• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians Only: Hitler the Anti-Christ?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Christians Only:

Was Adolf Hitler the anti-Christ?

Both men have made very bold marks on the popular consciousness

For instance they each have their own instantly recognisable symbol - not many people can claim that

I had originally typed out a very long and detailed OP about this

But have just deleted it

I think Hitler was the anti-Christ

There are many, many ways to approach this issue and I have chosen just one

From a purely functionalist perspective:

Jesus functions to inspire, promote and embody goodness and love

Hitler functions to inspire, promote and embody evil and hatred

And by "Jesus" and "Hitler" I mean the concepts of those two men as much as (if not more than) the reality of those two men

In my opinion they are clearly opposites, as archetypes they each serve opposing functions

Hitler is therefore the anti-Christ as he is the opposite to Jesus on a symbolic and functional level

Dogknox20

Eddi good to meet you...
To be anti-Christ you must have come out of the truth! Hitler was just a bad person doing the work of the Anti-Christ!
1 John 2:18
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us

This is scripture prophesy. 2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Think: Arius was a Christian; he was Among Christians; he was removed from Among Christians because he rejected what Christians believe!
He was a false teacher a heretic! Arius taught "Jesus is Not God!" He was an Anti-Christ as 1 John 2:19 (above) warns went out from us,
All who believe as Arius the false teacher are Not in The Way of Truth!
Marten Luther also another example he also rejected what Christians believe... He was Among us until he was rejected as a false teacher! He was removed as a heretic! He rejected "The Way of Truth!"

Eddi Jesus is Not a fool Jesus did not build his Church on sand... Martin Luther thought Jesus is a fool!
Matthew 7:26
But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
Eddi Jesus built on Rock his Church would never fail!

Eddi Jesus did not leave his One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church he established. He is always with his church to the end of time!
Matthew 28:20
Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. “And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.”
Luther thought: As if Satan had somehow overpowered Jesus and Satan took the body of Jesus from Jesus!

Faithofchristian

Christians Only:

Both men have made very bold marks on the popular consciousness

For instance they each have their own instantly recognisable symbol - not many people can claim that

I had originally typed out a very long and detailed OP about this

But have just deleted it

I think Hitler was the anti-Christ

There are many, many ways to approach this issue and I have chosen just one

From a purely functionalist perspective:

Jesus functions to inspire, promote and embody goodness and love

Hitler functions to inspire, promote and embody evil and hatred

And by "Jesus" and "Hitler" I mean the concepts of those two men as much as (if not more than) the reality of those two men

In my opinion they are clearly opposites, as archetypes they each serve opposing functions

Hitler is therefore the anti-Christ as he is the opposite to Jesus on a symbolic and functional level
Christians are not taught in the churches.. anything that is need full
When it comes to the Antichrist Christians far reach out into the world and pick and chose who they think would be good candidate for the Antichrist..
But what Christians don't know nor realize is..that the Antichrist is not of flesh and blood as we are.
That's the first mistake Christians make..
Throughout God's word had Christians paid attention to God's word...it's clear evidence who the real Antichrist is.
The question is..
Who is God's greatest
adversary ??
Who is it that rebelled against God.back in the first earth age.
That lead a third of the angels in heaven to rebellion against God.
Find out who that is.
Then you will know who the real Antichrist is.

AdamjEdgar

I think that its a lot more complicated than that. Whilst there are many instruments of evil in this world, the antichrist is one who has far greater influence than Hitler (who essentially only convinced large numbers of individuals mostly within his own country he did not convince the rest of the world of his delusion)

When we read about the antichrist in Revelation, i think one has to think back to similar biblical events...the most notable being where it all started, the deception of Eve in the Garden of Eden. Satan masqueraided in the serpent, remembering that in those days according to the biblical clalm, serpents were very beatiful and intelligent creatures...so Eve was obviously drawn to it.

the antichrist i would say is a similar instrument to the serpent in the garden of eden. It is one who appears to be christ, or christlike, or a promoter of Christian methods, however, mixed in with that cloak is a counterfeit that promotes anti God statements on a world wide scale. Most notably when it comes to Gods laws. Revelation 14:12 says that the patience of the saints are those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus (two things required for identifying those who are saved). The antichrist is going to try to argue changes to one or both of those identifying characteristics of the saved.

The bible says that vast numbers around the world will be deceived by the antichrist, not just a single country.

I think that in order to figure out who the antichrist is, that beatiful Garden of Eden like serpent Satan has cloaked himself within, might need to search for a resource that has far wider influence than single individuals...its likely a philosophical entity and a large one at that which appears to be Christ like in its endeavours, but when scrutinised, is clearly promoting ideas that are directly in conflict with what God has said.

