• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Joint heirs with jesus - what does it mean?

blackout

Violet.
That's what allows the argument to start in the first place: The erroneous assumption that inheritance is personal and not communal. It's not individual people that inherit -- it's the human race that inherits.

How can it not be both? Individual & communal?

...sure, we have 'inherited' co-creatorship.
(if we are brave enough to embrace it in the NOW--
if not when? :shrug:)
So in that sense our inheritance is the same.
But what we make of it? Manifest from out of it?...Totally individual.

blackout

Violet.
Well...God did become one of us (human), not one of them (not-human).

If the kingdom has come near, then it is today that matters, not the sweet bye-and-bye. It is useful to us to join the community of believers, if for no other reason than the support we receive, the kinship we share, and the opportunity to serve today. As part of the community, we can start spending that inheritance right now.

Earned??? what in the world does grace have to do with stuff we earn? Grace has to do with what God does in us.

Us ...us... us.. us ... us .. us ..us ..us and Them... them... them... them... them.. them.. them... them..... ;)

Not that you'll necessarily care sojourner....
but I find many of your "takes" (understandings/outlooks/attitudes)
on christianity.... as a christian... refreshing. (and hopeful)
At least things I've seen in this thread.
(hope that didn't discredit you with all the other christians on the board):foot: :sorry1:

PS... I don't know if we "earn" stuff... but sometimes we certainly do work hard for a thing...
to master it.... be artful with it... whatever. I see nothing wrong with that.
"Grace" also has to do with what WE DO 'IN gOd'... and how "gracefully" (with how much fine-esse) we do it. :D

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Which brings me to my next point.

Will any 'brother' inherit, that would fight about the inheritance with another brother?

Hmmmm.....:cover:

I have a brother who has inherited almost all of my parents property. I get some money. It isn't an equal inheritance but it is the will of my father.

In Jesus all who have received Him have received all the inheritance that goes with Him which is all things including His timing for the distribution of that inheritance. Now if a person inherits from Jesus, Matthew is more complete in its understanding than if a person inherits from the Father (in essence what the Father has spoken in the Word).

However even in Jesus not everyone attains to the more complete understanding at the same time. So it all boils down to what is in the will of the Father.

S-word

Well...God did become one of us (human), not one of them (not-human).

If the kingdom has come near, then it is today that matters, not the sweet bye-and-bye. It is useful to us to join the community of believers, if for no other reason than the support we receive, the kinship we share, and the opportunity to serve today. As part of the community, we can start spending that inheritance right now.

Earned??? what in the world does grace have to do with stuff we earn? Grace has to do with what God does in us.

Yes, the supreme personality of Godhead who has developed in this universal body did manifest himself through the man Jesus who did nor spoke one word other that which he was commanded to do and say by the spirit of God our saviour with which the man Jesus was filled.

This was done in order that our saviour might reveal himself to us and reveal the great sacrifice that he is to make for the body of mankind in which he, the evolving or growing, to those who are offended by the word 'evolve' spirit in man developed, in his ascent to the ends of all time from which he descended to pay the penality for the sins of the body in which he gained his great wisdom, knowledge and insight, through the sufferings endured by the body in which he had developed, which sufferings were caused by the sins and mistakes made by the body in which he developed.

The woman, the body of mankind from which the Son of Man who is the Son of God is born, is saved through child birth. By the grace of God we, who all are deserving of death, will live again, but what position in eternity has the recorder of the book of life determined for you? And what criteria does he use to determine for every soul who will ever live, for all souls are prepared to eternity, the positions that he will allocate to each and everyone?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
How can it not be both? Individual & communal?

...sure, we have 'inherited' co-creatorship.
(if we are brave enough to embrace it in the NOW--
if not when? :shrug:)
So in that sense our inheritance is the same.
But what we make of it? Manifest from out of it?...Totally individual.
It is both, but because we are individually members of one body. The fallacy is that, when "we" run the race, "we" all cross the finish line together, or the race is for naught.

sojourner

Us ...us... us.. us ... us .. us ..us ..us and Them... them... them... them... them.. them.. them... them..... ;)

Not that you'll necessarily care sojourner....
but I find many of your "takes" (understandings/outlooks/attitudes)
on christianity.... as a christian... refreshing. (and hopeful)
At least things I've seen in this thread.
(hope that didn't discredit you with all the other christians on the board):foot: :sorry1:

PS... I don't know if we "earn" stuff... but sometimes we certainly do work hard for a thing...
to master it.... be artful with it... whatever. I see nothing wrong with that.
"Grace" also has to do with what WE DO 'IN gOd'... and how "gracefully" (with how much fine-esse) we do it. :D
Actually, I do care.

Let me just add that, what we work hard for is not to gain the gift. We already have the gift. We work hard to develop it, just as one who is gifted with music works hard to develop that gift.

