• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians lead people away from Christianity

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm not saying that all or most Christians do this, but I love going to the Capitol building. It's on a hill so we call it capitol hill, and I feel the presence of many spirits there and there are articles and people irl that say it is haunted. It is like a Temple for me just better, where I go to burn incense and pray to the "Capitol Hill Queens" (and Kings lol), and all those enshrined there. The Capitol building is even modeled after Saint Peter's Basilica here and the dome is identical and second largest in the world.

I love going there but almost always there is some guy reading the Bible really loud on the balcony where everything echoes loudly. He is obnoxious and doing no good. People like him make people more disgusted than anything.

I remember a guy standing up in a crowded market and screeching about Jesus burning people for thousands of years, and the wrath of God.

People like that will only win converts who have hearts of stone, and anyone with a heart of gold would simply be disgusted. They represent God, so were I God and those are my followers trying to save everyone from hell by yelling Scripture verses in public, and condemning everyone, I would be far more offended by them than unbelievers.

If souls are lost, it is Christians like this that damage more souls than atheists on average!

They just make me sick. They aren't accomplishing a thing. Then when they are persecuted, they think they are martyrs or something. I wish God would keep his imbecilic flock in line. I'm certainly full of flaws, but I look at them and feel grateful that I don't have their problems. The world would be better off without such people.

What's your thoughts?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
As they sometimes say, the only bad publicity is no publicity. Even bad publicity still gets the idea planted in others minds. It forces itself into cultural dialogues and discourse. The best way to kill a culture and/or its ideas is with silence and censorship. Cultivating awareness, positive or negative, prevents that from happening. It is not an accomplishment to be underestimated.

Personally, when I've encountered people like that - and it's only been once when I was doing a service trip in the south many years ago - they represent themselves and only themselves. I don't see them as speaking for Christianity, much less all Christians. The fact that I have hardly ever encountered such people to me is a testimony to their abnormality and infrequency - and a testimony to the fact that the overwhelming majority of people (Christians or otherwise) are not that obnoxiously aggressive with spreading their ideas.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not saying that all or most Christians do this, but I love going to the Capitol building. It's on a hill so we call it capitol hill, and I feel the presence of many spirits there and there are articles and people irl that say it is haunted. It is like a Temple for me just better, where I go to burn incense and pray to the "Capitol Hill Queens" (and Kings lol), and all those enshrined there. The Capitol building is even modeled after Saint Peter's Basilica here and the dome is identical and second largest in the world.

I love going there but almost always there is some guy reading the Bible really loud on the balcony where everything echoes loudly. He is obnoxious and doing no good. People like him make people more disgusted than anything.

I remember a guy standing up in a crowded market and screeching about Jesus burning people for thousands of years, and the wrath of God.

People like that will only win converts who have hearts of stone, and anyone with a heart of gold would simply be disgusted. They represent God, so were I God and those are my followers trying to save everyone from hell by yelling Scripture verses in public, and condemning everyone, I would be far more offended by them than unbelievers.

If souls are lost, it is Christians like this that damage more souls than atheists on average!

They just make me sick. They aren't accomplishing a thing. Then when they are persecuted, they think they are martyrs or something. I wish God would keep his imbecilic flock in line. I'm certainly full of flaws, but I look at them and feel grateful that I don't have their problems. The world would be better off without such people.

What's your thoughts?
I think that as wrong as that might be, one has to be careful because then one can ask oneself... "Am I leading Christians away from Christianity by what I do on the internet?"

A good rule to go by, "Those who gives mercy receives mercy".

And on a thought, I think it would be real cool to hear my voice echoing at a Basilica style location :) Or saying "Here ye, Here ye, all stand for the Judge". :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think that as wrong as that might be, one has to be careful because then one can ask oneself... "Am I leading Christians away from Christianity by what I do on the internet?"

A good rule to go by, "Those who gives mercy receives mercy".

And on a thought, I think it would be real cool to hear my voice echoing at a Basilica style location :) Or saying "Here ye, Here ye, all stand for the Judge". :D
I don't try to lead Christians away from Christianity the way it looks.

I tried to lead them away from believing the Bible is the only Authority for getting to know God.

Nothing in the Bible says that it's the final Authority.

the first Christians were not Bible Christians. They were mostly illiterate and didn't have a Bible.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"Christians lead people away from Christianity"

The same can be said about all faiths.
It's the Christians that I see telling other people that they're going to hell for not accepting Jesus.

I've never seen one Hindu or Buddhist publicly telling people they had to believe their system of religion.

plus, so many Christians these days believe that the Bible is the only way and final Authority.

The first Christians did not preach that.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What's your thoughts?
Christians are like belly buttons.

There's an outie and then there's an innie.

Proselytizing, evangelizing, Elvis on the soapbox. Equates to outie Christians.

Meditation, personal reflection, exemplifying in silence. I would equate that with innie Christians.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This is what our capitol looks like:
mn-capitol1.jpg

This is the largest Church in the world:
Petersdom_von_Engelsburg_gesehen.jpg

The former was modeled after the latter.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
"Christians lead people away from Christianity"
And for most other religions, it was said,
except for atheism, no take away there, is there ?
Except for concurrent educational influences.
Ohhh...maybe there is problem there after all !

Cooky

Veteran Member

What's your thoughts?

I agree. I also agree with you on the bible. I said something along those lines once to some Chrisrians, after they started vomiting all over my faith and began claiming that scripture is everything.

...I no longer consider myself Christian, because I quickly realized how many of them literally *hate* Catholicism. I'm just Catholic now, not Christian, and I've never felt better. :)

Kenny

Premium Member
I don't try to lead Christians away from Christianity the way it looks.

I tried to lead them away from believing the Bible is the only Authority for getting to know God.

Nothing in the Bible says that it's the final Authority.

the first Christians were not Bible Christians. They were mostly illiterate and didn't have a Bible.
I don't know... "I hate God" doesn't sound like you are trying to keep Christians.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't know... "I hate God" doesn't sound like you are trying to keep Christians.
sometimes I love God, other times I hate some of the things he does, when I see so much misery a confusion... I also spend more time worshipping God than I do anything else... It goes both ways.

I don't think I shook the faith of any Christians here

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Really?! I believe you, but we'd probably disagree on what they actually are.

Take care.
I was hoping at least some of them were beautiful female entities from heaven. sounds like you're thinking they're from somewhere further south where it's hot?

but I know from at least one experience that the devil can come to us in the form of a beautiful woman.... So who knows?

Kenny

Premium Member
sometimes I love God, other times I hate some of the things he does, when I see so much misery a confusion... I also spend more time worshipping God than I do anything else... It goes both ways.

I don't think I shook the faith of any Christians here

I'm just saying... don't be hard on people -- give mercy and receive mercy. Jesus proclaimed loudly too and people didn't like it either. But some did.

It is possible they shouldn't do it but, hey, a lot of people do things they shouldn't and need forgiveness too.

Jim

Nets of Wonder

What's your thoughts?
I’m sorry. :(

james dixon

Premium Member

So you love going there knowing you will hate it once you get there.
I have four (4) suggestions--
(1) wear ear plugs
(2) go to the nearest bar between 10:00PM-2:00AM where you will find similarly minded people
(3) pick up any trash you might see while your at the Capital
(4) all of the above
just suggestions
:)-