• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Is this man the messiah?

Kelly of the Phoenix

People don't believe in many of these because they need their messiahs/prophets/Gods to be dead or removed from the situation so they can't be told they're wrong. On the other hand, messiahs/prophets/"Gods" need to feel more important than real life offers. I don't see any difference between the messiahs/prophets and evangelists. All assume they are the heroes who will save the world because apparently God needs them and their mad skills. I believe God talks to me. He says, "Don't trust random people." :)

He's a bit hesitant for my tastes. Throughout the video, this guy's body language, insecure pauses and the waxing and waning of tone belied all sorts of spiritual milquetoastery.

I'd put money on the messiah being quite a bit more confident.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
People don't believe in many of these because they need their messiahs/prophets/Gods to be dead or removed from the situation so they can't be told they're wrong. On the other hand, messiahs/prophets/"Gods" need to feel more important than real life offers. I don't see any difference between the messiahs/prophets and evangelists. All assume they are the heroes who will save the world because apparently God needs them and their mad skills. I believe God talks to me. He says, "Don't trust random people." :)

1) When I was 10 year old I told my mother "If Jesus is on earth I want to go". So I am the exception. I do prefer messiahs/phophets alive
2) I believe the "real" ones can be distinguished from the fake ones by "they don't feel more important than real life offers" [not hooked in dvaita]
3) Did you ever meet messiahs/prophets to properly and scientifically compare then to the many evangelists we have around nowadays?
4) I guess you met the fake ones, the real ones would know God don't need them and won't have "mad skills" [only "mad men" have those] IMHO

"I believe God talks to me". He says, "Don't trust random people"
This I believe is God talking to you. And also a good and healthy common sense:)

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
4) I guess you met the fake ones, the real ones would know God don't need them ...

I agree, don't trust in the arms of flesh - Judas was an apostle, and it would be better for people not to follow him... There is no borrowed light, no prophet/apostle/leader will save us, only g-d/Jesus saves - and that is up to us ... anyone who seeks to put themselves between a child and their heavenly family, who seeks to steal away devotion - devotion to an organization, or to a person, rather than devotion to g-d? that's trouble.

QuestioningMind

When Jesus returns He does so not like this but as He said He does so in the glory of His Father and the hosts of heaven will be with Him.

Unfortunately it's hard to break people out of delusions like this because they believe that if you try you're just persecuting them or in some kind of conspiracy against them. Or perhaps they think you're the crazy one.

When you say delusions like this, surely you mean people who have convinced themselves that faith can in some way lead them to actual truth.

stvdv

Why is he naked?

I didn't even notice this as naked. Looking closer it seems a nice blue sky, so might be hot. Or maybe he was hoping for some female followers. I mean nowadays all female actors strip on youtube. Seems to work miracles with "likes" + "followers" = "dollars". So I think it's part of his businesplan;)

74x12

When you say delusions like this, surely you mean people who have convinced themselves that faith can in some way lead them to actual truth.
Nice try. Very funny. When I say delusions I mean that this man probably has schizophrenia or something.

roger1440

I do stuff
Here is a YouTube video made by a man who claims to be the second coming of Christ. My question for those of you who do believe Christ will return is this: If you do believe that this man is the messiah, what are your reasons for believing him? Furthermore, if you don't believe he is the messiah, what are your reasons for disbelieving him?

This post is mostly in jest, as I'm quite confident that the majority of RF members can see that the man in this video has delusions of grandeur. Nevertheless, I am curious as to the specific reasons *why* (specifically referring to evangelical Christians) you disbelieve he is the messiah. After all, you do believe a Messiah will eventually return, so their must specifically be a reason why you reject the claims of the man in the video.

If it is on YouTube then it must be true.

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
While I'm not a Christian.....hypothetically speaking, according the New Testament - When Jesus returns, it won't be something we will be debating or have much of an opportunity to ignore. After all, every eye will see him. It won't be "Fox News: Is this man Jesus or is he a hoax?" it would be: G A M E O V E R !

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
While I'm not a Christian.....hypothetically speaking, according the New Testament - When Jesus returns, it won't be something we will be debating or have much of an opportunity to ignore. After all, every eye will see him. It won't be "Fox News: Is this man Jesus or is he a hoax?" it would be: G A M E O V E R !
HOW will ever eye see Jesus if He lands in one location? That is physically impossible. That was one of the prophecies Christians misinterpreted but there are many, many more like it. That is why the Christians are STILL waiting for Jesus to return. :oops::rolleyes:

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
HOW will ever eye see Jesus if He lands in one location? That is physically impossible. That was one of the prophecies Christians misinterpreted but there are many, many more like it. That is why the Christians are STILL waiting for Jesus to return. :oops::rolleyes:

You're coming to your own conclusion from your own answer to the question. Will it be a physical return? Nothing points to it being so and his 'first coming' was physical, so Jesus returning a second time physically would be very counterproductive for the whole 'judgement day' wouldn't it?

QuestioningMind

If believing in God is a form of psychosis; then not believing in God is apparently brain damage? Or so we must assume when studying the human brain and finding that belief in divinity is basically a built in feature. Belief in God is part of human nature - Oxford study

It makes perfect sense to me that a belief in gods would evolve as a survival trait in humans. Humans are social animals and societies in which everyone tends to think alike have a greater chance of succeeding. It's far easier for a ruler to get his people to go to war and slaughter the people of another nation if he can convince them that it's God who wants them to do so. The tribes that can successfully conquer survive, the ones that can't end up getting conquered. However, we've outgrown the need for this survival trait. We've become a global society and the tribalism of group-think becomes a detriment to survival in an age of nuclear weapons.

stvdv

When Jesus returns, it won't be something we will be debating or have much of an opportunity to ignore. After all, every eye will see him

"every eye will see him" = every opened third eye

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You're coming to your own conclusion from your own answer to the question. Will it be a physical return? Nothing points to it being so and his 'first coming' was physical, so Jesus returning a second time physically would be very counterproductive for the whole 'judgement day' wouldn't it?
No, I do not think it was a physical return of the same man Jesus, but that is what Christians are expecting.
Why do you think that Jesus returning a second time physically would be very counterproductive for the whole 'judgement day'? How else would Jesus return? What do you think 'judgment day' means?

Here is a YouTube video made by a man who claims to be the second coming of Christ. My question for those of you who do believe Christ will return is this: If you do believe that this man is the messiah, what are your reasons for believing him? Furthermore, if you don't believe he is the messiah, what are your reasons for disbelieving him?

This post is mostly in jest, as I'm quite confident that the majority of RF members can see that the man in this video has delusions of grandeur. Nevertheless, I am curious as to the specific reasons *why* (specifically referring to evangelical Christians) you disbelieve he is the messiah. After all, you do believe a Messiah will eventually return, so their must specifically be a reason why you reject the claims of the man in the video.

Mr. Jesus can you please put a shirt on? I don't want to see your nipples.