S-word

Actually, I do care.

Let me just add that, what we work hard for is not to gain the gift. We already have the gift. We work hard to develop it, just as one who is gifted with music works hard to develop that gift.

You have received the free gift of life, because the woman is saved through child birth. The Son of Man who develops in the body of mankind and is born 'perfect and sinless,' at the death of the Mother body; justifies the sinful life of the woman in whose body God’s most perfect son had developed.

And it was he who came down and revealed himself and the great sacrifice he makes for his elect ones through his obedient servant Jesus who was lifted up upon a tree, and when the veil was torn to the inner most sanctuary in which our Father (Ancestral Spirit) dwells, the spirit of God was poured forth as fire which settled on the heads of all those who believed his words as spoken through his obedient servant Jesus, who spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded.

After God has called all creation back to himself, he will create a new heavens and a new earth, and though all will live again in the new creation, not all will be joint heirs with Jesus to the throne of Godhead within that creation, where clothed and girded with fire, they will serve God before the body of mankind into all eternity.

sojourner

You have received the free gift of life, because the woman is saved through child birth. The Son of Man who develops in the body of mankind and is born 'perfect and sinless,' at the death of the Mother body; justifies the sinful life of the woman in whose body God’s most perfect son had developed.

And it was he who came down and revealed himself and the great sacrifice he makes for his elect ones through his obedient servant Jesus who was lifted up upon a tree, and when the veil was torn to the inner most sanctuary in which our Father (Ancestral Spirit) dwells, the spirit of God was poured forth as fire which settled on the heads of all those who believed his words as spoken through his obedient servant Jesus, who spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded.

After God has called all creation back to himself, he will create a new heavens and a new earth, and though all will live again in the new creation, not all will be joint heirs with Jesus to the throne of Godhead within that creation, where clothed and girded with fire, they will serve God before the body of mankind into all eternity.
I Assumptions 5:6-10

This is wonderful conjecture, but terrible exegesis. The mother is unjustifiable on her own, because she lives in a culture where honor/shame are imbedded in sexual identity.

blackout

Violet.
It is both, but because we are individually members of one body. The fallacy is that, when "we" run the race, "we" all cross the finish line together, or the race is for naught.

Nor do we all
climb all the same mountains,
ford all the same streams...
or follow every rainbow....

............ ;)

it's not really a race. :no:
It's an adventure.

I would say that we are ever and all-ways One in BEing (and non-being)
with the The Great ALL of existance (and potential existence).
We all exist of the same basic fibres/fabric and awareness/cosmic consciousness,
but we color & design our own individual cloaks/shrouds/garments
to fit our own unique person-ality and person-all designs.

We in-terra-ct with mountains, lakes and rainbows
as we are personally in-spired. :rainbow1: (and "led");)

Enjoying the convo.
thanks.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
Nor do we all
climb all the same mountains,
ford all the same streams...
or follow every rainbow....

............ ;)

it's not really a race. :no:
It's an adventure.

I would say that we are ever and all-ways One in BEing (and non-being)
with the The Great ALL of existance (and potential existence).
We all exist of the same basic fibres/fabric and awareness/cosmic consciousness,
but we color & design our own individual cloaks/shrouds/garments
to fit our own unique person-ality and person-all designs.

We in-terra-ct with mountains, lakes and rainbows
as we are personally in-spired. :rainbow1: (and "led");)

Enjoying the convo.
thanks.

HI:angel2:. Sweetie, i was wondering if you realized that this was a topic for christians?

I do believe that you are very smart and informed. But i really need this topic to be debated from a christian biblical perspective?

I dont want to hurt your feelings, i hope i didnt.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
So far...im getting nothing out of this other than...we inherit a new body.

My feeling is....you need a new body to adapt to where we are going. We dont get a new body as an inheritance. What are we going to do for eternity...admire each others bodies? We do that already....some too much of it actually.

SO.....the inheritance is not the new body. But...it still is 'the goodies'.

A child inherits. If someone is not a child they cant stand in line to inherit. So...not everybody are children of god, sons of god, BUT there are those that are still saved, like the bible says, 'snatched from the fire'.

So..it would be fruitless to discuss if everybody is a son, cause they are not. A different thing to salvation all together. I dont believe you HAVE to be a SON to be saved, but you have to be a son to inherit.

Heneni

sojourner

Actually, if you exegete the gospels, you will find that what we inherit is God's kingdom.

blackout

Violet.
HI:angel2:. Sweetie, i was wondering if you realized that this was a topic for christians?

I do believe that you are very smart and informed. But i really need this topic to be debated from a christian biblical perspective?

I dont want to hurt your feelings, i hope i didnt.