Remember what the serpent said to Eve in response to her claim that "in the day we eat of the fruit of that tree, we will surely die"? No you wont die, instead you will become like God knowing good and evil!

As much as it may not be accepted to say this, the antichrist is likely one of, if not the largest philosophical organisation in the world...a religious one at that (given its Christ like according to the bible prophecies) who has sort to make changes to Gods laws and testimony of Christ!

Last edited:
There are three (or perhaps four) figures in the book of revelation that could be considered to belong to the antichrist. The first horseman, the beast, the false prophet, and Gog (with his nation Magog) The first horseman kicks off the apocalypse. It's not clear that he is a different figure than the three that come. Perhaps it was Mohammed (a leader who is given a crown), but perhaps not. The beast and the false prophet are identified as Nero, whose wicked deeds against Christians made him infamous. His defeat hails the inauguration of the Milennial Kingdom. Gog might be Hitler. In the end times, a leader comes who leads a revolt against the Milennial kingdom following Satan who is released from prison. This closely matches the deeds of Hitler. The revolt is put down when fire rains from heaven down those who assault Jerusalem, which Hitler perhaps cleverly avoided, or was it the devils within them that went on to attempt to assault Jerusalem? The fire bombings of Dresden and other German cities are reminiscent of fire raining down from heaven.

meshak2

Christians Only:

He is certainly part of it.

This world is antichrist.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

So we better come out of all worldly things.

the first thing that comes to mind is politics.

Tinkerpeach

Absolutely not.

The Bible is very clear that the anti-christ will bring peace to the world.

Hitler did not do that.

He will also take control of the worlds economy which Hitler did not do.

He will also be mortally wounded, probably by an assassination attempt but survive. Hitler wasn't seriously wounded in the attempt against him.

Everyone will also be required to have a mark, whatever it is, to buy and sell goods which is a place we haven't reached yet.

Believe me, when the anti-christ arrives you will have no doubt about who he is.

Billions will follow him, nations will bow to him, he will essentially be given control over the world. This is when Satan makes his stand against God again and which will lead to the returning of Jesus who will defeat him.

meshak2

Absolutely not.

The Bible is very clear that the anti-christ will bring peace to the world.

Hitler did not do that.

He will also take control of the worlds economy which Hitler did not do.

He will also be mortally wounded, probably by an assassination attempt but survive. Hitler wasn't seriously wounded in the attempt against him.

Everyone will also be required to have a mark, whatever it is, to buy and sell goods which is a place we haven't reached yet.

Believe me, when the anti-christ arrives you will have no doubt about who he is.

Billions will follow him, nations will bow to him, he will essentially be given control over the world. This is when Satan makes his stand against God again and which will lead to the returning of Jesus who will defeat him.

anti-Christ is not just one thing.

Everything that is against God's kingdom is antichrist.

Scommstech

I can't see how one person could do it. Hitler for all his faults was loved by the average German person who was a church goer and believed in God. Had Hitler succeeded Germany would have eventually ruled the world. Would that have made him an "anti Christ"?. As it was he was stopped by "goodly" people, so no anti Christ their either.
I can't envisage what an anti Christ really is. All the tyrants in history have had some social responsibility to their followers which made others follow. Just because their Gods do not have halos does not mean they are less of a deity to them
Is the notion of an anti Christ some notion designed to frighten us into sticking to social laws designed by however is in power?.

John D. Brey

I can't see how one person could do it. Hitler for all his faults was loved by the average German person who was a church goer and believed in God. Had Hitler succeeded Germany would have eventually ruled the world. Would that have made him an "anti Christ"?. As it was he was stopped by "goodly" people, so no anti Christ their either.
I can't envisage what an anti Christ really is. All the tyrants in history have had some social responsibility to their followers which made others follow. Just because their Gods do not have halos does not mean they are less of a deity to them
Is the notion of an anti Christ some notion designed to frighten us into sticking to social laws designed by however is in power?.

The term "anti-Christ" is often misunderstood. The anti-Christ isn't "against Christ." He believes he is Christ.

The anti-Christ will present the world, believers too, with a serious problem. How do you know a man is God? Jews are aware of the problem. And its why they rejected Jesus' claim to be God. But in the future, the question, how do we know this person is God, or Christ, will be renewed.

Believe it or not, there's going to be a DNA test to test the anti-Christ's claim to being Christ. But that's nothing. The eerie thing is not the test taking place; it's that he's going to pass the test. Serious bible-totters will know this claim is biblical.

John

Last edited: