• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians only: Pacifism is the Celestial Embodiment of Jesus Christ

MonkeyFire

Passive can make safety out of any of his gnostic traits, and makes his own non-transgressive happiness, and love. As well, hell, and dis-belief are tormented by their own misfortunes. The all mighty has no reason to fight.

MonkeyFire

Again theres no reason to fight if you have never suffered. Hell IS burning. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

atpollard

Jesus was not a pacifist, he was a non-violent activist.

Matthew 12:33-37
“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Matthew 23:13-36
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!
You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

John 2:13-17
When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”

So Jesus had no problem instigating confrontations over what was wrong, he simply refrained from physical attacks on people.
Have I misunderstood pacifism?

MonkeyFire

Passive you must, but non-violence you must suffer. God offers salvation. Come on up.

Last edited:

atpollard

Hate must suffer. Its self evident.
Suffering seems an inescapable consequence of being alive ... irrespective of love or hate.

A man spends decades with a festering anger contemplating how he has suffered some wrong and with one day get even ... he suffers for his hate.
A woman miscarries in the middle of the second trimester and weeps for her unborn child ... she suffers for love.

If you mean, God must punish (cause to suffer) those who hate, then that is simply not true. That is the point of Grace.

MonkeyFire

A woman miscarries in the middle of the second trimester and weeps for her unborn child ... she suffers for love.

There is a difference between salvation, and being saved. If your being saved your in danger, if your safe your in no danger. Love works in the same way.

Milton Platt

Passive can make safety out of any of his gnostic traits, and makes his own non-transgressive happiness, and love. As well, hell, and dis-belief are tormented by their own misfortunes. The all mighty has no reason to fight.

If that is the embodiment of Christ, then why did he say that he did not come to bring peace?

Mathew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword".

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If that is the embodiment of Christ, then why did he say that he did not come to bring peace?
Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword".

To me, Matthew chapter 10 is about family members Not accepting the teachings of Christ.
Because they do Not accept a relative becoming a Christian, that is what causes a lack of peace in the family.

True, Jesus changed things, such as Now one can eat pork, etc., and starting with Jesus, his followers would Not pick up arms against anyone - Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10
( we are Not talking about self defence. That is a different matter )
Because Christians do Not bear weapons against others is often why ' Caesar ' is against them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus was not a pacifist, he was a non-violent activist.
Matthew 12:33-37

“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matthew 23:13-36
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!
You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.
John 2:13-17
When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”
So Jesus had no problem instigating confrontations over what was wrong, he simply refrained from physical attacks on people.
Have I misunderstood pacifism?

To me, Jesus is ' Commander in Chief ' of angelic armies ( Hail to the Chief ) and is King (president) of God's Kingdom government, then Jesus is Not a non-violent activist because the executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
Jesus will wage ' righteous warfare ' ( Revelation 19:11 ) because No one innocent will be harm's way.

In the meantime, Jesus' followers lay down the sword ( weapons ) - Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10
Warrior Jesus with angelic forces will do the fighting. All we then need to do is heed the words of Isaiah 26:20 to hide oneself at the soon coming time of tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is a difference between salvation, and being saved. If your being saved your in danger, if your safe your in no danger. Love works in the same way.

To me, the one who endures to the end is saved as mentioned at Matthew 24:13
Either endure faithful until the end of one's life, or endure faithful until the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth takes place as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Passive you must, but non-violence you must suffer. God offers salvation. Come on up.

To me, since Jesus taught Christians Not to take up arms - Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10, then they can suffer at the hands of ' Caesar ' in Not going to war. As in the world wars protestants took up arms against fellow protestants living in another country, and so did Catholics at doing ' Caesar's ' bidding.
False clergy have even used the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents would sacrifice their young on the Altar of War as if it was the Altar of God. Teaching that the political agenda is Jesus' agenda. They, like some sort of holy ventriloquist, try to put words in Jesus' mouth that never came out of his mouth.

MonkeyFire

Mathew 10:34

Handy, he can kill all the people he's not have peace with? I take the bible with a grain of salt, and I still find utter Jesus.

MonkeyFire

To me, Jesus is ' Commander in Chief ' of angelic armies ( Hail to the Chief ) and is King (president) of God's Kingdom government, then Jesus is Not a non-violent activist because the executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
Jesus will wage ' righteous warfare ' ( Revelation 19:11 ) because No one innocent will be harm's way.

In the meantime, Jesus' followers lay down the sword ( weapons ) - Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10
Warrior Jesus with angelic forces will do the fighting. All we then need to do is heed the words of Isaiah 26:20 to hide oneself at the soon coming time of tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Non-violence masquerades as the Passive Christ. No is a traitor, just like Fear, you have the sword, and horror in one. Non-violence, needs the same No that creates Impassive which creates Violence. Pacifism is the palpable thing, non-violence is the double negative in hell of peace.

Non-violence is a paradox, it tries to be passive, but you can't say no to violence without hating it.

MonkeyFire

To me, the one who endures to the end is saved as mentioned at Matthew 24:13
Either endure faithful until the end of one's life, or endure faithful until the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth takes place as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37

The second your safe is the second it ends. You no longer need healing, or justice as their tempting natures, and you have been saved by in by by Salvation. Can you heal a angel?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The second your safe is the second it ends. You no longer need healing, or justice as their tempting natures, and you have been saved by in by by Salvation. Can you heal a angel?

What an interesting question ^ above ^ " Can you heal a angel ? "
Since Satan and his demons are ' fallen angels ' and Jesus destroys angelic Satan - Hebrews 2:14 B - then apparently such demonic angels are beyond healing.

Yes, saved ( rescued/delivered ) by Salvation because the one who endures to the end is: saved.
- Matthew 24:13

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Handy, he can kill all the people he's not have peace with? I take the bible with a grain of salt, and I still find utter Jesus.

Or, to me, could it be meaning all the people who are Not at peace with Jesus?
The devisive ' sword' of Matthew chapter 10 is caused by those who are against Jesus.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth are only against the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 18:14-16