• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians launch defence of faith 'under attack'

waitasec

Veteran Member
why are they complaining? the last shall be first and the first shall be last...
so, where is their faith?
it's easy, just pray right?
:sarcastic

The Neo Nerd

So let me get this straight.

They are having a ***** session because they have lost their privileged position in society?

My heart bleeds.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They feel "attacked" because the power, influence and relevance that they once enjoyed and still feel entitled to is fading away with time.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
the end is nigh and its the last stand lol

'She has fallen, Babylon the Great has fallen'... if they knew scripture they'd know that prophecy is being fulfilled which should strengthen their faith

blackout

Violet.
The article didn't address what the general rules were for jewelery wearing.

Can nurses not wear ANY jewelery?

Or only jewelery with symbols that other people understand.
(or think they understand)

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
There seems to me to be an anti-religious sentiment which is manifest in things like hijab and cross wearing bans.
I think people should be allowed wear or believe whatever they want. The authorities should stay out of it.

blackout

Violet.

Thanks.

Compromises rejected
The NHS trust's uniform and dress code prohibits front-line staff from wearing any type of necklace in case patients try to grab them.
It offered Mrs Chaplin the compromise of wearing her cross pinned inside a uniform lapel or pocket, but she said being asked to hide her faith was "disrespectful".
She said the hospital had rejected any of the compromises she had suggested, such as wearing a shorter chain.
Mrs Chaplin, who is scheduled to return to work on Wednesday, said she would continue to wear her crucifix on duty.

She's a nutcase.
It's not a "crucifix ban".
It's a "grabbable jewelery" ban.

She should just get a damned tattoo then if it's that important to her.

People are NOT creative.

Youtellme

Thanks.

She's a nutcase.
It's not a "crucifix ban".
It's a "grabbable jewelery" ban.

She should just get a damned tattoo then if it's that important to her.

People are NOT creative.
I think if she was a Muslim and wore somethnig religious, people wouldn't say anything...

blackout

Violet.
I think if she was a Muslim and wore somethnig religious, people wouldn't say anything...

Aparantely even a Muslim nurse wouldn't get away with a necklace.
I can see that as a possible health care hazard.

You lean over to assist someone in bed,
and your jewelery pokes them in the eye.

(is just the first thing that comes to mind)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
There seems to me to be an anti-religious sentiment which is manifest in things like hijab and cross wearing bans.
I think people should be allowed wear or believe whatever they want. The authorities should stay out of it.

you cant have a truly secular society if people are wearing religious paraphernalia and praying in public

Looncall

A carving of someone being tortured to death is a pretty grisly thing to flaunt in public. What effect might it have on a young child that saw it?

I remember when my daughter had to be treated in a catholic hospital. Those nasty images upset her a good deal.

blackout

Violet.
A carving of someone being tortured to death is a pretty grisly thing to flaunt in public. What effect might it have on a young child that saw it?

I remember when my daughter had to be treated in a catholic hospital. Those nasty images upset her a good deal.

I dunno. As a nurse in a childrens' ward... maybe...
Big crucifixes on the walls, to an outsider. :shrug:
But honestly, if it's a Catholic Hospital,
what would you expect?

What of television and video games and movies,
even the Halloween season,
they all flaunt FAR more grisly images at kids
day in and day out.
Should we 'ban' all of these?
Because a child might be frightened by them?

How hypersensitive can your kids be to grizly nasty images
in the world we live in?
Most crucifix necklaces are all pretty in silver and gold anyway.
Not so bloody and gory.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I don't see why.
Would you mind explaining your view to me?

i was being cynical

For me, i dont care what people want to wear and i dont have a problem with religion in society.... in fact i think we need more of it

But it seems that the worlds push for secularism is driving the discrimination against religious expression...thats what im getting at.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

i agree with you there

i hate the image of the cross...I think its highly inappropriate that people choose to wear the murder weapon as an object of devotion.

blackout

Violet.
i agree with you there

i hate the image of the cross...I think its highly inappropriate that people choose to wear the murder weapon as an object of devotion.

Whatever. It's their thing.

I'm sure we all have bigger things to concern ourSelves with. no?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
i was being cynical

For me, i dont care what people want to wear and i dont have a problem with religion in society.... in fact i think we need more of it

But it seems that the worlds push for secularism is driving the discrimination against religious expression...thats what im getting at.

Humans always go from one extreme to another. With a religious majority you have discrimination against non-religious expression and vice a versa. I wish we could just be peaceful and balanced. But apparently that isn't in our nature.