Heneni

No offence taken from you Heneni,
and no I didn't realize.
But something has been bothering me lately,
that I don't know if I should address here.
Perhaps I'll make a thread tonight,
but just to say...
well I don't like the way I allowed other christians
to TELL ME I was not a christian,
and lately it has been bothering me.

Just like each of you here,
I am lifted by MY OWN BRAND of christianity.
Yet for some reason still, it does not count.
No one cares.
Not even enough for me to participate in a thread.

If my interpretations don't resonate with you...
just pass them by I guess. you know?
Why does it even really matter?
It is good for me to express myself.

but I'll try and find some other creative way maybe.
It's what I always do.

:(

sojourner

No offence taken from you Heneni,
and no I didn't realize.
But something has been bothering me lately,
that I don't know if I should address here.
Perhaps I'll make a thread tonight,
but just to say...
well I don't like the way I allowed other christians
to TELL ME I was not a christian,
and lately it has been bothering me.

Just like each of you here,
I am lifted by MY OWN BRAND of christianity.
Yet for some reason still, it does not count.
No one cares.
Not even enough for me to participate in a thread.

If my interpretations don't resonate with you...
just pass them by I guess. you know?
Why does it even really matter?
It is good for me to express myself.

but I'll try and find some other creative way maybe.
It's what I always do.

:(
I dunno...you sound pretty Christian to me...

S-word

My feeling is....you need a new body to adapt to where we are going. We dont get a new body as an inheritance. What are we going to do for eternity...admire each others bodies? We do that already....some too much of it actually.

SO.....the inheritance is not the new body. But...it still is 'the goodies'.

A child inherits. If someone is not a child they cant stand in line to inherit. So...not everybody are children of god, sons of god, BUT there are those that are still saved, like the bible says, 'snatched from the fire'.

So..it would be fruitless to discuss if everybody is a son, cause they are not. A different thing to salvation all together. I dont believe you HAVE to be a SON to be saved, but you have to be a son to inherit.

Heneni

Each new species that comes into the world is created from the chosen spirits of the most high of the life forms that already exist on earth.

Before mankind was created, the glorious simulacrum in the inner dimension that co-exists within this one, was blue print of Adam, the spititual enclosur of the selected spirits of earth's dominate species that had ruled the earth for some three million years.

No species can remain dominant for that period of time without having developed some intelligence, and that gathered intelligence within the enclosure of the brilliant and most Glorious heavenly simulacrum which was cast down to earth and clothed with animal skin, flesh, nerves and hair etc, was the Light of Mankind, within the mother body (The true virgin bride of God) from which God gathers the spirits to the new glorious heavenly simulacrum which is the enclosure of spirits of which Jesus the first fruits, is the compilation.

If you are indeed a joint heir with Jesus, that is exactly what your inheritance is, an eternal body in which our indwelling Father, 'The Son Of Man' who filled Jesus with his living spirit, will rule the whole world with Justice, even the heavenly angels.

For man is created a little lower than the angels then crowned with glory, to rule the whole world, visible and invisible.

If you are not a joint heir with Jesus, you will be cast back into the refining fires of another cycle of physical universal activity, where the spirit or mind that is you will be wiped from the tape of life which is the eternal soul of God and he will give to your portion of his eternal soul, a new heart and a new mind.

Last edited:

sojourner

Each new species that comes into the world is created from the chosen spirits of the most high of the life forms that already exist on earth.

Before mankind was created, the glorious simulacrum in the inner dimension that co-exists within this one, was blue print of Adam, the spititual enclosur of the selected spirits of earth's dominate species that had ruled the earth for some three million years.

No species can remain dominant for that period of time without having developed some intelligence, and that gathered intelligence within the enclosure of the brilliant and most Glorious heavenly simulacrum which was cast down to earth and clothed with animal skin, flesh, nerves and hair etc, was the Light of Mankind, within the mother body (The true virgin bride of God) from which God gathers the spirits to the new glorious heavenly simulacrum which is the enclosure of spirits of which Jesus the first fruits, is the compilation.

If you are indeed a joint heir with Jesus, that is exactly what your inheritance is, an eternal body in which our indwelling Father, 'The Son Of Man' who filled Jesus with his living spirit, will rule the whole world with Justice, even the heavenly angels.

For man is created a little lower than the angels then crowned with glory, to rule the whole world, visible and invisible.

If you are not a joint heir with Jesus, you will be cast back into the refining fires of another cycle of physical universal activity, where the spirit or mind that is you will be wiped from the tape of life which is the eternal soul of God and he will give to your portion of his eternal soul, a new heart and a new mind.
This sounds a whole lot like reincarnation. What is your Biblical support for this view?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
1. Who are joint heirs with jesus?
Those whom God exalts.

2. What does a joint heir get?
Everything Christ gets.

3. Can a joint heir loose their inheritance?
No.

4. What is the scope of the inheritance?
Being glorified with Christ, partaking of His divine nature, being allowed to sit with Him on His throne and ruling over the nations.

5. What does one do with the inheritance?
Progress, learn and grow eternally.

6. When does a joint heir with jesus inherit?
At the Last Judgment.

S-word

Actually, if you exegete the gospels, you will find that what we inherit is God's kingdom.

Correct, As the creation is the ever evolving invisible cloud of waves which is the mind that is God that is made manifest through our physical senses as the Physical universe, then at any given time in the evolving creation, the kingdom of God is within the most high in the creation, which is currently the body of mankind, who is the Lord of creatures and the prototype of the Lord of Spirits.

For the kingdom of god is within you mankind, who are the tempoary tent of God as he awaits the completion of his glorious Temple of which Jesus is the cornerstone, the first fruits, and the first of many brothers who are Joint heirs with Jesus in the new creation that will gain dominion over the whole world, visible and invisible.

There will come the day when this galactic system will be unable to sustain physical life forms and the old Tent of God shall be stored within the inner most sanctuary of his Glorious Temple of Light.

Last edited:

sojourner

Correct, As the creation is the ever evolving invisible cloud of waves which is the mind that is God that is made manifest through our physical senses as the Physical universe, then at any given time in the evolving creation, the kingdom of God is within the most high in the creation, which is currently the body of mankind, who is the Lord of creatures and the prototype of the Lord of Spirits.

For the kingdom of god is within you mankind, who are the tempoary tent of God as he awaits the completion of his glorious Temple of which Jesus is the cornerstone, the first fruits, and the first of many brothers who are Joint heirs with Jesus in the new creation that will gain dominion over the whole world, visible and invisible.

There will come the day when this galactic system will be unable to sustain physical life forms and the old Tent of God shall be stored within the inner most sanctuary of his Glorious Temple of Light.
Interesting theory -- and I don't disregard it -- but I fail to see how it is Biblically supported.

mikmik

I'm hoping to seperate the concept of salvation from the inheritance. Shall we for the purpose of this discussion talk about the sons who are indeed saved? Do we work for the inheritance? Or did the father 'work' for it? Did jesus work for his inheritance? Or does he recieve it because the father loves him, and gives it to him. The bible says...dont worry, its the fathers good pleasure to give us the kingdom. Do we have to work for it? What i do think we will have to do when we recieve it, is be managers of that estate. That could be the work we do. But as long as we are underaged we are trained up to be good managers of the estate that we are going to inherit.

Heneni

Okay, gonna try it this way.. Someone gives you a free ticket for wonderful and luxurious cruise, just hands you the tickets because he thinks you are an awesome person and he wants you to experience something wonderful,, no strings attached. You say great, thank you! I accept these tickets, how nice. You tell everyone you know how wonderful this person is because he gave you such a wonderful gift, no strings attached, and they are yours to keep and no one will ever take them from you. Now understand this, that ship can still sail on without you! If you read the back of the ticket it tells you how to register for your room, and where the ship docks, and a map on how to get there, as well as how to catch the shuttle bus that will take you right up to check in. It tells you to make sure you have ID, don't be late, don't bring weapons, call if you have questions, yadda yadda yadda.. Some people live in the area so getting over there and checking in may be easy, some live states away, doesn't matter though, if you want to claim this prize that the free ticket entitles you to, you must go through every proper step to get where you are supposed to be, when you must be there, you must follow specific rules and guidelines to gain entry to the ship, etc. But none of this changes the fact that you were given a gift, completely free, and there were no strings attached to receive and keep the tickets.

Romans 5.10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

His death got us that free ticket, a pure gift in every way, and that will never be taken from a single soul. However, saved by His life, Jesus is the way, what does that really mean? Jesus Christ is not a password, but the way, the path, the example. He made it to the gate already and claimed His reward, if we follow His way, His example, we will make it there as well, and join Him, thus becoming joint heirs with Christ. You can't verbally accept the ticket and magically appear on the ship, and you can't verbally and even in your heart accept God's way and Jesus as your savior and think that it ends there, and you will magically appear someday in the Kingdom enjoying your inheritance. You can't admire the path, you must walk it. You can't believe in the good example, you must follow it. You can't say you are a Christian, and believe it in your heart, you must live it.. in a Christ-like way. If you don't read the fine print, if you get on the wrong plane, if you get to the wrong gate, forget your ID, behave crudely while waiting in line to check in, refuse to follow the guidelines laid out well in advance for your benefit, you will not board, if you even make it to the check in line at all. It is your job to read the fine print, understand it, research anything you need to, make your travel plans, be there when, where and how you are told to, but none of these efforts earned you that free ticket.. it remains a gift of great value!

Love analogies, but no, not perfect I know. Just trying to separate the gift/inheritance concept from the work/earn concept in some way.

Thanks for reading!
mik