• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians..."Trinity"?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I am a Christian, but I reject the trinity doctrine. I have been told on more than one occasion by other so-called Christians that I can NOT be a Christian unless I accept the doctrine of trinity. Do you believe this is an accurate/fair stance to take?

As a sidenote, someone said that the Trinity was an early belief, yet on many early chapels or schools in England, it says that this is for the 'Glory of the Father.'
What then the Trinity?
Personally I think that reality is more complex than we give it credit, as so then is also God, as that is what we are. So I have no problem with the Trinity even though I don't consider that that is the be all and end all, and consider also that the Father is God. Sounds contradicting I know, but reality is complex

Redemptionsong

If believers are filled with the Holy Spirit, and form the body of Christ on earth, it is only right that they should look to glorify the Father!
This is the Trinity!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
to the Israelite king it was said:

Psalm 45:6 God is your throne forever and ever; The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness. *7 You loved righteousness, and you hated wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.

'your God, has anointed you'

If this is applied to Jesus in the same way it was originally applied to the Israelite King, then how can it be said that Jesus God? Are we to conclude that the Isrealite King was also God in disguise?

You still don't get it. You can't look at Christianity through the lens of Judaism. You have to look at it through the Essenic and Nazarene belief systems if you are going to have any clue as to how to interpret the NT. Judaism isn't in the NT, Jesus didn't teach or ever believe the ideas presented in modern day Judaism, neither did the early followers /Essenes and others, difference even indicated by Yesu's title "The Nazarene". That isn't just /or even. possibly/, descriptor, it indicates that He believed differently from those He was rebuking. His followers who weren't in opposition at any point NEVER followed the Judaism you are comparing Christianity to, they had different forms of worship, dress, food laws, everything.

Your entire paradigm is wrong.

Last edited: