• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians Only: Getting kicked out of Heaven.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Thread intended for the general Bible believer.
After reading Revelations 20, I have come to the conclusion that one can be kicked out of Heaven. I am not confident in this conclusion, so I’ll frame my reasoning and ask for your thoughts!
First, two cases that may set a precedent. Adam and Eve were essentially in Heaven, essentially living in heavenly bodies, with pure spirits. They were capable of sin, however, and that’s what they did. As a result they were kicked out of Eden. Second precedent, the angels of Genesis 6. They were chilling in Heaven, saw some pretty ladies, and fell on down. It was through this sin that they left Heaven. Though they did leave of their own free will, Enoch records that the fallen angels went to the prophet Enoch, in an attempt to gain forgiveness from God. They ask Enoch to be their mediator to God, asking him to ask God to forgive them. In a dream vision, God tells Enoch “NOPE! They’re done for eternity. Since they saw me and Heaven firsthand, and still left, they got no excuse.” (paraphrase of course)
So now on to Revelations 20. My understanding is, after Armageddon, Christ rules the Earth for 1000 years. Some of us, but not all of us, are gonna be here in this utopic Earth. Those who survive the tribulation period will be here. New kids will be born in this period too. At the end of this 1000 years, Satan will be up to his deceptions, and will be able to convince some people of Earth 2.0 to rebel against God. Then after this, the Final Day of Judgement will happen in which all souls are judged, and evil is vanquished for eternity.
So my perhaps unfounded worry is, like what if I do alright in this life. Then I die, and then next thing I know I made it into Christ’s millennial kingdom. What if I get all the way there, then I end up rebelling while in Heaven, sealing eternal doom for me.
Is that a reasonable worry? Do you suppose we can get kicked out of Heaven once we make it in? Perhaps just the millennial kingdom? I don’t know, I was looking into the Jehovah Witness theology earlier, and I was fond of their stance on Revelation 20, though not so agreeable to the belief that they have a monopoly on that 144,000.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Very interesting, and thoughtful.
I'll answer in a very brief way. If you need more, please feel free to ask.

No. Those who go to heaven will never face eviction. The reason is simple. They have been tested to the limit, and proven worthy of immortality, which God gives them after their faithful course to death.

They have taken God's side, facing death to stand on his side on the issue of universal sovereignty. Thus they are like Christ - wholly commited, and in full agreement that God is sovereign and all his ways are just, and right.
(Luke 22:28, 29) 28 “However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom. . .

(Revelation 14:1-5) 1 Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. 2 I heard a sound coming out of heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was like singers who accompany themselves by playing on their harps. 3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth. 4 These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins. These are the ones who keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes. These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb, 5 and no deceit was found in their mouths; they are without blemish.

As for the angels who did not deviate, any who would after seeing Jehovah's sovereignty - his right to rule - vindicated, they would have to be loco - have a few screws loose :) to want to go against God. They won't, because they have demonstrated that they support his right to rule.

The same applies to those who make it through the great tribulation, and live on a paradise earth. They too, will never deviate. They had the opportunity to do so, during their time in Satan's corrupt world. They chose to go the opposite direction, in the face of intense hatred, opposition, ridicule, etc.
They also chose God as sovereign.

The time God allows, is to mark those who will gain life. (Ezekiel 9:2-6) Those who are not complete, won't make it.
I said, brief, but I somehow tend to get carried away. :(

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Very interesting, and thoughtful.
I'll answer in a very brief way. If you need more, please feel free to ask.

No. Those who go to heaven will never face eviction. The reason is simple. They have been tested to the limit, and proven worthy of immortality, which God gives them after their faithful course to death.

They have taken God's side, facing death to stand on his side on the issue of universal sovereignty. Thus they are like Christ - wholly commited, and in full agreement that God is sovereign and all his ways are just, and right.
(Luke 22:28, 29) 28 “However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom. . .

(Revelation 14:1-5) 1 Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. 2 I heard a sound coming out of heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was like singers who accompany themselves by playing on their harps. 3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth. 4 These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins. These are the ones who keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes. These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb, 5 and no deceit was found in their mouths; they are without blemish.

As for the angels who did not deviate, any who would after seeing Jehovah's sovereignty - his right to rule - vindicated, they would have to be loco - have a few screws loose :) to want to go against God. They won't, because they have demonstrated that they support his right to rule.

The same applies to those who make it through the great tribulation, and live on a paradise earth. They too, will never deviate. They had the opportunity to do so, during their time in Satan's corrupt world. They chose to go the opposite direction, in the face of intense hatred, opposition, ridicule, etc.
They also chose God as sovereign.

The time God allows, is to mark those who will gain life. (Ezekiel 9:2-6) Those who are not complete, won't make it.
I said, brief, but I somehow tend to get carried away. :(

(Snagged from the Jehovah witness Wikipedia article)
After Armageddon, God will extend his heavenly kingdom to include earth, which will be transformed into a paradise similar to the Garden of Eden.[214] Most of those who had died before God's intervention will gradually be resurrected during the thousand year "judgment day". This judgment will be based on their actions after resurrection rather than past deeds. At the end of the thousand years, Christ will hand all authority back to God. Then a final test will take place when Satan is released to mislead perfect mankind. Those who fail will be destroyed, along with Satan and his demons. The end result will be a fully tested, glorified human race on earth

though I don’t necessarily agree with Jehovah Witness ideology, this line of thinking causes me to think. I suppose I don’t have much else to say other than this makes sense to me too, I’ll have to read more and think on it. Thanks for the reply!

nPeace

Veteran Member
(Snagged from the Jehovah witness Wikipedia article)
After Armageddon, God will extend his heavenly kingdom to include earth, which will be transformed into a paradise similar to the Garden of Eden.[214] Most of those who had died before God's intervention will gradually be resurrected during the thousand year "judgment day". This judgment will be based on their actions after resurrection rather than past deeds. At the end of the thousand years, Christ will hand all authority back to God. Then a final test will take place when Satan is released to mislead perfect mankind. Those who fail will be destroyed, along with Satan and his demons. The end result will be a fully tested, glorified human race on earth

though I don’t necessarily agree with Jehovah Witness ideology, this line of thinking causes me to think. I suppose I don’t have much else to say other than this makes sense to me too, I’ll have to read more and think on it. Thanks for the reply!
That's okay. I don't mind adding a few details for clarity.
After the thousand years, of Satan and his demons inactive, mankind will have had ample time to be complete.
Obviously, some in that vast resurrected crowd will lack real appreciation, and of couse God knows this. Hence Satan is loosed at the end of the thousand years (fair amount of time).
Many therefore will not act wisely, and will rebel - joining Satan in his imminent march to eternal death - the final death... literally the second death for them.

After that, death will be no more, because everyone living then will have exquisite delight in the abundance of peace (Psalms 37:11) under God's spirit... forever.