• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John1.12

Free gift
Testing is very good. I’d recommend it for everyone. That being said, I know folks whom have tested and reached different conclusions from each other, including myself. But still, listening to God and testing according to the Spirit is the#1 approach I would recommend.
By what standard did you test with ?

Jane.Doe

By what standard did you test with ?
Listening to God Himself, the source of all truth.
There's really no competition. Trust Joseph Smith or Jesus ..Its a no brainer for me .
Speaking as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints: I follow Christ. I actually get very annoyed with how much bashers want to talk about Joseph Smith and how little they want to talk about Christ and a person’s relationship with Him.

John1.12

Free gift
Listening to God Himself, the source of all truth.

Speaking as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints: I follow Christ. I actually get very annoyed with how much bashers want to talk about Joseph Smith and how little they want to talk about Christ and a person’s relationship with Him.
My point is simple and is easy to demonstrate fairly and respectfully . I genuinely mean what I said. Name any ' religious ' person in history that stepped forward with a truth claim supposedly from God and I.ll give you my reasons why I trust Jesus over anyone you would care to mention . There is no competition .

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
My point is simple and is easy to demonstrate fairly and respectfully . I genuinely mean what I said. Name any ' religious ' person in history that stepped forward with a truth claim supposedly from God and I.ll give you my reasons why I trust Jesus over anyone you would care to mention . There is no competition .
Yet you trust the scriptures which were not written by Jesus...

John1.12

Free gift
Yet you trust the scriptures which were not written by Jesus...
Why would that be the criteria ? Do you only trust and believe things only if authored by the person in question . Don't we trust eyewitnesses. Consider the bible. Written over 1500 years with over 40 different authors all converging together a historical narrative and events on a timeline of events.

John1.12

Free gift
The Bible doesn’t list authors except for Paul, who was not an eyewitness.
So we only have Paul's name in the entire bible? No other name is mentioned as the one writing...at all ? Just Paul ? No clues at all of any other named author..like not even one ?