• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians - Quote me a Bible Verse

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I drive a truck for a living so I use all kinds of public rest rooms all over the country. Along with the filth on the walls of the stalls, there are tons of references to bible verses. I have been wondering lately if the bible teaches people to vandalize other people's property or if this is something taught by individual denominations. I'd sure like to know because this is not the type of behavior that I learned when I was a Christian. I don't think it is right to maliciously damage another person's things. Especially when that person is letting you use their bathroom. So...please explain. How is this behavior justified?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
:D

Try saying that to some of the ones who do such things, and their response will be "Judge not lest ye be judged". Oh the irony. :D
Hmmm...yet if the same fool that writes on walls and rolls... well all that aside the same person would undoubtedly think I am the devil for wearing a pentacle.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Jesus (among others) taught they we are to treat people they way we want to be treated, so I don't think He would approve of destruction of personal property. Unless, of course, you like having people destroy your stuff.

Evee

Or like having people write all over you.
Maybe it's excusable because it's to spread the Word. Didn't Paul write that it was OK to use methods not entirely on the up-and-up to get people to accept Jesus? I'm sure I read that somewhere around RF...

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus (among others) taught they we are to treat people they way we want to be treated, so I don't think He would approve of destruction of personal property. Unless, of course, you like having people destroy your stuff.

I am glad someone talked to me about Jesus. It helped lead me to salvation. So what is more valuable to a person, his wall or his soul?