• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians, is this your Satan?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Righteous Indignation? Is God not a Love of Justice? is that not what the Crown is for?

Deuteronomy 32
22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.

24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.

25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.

26 I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't think so. Do you believe it is?

sounds like thunder to me. thunder only happens when it's raining

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

trial by fire

Last edited:

Phantasman

Righteous Indignation? Is God not a Love of Justice? is that not what the Crown is for?

Deuteronomy 32
22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.

25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.

26 I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:
Demiurge.

MonkeyFire

The literal devil is the opposite of God... Being that God is love, it would make sense for Satan to be hatred the literal opposite of that love.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Isaiah wrote correctly:

Isaiah 55:11
So is My word that goeth out of My mouth, It turneth not back unto Me empty, But hath done that which I desired, And prosperously effected that for which I sent it.

-- You are not God. You judge according to your own love, and have hopes according to its efficiency. God knows, having no need for hope, but having complete efficiency.

MonkeyFire

-- You are not God. You judge according to your own love, and have hopes according to its efficiency. God knows, having no need for hope, but having complete efficiency.

What's the difference between hope and efficiency.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Isaiah wrote correctly:

Isaiah 55:11
So is My word that goeth out of My mouth, It turneth not back unto Me empty, But hath done that which I desired, And prosperously effected that for which I sent it.

Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

love corrects all wrongs

because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

outlawState

Deism is dead

Deuteronomy 32

The passage is rather taken out of context. It is the preceding verses that are as important. It is talking about the Israelites whom God led out of the land of slavery, and returned to following seducing idols.

5 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.

17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.

20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

So YHWH is talking about the judgements on apostasy which do come from following Satan.

Heb 10:31 "It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Sleeppy

Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

love corrects all wrongs

because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

What is the delight of the Father? -- And so, all things being created by, and the work of the Father, are His delight, and reward.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

it's an alchemical process; otherwise known as adaptation to environmental changes, evolution.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What is the delight of the Father? -- And so, all things being created by, and the work of the Father, are His delight, and reward.

to discipline doesn't necessarily have to do with harm. it means to teach, to instruct in the right way of behaving, being, doing.

discipline

unconditional love is not equal to unconditional behavior.

love does no harm, nor does it allow harm to prevail.

19 Do not pervert justice or show partiality. Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the innocent. 20 Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you.

Sleeppy

to discipline doesn't necessarily have to do with harm. it means to teach, to instruct in the right way of behaving, being, doing.

discipline

unconditional love is not equal to unconditional behavior.

love does no harm, nor does it allow harm to prevail.

19 Do not pervert justice or show partiality. Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the innocent. 20 Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you.

We are being taught; disciplined. You are correct. But some of what you are saying is not correct. Harm did prevail against Jesus, who was anointed to teach the greatest love of mankind. It does prevail against the Son of Man, because it is our anointing. But, it is not without efficient effect.

Luke 23:34
Father, forgive them, for they have not known what they do.

The root of sin is ignorance, i.e. inability. For this reason you are commanded to forgive all trespasses. Vindication precedes justice. If vindication is not afforded, discipline relinquishes its efficiency.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
We are being taught; disciplined. You are correct. But some of what you are saying is not correct. Harm did prevail against Jesus, who was anointed to teach the greatest love of mankind. It does prevail against the Son of Man, because it is our anointing. But, it is not without efficient effect.

Luke 23:34
Father, forgive them, for they have not known what they do.

The root of sin is ignorance, i.e. inability. For this reason you are commanded to forgive all trespasses. Vindication precedes justice. If vindication is not afforded, discipline relinquishes its efficiency.

again, love does no harm, nor is it indifferent to harm. justice is the ultimate form of righteousness. laodicea literally means justice of the people. a king who sits on a throne and allows evil to reign is not a king long. the seat of judgment will be destroyed by division. a kingdom divided against itself cannot prevail.