• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: "This car is covered by the blood of Jesus"

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That's like the ones that say, "Jesus is my co-pilot." Cheap drivel. First of all, it's a car, not an airplane -- no pilot or co-pilot necessary. Second, not sure I'd want Jesus as a "backseat driver." Third, not sure Jesus would know how to operate a motor vehicle, so having him as a driver would be pointless. The whole sentiment is maudlin and mawkish, and cheapens what we have always believed about Jesus and our relationship with Jesus.

Brother2

That's like the ones that say, "Jesus is my co-pilot." Cheap drivel. First of all, it's a car, not an airplane -- no pilot or co-pilot necessary. Second, not sure I'd want Jesus as a "backseat driver." Third, not sure Jesus would know how to operate a motor vehicle, so having him as a driver would be pointless. The whole sentiment is maudlin and mawkish, and cheapens what we have always believed about Jesus and our relationship with Jesus.

Um Ok...Pardon?...not sure I even get your meaning on that...I think our Lord, being God and having given Henry Ford the Knowledge of how to build the Horseless Carriage in the First Place would certainly know how to Drive a Car...(my opinion obviously).

Maudlin and mawkish...and cheapens the relationship with Jesus...How? Love you to explain that further my friend...:shrug::sorry1:

Shalom. May God bless all here. brother2.:)

Brother2

I am thinking that maybe the person with this on their car sees it as an alternative to liability insurance?

Ha Ha very good ah sorry cannot repeat your name. Actually No most Christians would take out Car and Liability Insurance...to treat your comment seriously...;)

I respect your right to be the 'enchanted one' and to serve the Lord Anubis...but I am afraid for you...um with respect and understanding...are you aware that your master is Lucifer the fallen archangel who was thrown out of heaven?:confused:

Shalom. May God bless all hear. brother2. :candle:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Why is everyone assuming that the driver was even a Christian? It could have been meant as a joke from someone who is anti-Christian. I mean, really, the first thing that popped in my mind upon reading the bumper sticker message was that the car hit Jesus like a deer in the road. I'd be looking for blood splatter on the headlights.

For that matter, are we sure Jesus wasn't, like, Jesus Rodriguez or something? That might be cause for alarm.

Just realized this is in same faith debates. But going to leave the post just to inject some humor.

Last edited:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
:sorry1: Enchanged One1975 er Staff:slap: er me getting the hit.

Satan I am afraid to say is not limited to the Christian religion friend...he get his mitts into every religion on Earth!:eek:

He says, 'I will be like God'....so beware and be so careful and investigate who you are Worshiping...I humbly say 'I know who you are worshiping'...having investigated very closely these 'thing's and I advise you as a friend and fellow Seeker...:thud:
Sorry you feel that way, but I believe you are mistaken. At any rate, this thread is not the place to debate it. If you wish to you may start a thread on the topic in the debate forum and I would be glad to reply to it.

Smoke

Done here.
I was imagining church members washing themselves in a fountain of blood.
Even knowing it wasn't mean literally, I always thought that was disgusting imagery -- not to mention unscriptural. ;)
There is a fountain filled with blood
drawn from Emmanuel's veins
And sinners plunged beneath that flood
lose all their guilty stains
I used to think, Seriously? This is what you want me to sing?

With regard to the OP, when I was a Christian I would have considered that bumper sticker blasphemous.

Smoke

Done here.
Well. Jesus is not, strictly speaking, a human.
According to all the traditional churches and most Protestant churches, that is a heretical statement.

But then, I'm not a transubstantiationist and I'm pretty sure most denominations aren't, so perhaps the blanket term "many Christians" is pushing the bar.
The majority of Christians are Roman Catholics, and many other Christians, like the Eastern Orthodox and the Lutherans, though rejecting the precise doctrine of transubstantiation, still believe in the real presence of the Body of Christ in the Eucharist.

Brother2

Sorry Staff I am :slap: again...as a Patient of mine in the NHS used to say...only thing he could say after a Stroke...and we loved him because we understood his Code language and he enjoyed it all...

'WRONG SIDE WRONG SIDE!!' :slap:

Shalom. May God bless all here. brother2:grill:stirring as usual...:slap:

Brother2

Wow Smoke I don't know how that would go down in the UK with our new anti hatred and anti discrimination Laws...ha ha but as you say it about yourself I suppose you may get away with it...I mentioned the war earlier and got away with it but...er Faulty Towers??:rolleyes:

'Lord Jesus was not strictly human' is a heretical statement...true enough, I think it is from Gnosticism actually, St Paul had trouble with it in his day...:cover:

'the real presence of the body of Christ in the Eucharist'? Ah 1 of the Heresies of Rome...maybe the Majority of Christians in that church...but the problem there is, is the Roman Catholic Church really Christian? (though many of the members are Christian of course!) And I Respect and love them as such and as human beings!!:camp:

Roman Church is made up of 1 Third Pagan. 1Third Jewish. 1Third Christian. That is.. In regard to their Doctrine.... I Repeat...I love and Respect all Roman Catholics including the papacy and the pope!! They disagree with me too by the way...:slap:

One has to continue to protest...:p

Shalom. May God bless all here. brother2:grill:terrible stirrer...

sojourner

Um Ok...Pardon?...not sure I even get your meaning on that...I think our Lord, being God and having given Henry Ford the Knowledge of how to build the Horseless Carriage in the First Place would certainly know how to Drive a Car...(my opinion obviously).

Maudlin and mawkish...and cheapens the relationship with Jesus...How? Love you to explain that further my friend...:shrug::sorry1:

Shalom. May God bless all here. brother2.:)
First, since driving a car is a strictly human endeavor, why would the man Jesus (the only person of the Trinity who would have use to drive a car) know how to operate something he'd never seen? The Divine Jesus would have no use to drive a car, so probably couldn't care less about its operation.

Second, Henry Ford didn't invent the horseless carriage. The Benz company in Germany had been around years before Ford built his first flivver.

Third, because folks who embrace this sentimentality don't have a problem with reducing the Divine Jesus to even caring about driving a car, one has to wonder just how shallow the wading-pool of their spirituality is? And just how far into that wading-pool they've tried to drag Jesus, who would rather be fishing for people on the sea than drinking Starbucks with his pants-legs rolled up.

Maudlin: "Foolishly and tearfully or weakly sentimental." Well, isn't "Jesus is my co-pilot such a weakly sentimental statement? The more so because that puts us in the driver's seat, not Jesus. If, as we claim, "Jesus is Lord," then somehow that doesn't translate to the front seat of the car, which, somehow tends to cheapen what we mean by "Lord," when we say that. If Jesus really is Lord, then why would you be driving?

mawkish: "Nauseating; sickening; having a sickly, insipid flavor." I can't think of anything more insipid (tasteless) than imagining Jesus as sitting next to one in a car, going to Wal-mart for toilet paper, wearing a fruity little sky cap pushed to the back of his head, and holding a map.

Certainly Jesus has more important things to take care of than sitting in the front seat of your car (because he's your co-pilot -- not our co-pilot), making sure you don't run off the road when tuning the radio to "All My Ex's Live in Texas."

Again, it's maudlin and mawkish, both definitions of which are intended to be descriptors of cheapness. To even reduce Jesus to the same kind of advertising as "s*** happens" is cheap.

sojourner

'the real presence of the body of Christ in the Eucharist'? Ah 1 of the Heresies of Rome
Bu definition, Rome cannot be heretical, because Rome is orthodox.
but the problem there is, is the Roman Catholic Church really Christian?
The real problem here is that you, as a Christian, are calling out Mother Church. This is the group that produced the Bible you hold in your hands. This is the group that literally saved Xy from extinction by the Romans. This is the group that solidified Xy into a cohesive group, dedicated to holding together the civilized human family when all was about to fall into anarchy. I think I'd be real careful before I went to bashing the hand that fed you.
And I Respect and love them as such
No you don't, for those members are the Catholic Church, whom you just blasted! [Hint: There is no distinction between the institution and her members; they are one and the same thing]
Roman Church is made up of 1 Third Pagan. 1Third Jewish. 1Third Christian. That is.. In regard to their Doctrine....
if they are, then we all are, for the whole Church is deeply rooted in those philosophies of Plato and Aristotle, as well as claiming Hebraic roots.
I love and Respect all Roman Catholics including the papacy and the pope!!
No you don't. You question what they have claimed that they are. That's not respect.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm going crazy reading these posts. Even though apparently they are written in English, they seem more like random phrases strung together.

Is it the wine I'm drinking, or is anyone else confused???