nothing! You, on the other hand, knowing that you are innocent, see life in prison as a horrible punishment. You have been "saved" in a sense, because you will not be put to death, but in another sense, you have been "damned."

I think that the concept that few will "find life" is a little more complicated than the idea that few will "make it to heaven."

I use th K.J.V. but i like the A.S.V. I also like the New King James version.

From what I understand about our eternal resting place,we have two choices,Heaven or Hell. I get this info from (Mt 25:31-46). We are either a goat or a sheep. If you can give me B.C V. I will believe that. thanks, Baerly

Baerly

Katzpur,when the bible refers to Noah and the ark he built,it saysfew were saved. Here the word meant eight souls were saved. Many souls were on the earth at that time. This gives us some insight as to how many will be saved in the end.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Baerly said:
Katzpur,when the bible refers to Noah and the ark he built,it saysfew were saved. Here the word meant eight souls were saved. Many souls were on the earth at that time. This gives us some insight as to how many will be saved in the end.
I'll get back to you tomorrow on this, Baerly. I just cannot believe that a God that the scriptures describe as the epitome of love would condemn the vast majority of His own children to an eternity of suffering. I realize that's what you truly believe is the case, but it certainly doesn't figure into my theology!

writer

138 hi, It is my understanding that we are FREE from SIN according to (Rom.6:18) by obeying that form of doctrine (Rom.6:17) which is spoke of in (vss)3-6 of that same chapter.
Are u free from sin Baerly?

The bible does not teach we are free from law.
What kind of law Baerly?
"We are not under the law," Romans 6:15; 1 Cor 9:20. "Christ's the end of the law to everyone who believes," Rm 10:4.
There are different kinds of "laws."
For instance "the law of faith," 3:27. "The law of the Spirit of life," 8:2. "The law of sin and death," 8:2. The law in letters, 8:3-4; 7:22; 2 Cor 3:7, engraved in stone. The impotent law of good in our minds, eg 7:18. Self-imposed commandments and traditionns of men, Colossians 2:8, 18; Titus 1:14

If there is no law there is no sin.That would mean everyone would go to heaven.
Go to heaven?

(1John 3:4) says sin is transgression of the law,this means if there is sin,there must be a law that was broken.
That's sense

(Mt.7:14) teaches only a few will make it to heaven.
To the contrary: "narrow's the gate and constricted's the way that leads to life, and few are those who find it" talks of life. Eternal life. Not "heaven"

They will make it by doing the will of God (Mt.7:21).
"The kingdom of the heavens," 7:21, isn't heaven. It's the King. From heaven (cf Lk 7:21). And His resurrected, eternal, life. (cf Rm 14:17; Eph 4:18).
God's will's firstly for man to receive His life (Gen 2:9, 16; Jn 1:4, 12-13; 3:14-16; 10:10; 20:31; Rv 22:1-2, 14, 17.
Thanks Baerly

Baerly

Katzpur said:
I'll get back to you tomorrow on this, Baerly. I just cannot believe that a God that the scriptures describe as the epitome of love would condemn the vast majority of His own children to an eternity of suffering. I realize that's what you truly believe is the case, (but it certainly doesn't figure into my theology)!

Maybe it should. in love Baerly

Baerly

writer said:
138 hi, It is my understanding that we are FREE from SIN according to (Rom.6:18) by obeying that form of doctrine (Rom.6:17) which is spoke of in (vss)3-6 of that same chapter.
Are u free from sin Baerly?

The bible does not teach we are free from law.
What kind of law Baerly?
"We are not under the law," Romans 6:15; 1 Cor 9:20. "Christ's the end of the law to everyone who believes," Rm 10:4.
There are different kinds of "laws."
For instance "the law of faith," 3:27. "The law of the Spirit of life," 8:2. "The law of sin and death," 8:2. The law in letters, 8:3-4; 7:22; 2 Cor 3:7, engraved in stone. The impotent law of good in our minds, eg 7:18. Self-imposed commandments and traditionns of men, Colossians 2:8, 18; Titus 1:14

If there is no law there is no sin.That would mean everyone would go to heaven.
Go to heaven?

(1John 3:4) says sin is transgression of the law,this means if there is sin,there must be a law that was broken.
That's sense

(Mt.7:14) teaches only a few will make it to heaven.
To the contrary: "narrow's the gate and constricted's the way that leads to life, and few are those who find it" talks of life. Eternal life. Not "heaven"

They will make it by doing the will of God (Mt.7:21).
"The kingdom of the heavens," 7:21, isn't heaven. It's the King. From heaven (cf Lk 7:21). And His resurrected, eternal, life. (cf Rm 14:17; Eph 4:18).
God's will's firstly for man to receive His life (Gen 2:9, 16; Jn 1:4, 12-13; 3:14-16; 10:10; 20:31; Rv 22:1-2, 14, 17.
Thanks Baerly

My friend WRITER, I am always amazed at your "WRITER RHETORIC". The bible according to Writer and the Recovery Version Bible. I am truly concerned for you writer. How am I going to reach you with the gospel?
1.Yes,when I was baptized in water (Acts 8:37-39) I was (freed from all past sins) at that point according to (Acts 2:38 ; 22:16 ; 3:19).

