• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians only, please: Is the Prewrath position correct?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
In Revelation 6, the Day of the Lord occurs after the opening of the 6th Seal, and in Revelation 7:9, there is suddenly a multitude of believers, from out of the Great Tribulation. Matthew 24:22, talk about the days being cut short for the elect's sake, or no flesh would be saved. 2 Thess. talks about in verse 3, that the Day should not come, unless the falling away (Greek Apostosia), come first, and that man of sin, be revealed. Please watch, and tell me, your thoughts, and thank you!

David1967

Premium Member
@YeshuaBought I don't think so. Although the 'Pre Trib Rapture' thing was taught in the Baptist denomination that I grew up in, I just don't see much evidence either scriptural or historical to back it up. (Just so ya know, I hope I'm wrong about this.) Historically, it would be pretty hard to beat the persecution of the church in early Christendom. Not to mention the horrible things religious movements carrying the banner of Christianity have done to each other over the centuries since Christ. Such as the Inquisition, etc. The fact is, and this is easily researched, the Pre Trib Rapture thing is pretty recent history. Even one of our former Pastors that taught the Pre Trib thing had to admit when questioned that his opinion was "98% hope and 2% conviction.