This notion that were all freed from all sins we ever MIGHT commit in the future is heresy. Let me tell you a simple reason why. If we were freed from all future sins we would never have to repent after we become Christians,follow me? But notice after Simon became a Christian he sinned and was in jeopardy of loosing his soul. Peter told him to repent and pray to God for forgiveness (Acts 8:13-24). QUESTION: Why did Simon have to repent and pray, if all his future sins were already forgiven? What Simon done is called the second law of Pardon.It is how Christians rid themselves of sin according to the will of God (1John 1:9).That is what Simon done in (Acts 8:22ff)

2. Above you seem to have a problem with (Mt.7:14). My friend it is my understanding according to the bible that all souls will have life eternally somewhere. It is all a matter of location and quality of life. (Mt 25) tells us there are only two possiblities. We are either goats or sheep. The sheep will be with a loving heavenly father,the goats will be in a firey torment forever and ever. That is according to the oracles of God (The BIBLE) (1Peter 4:11) .

3. We are under New Testament LAW (Gal.6:2) (James 1:25) (2Peter 2:20-22). How many times does the word of God have to tell us something before we will believe it and tell others?(2Tim.2:2)

4. Heaven(S) in (Mt.7:21)? You must be reading that Recovery Version Bible again.Because the word of God says only Kingdom singular.There is only one kingdom (Mt.3:2 ; 16:19) (Col.1:13) (Rev.1:9) (Heb.12:28) ,there is only one King,he is Jesus Christ.

Your more than welcome my friend: Baerly-- Peace out

Baerly

Katzpur said:
I'll get back to you tomorrow on this, Baerly. I just cannot believe that a God that the scriptures describe as the epitome of love would condemn the vast majority of His own children to an eternity of suffering. I realize that's what you truly believe is the case, but it certainly doesn't figure into my theology!

What most people do not understand is that each individual places himself in either the category of the sheep or the goats. God does not make us go either way. It is all up to us who we follow,Satan or God. So let us not blame God for our mistakes.That is not taking resonsibility for our own actions . the bible says we will all be judged according to our deeds (Rom.2:6) (John 12:48) 0(2Cor.5:10) (Rev.14:13) .

Please notice what (Rom.6:16-18) says, we decide ourselves who we will serve by our actions,whether of sin unto death or,of obedience unto righteousness.(17) But God be thanked,that ye were the servants of sin,But ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered to you. (18) Being then made free from sin,ye became the servants of righteousness.

That form of doctrine they obeyed to become Christians (Rom.6:17) is found in the begining of (Romans 6:3-6). It was being baptized for the forgivness of their sins (Acts 22:16) (Acts 8:37-39) (Acts 2:38) (Gal.3:27).

The gospel is simple or I would not be able to understand it. - in love Baerly

writer

146 How am I going to reach you with the gospel?
I'm Christian. Try tellin me it

This notion that were all freed from all sins we ever MIGHT commit in the future is heresy. Let me tell you a simple reason why.
Pleze 1st tell me why you're tellin me

If we were freed from all future sins we would never have to repent after we become Christians,follow me?
No. It seems to me like you're suggestin i said Christians needn't repent

Simon...was in jeopardy of loosing his soul
To the contrary: he was in jeopardy of not losing his soul. "Whoever wants to save his soul shall lose it; but whoever loses his soul for My sake shall find it"

Why did Simon have to repent and pray, if all his future sins were already forgiven?
Cuz his past sin wuznt

how Christians rid themselves of sin according to the will of God (1John 1:9).That is what Simon done in (Acts 8:22ff)
"Lord, forgive me"

Above you seem to have a problem with (Mt.7:14).
What?

it is my understanding according to the bible that all souls will have life eternally somewhere.
You can be born of eternal life here

It is all a matter of location and quality of life.
What's life in Jn 11:25, Baerly?

(Mt 25) tells us there are only two possiblities. We are either goats or sheep.
25:31-46 refers to the "nations" alive when Christ returns

We are under New Testament LAW (Gal.6:2) (James 1:25) (2Peter 2:20-22).
James 1:25 refers to Moses' law

Heaven(S) in (Mt.7:21)? You must be reading that Recovery Version Bible again.Because the word of God says only Kingdom singular.
"Heavens" isn't the same word as "kingdom"

There is only one kingdom (Mt.3:2 ; 16:19) (Col.1:13) (Rev.1:9) (Heb.12:28) ,there is only one King,he is Jesus Christ.
Amen

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Apparently, heaven's going to be an awfully lonely place, from either viewpoint. If humanity was meant to live together...then what's the point in our existing eternally separated form each other? In this scenario, Satan gets Satan's way, instead of God's will being fulfilled.