• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Is Sola Scriptura Biblical?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Martin Luther rejected Christian teaching; he rejected the bride; he was removed as a False teacher! His sin was retained.
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Wildswanderer This is scripture prophesy: Martin Luther was "AMONG" Catholics! This prophesy cannot work in the reverse "Catholics were not among Luther"! He was rejected as False teacher a Heretic!

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Jesus' Church has Authority given her by Jesus in person! Jesus handed his flock over to His One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church none other all others are formed by men! Men who MUST reject the scriptures otherwise they would be Catholics!
Catholic church teachings has been heretical many times throughout history. Burning people at the stake was never biblical for example. Neither is purgatory. If a person can't reject an institution for it's unbiblical teaching the church just gets more corrupt.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, Jesus quite clearly created one Church through himself and his Apostles, so it is based on sound reasoning.

From the perspective of the gospels it is open to question and significant disagreement as what the nature of the Church Created by Jesus would be. My citation is absolutely clear the separated Christians are not apart of the One True Universal Church.

However, the Church considers non-Catholic Christians to be brothers & sisters in Christ.

Based on the citation I provided this was more wishful thinking and not the reality of how the Roman Church view the separated Christians. I can cite more citations from Vatican II and the Catechism that the separated Christians cannot receive the fullness of Salvation of the faithful within the One True Church.

And btw, the "Roman Church" is only one branch of the Catholic Church: What are the three branches of the Catholic Church? (diocesiscoatza.org)

I refer to the RCC as the Roman Church with the Bishop of Rome as it head, because I do not consider it Catholic (Universal). From the perspective of the believers, yes the RCC is the Universal Church therefore Catholic.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
From the perspective of the gospels it is open to question and significant disagreement as what the nature of the Church Created by Jesus would be. My citation is absolutely clear the separated Christians are not apart of the One True Universal Church.

Based on the citation I provided this was more wishful thinking and not the reality of how the Roman Church view the separated Christians. I can cite more citations from Vatican II and the Catechism that the separated Christians cannot receive the fullness of Salvation of the faithful within the One True Church.

I refer to the RCC as the Roman Church with the Bishop of Rome as it head, because I do not consider it Catholic (Universal). From the perspective of the believers, yes the RCC is the Universal Church therefore Catholic.
You've made it abundantly clear that you believe what you want to believe, whereas I go more by the adage "You can have your own opinions but not your own facts".

Dogknox20

You ignored the fact that we don't need a priest and asked the same questions I just answered.

Of course we are to do good, but doing good doesn't save.

Yes Jesus said we have to partake of him, which in context is belief in him.

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
Wildswanderer I hope all is well....
I am not ignoring any facts!
Bishops are Priests! Bishops change ordinary bread into the flesh of Jesus: "We NEED Priests/Bishops"! We need to eat the living forever flesh of Jesus! His flesh is real food it gives us eternal life!
Eating the flesh of Jesus "KEEPS US IN Jesus"!
Wildswanderer Believing in Jesus means you accept the words of Jesus! Catholics are Christians we are Christ followers we believe the words of "The Word"!
Scriptures tell us all who reject the words of Jesus condemn themselves!
True Believers believe God is one! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus is God! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus' flesh can be eaten; it has been changed to take the form of bread! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus established his Church on Rock it will never fail! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus did not build on sand he is Not a fool; His Church is still alive today! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers reject all man-made Churches! Jesus did not start the Baptist, Pentecost, Anglican, Lutheran, LDS, SDA, JWs churches etc! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus is always with his Church to the end of Time/World/Age! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe the words of God "The Scriptures"! "My flesh is real food"!
True Believers believe the Church Jesus established is the Foundation of Truth! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers listen to the Church; the same Church Jesus established 2000 years ago! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe all who reject the Only Church Jesus established are rejecting God! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe the words of Church and her Traditions! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe God can take any form he wants to take, A Man, a Dove and yes even the form of bread! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe their God is almighty! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers Jesus' One Holy Catholic 2000-year-old Church was given God' authority forever to teach all nations! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Baptism makes Disciples! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe in Infant Baptism! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus is brother to the disciple! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe baptism makes God' children! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Mary is ever Virgin! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers Mary is mother of God! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Church Teaches, Rebuks, Trains or Corrects; She uses the Scriptures but not just the scriptures! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Bishops can teach thus saving their hearers! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe the Church is the Holy Body of Jesus; they believe the Church is the Bride of Jesus! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Mary is the mother of The Church! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe all Catholics have roots going back 2000 years to Mary our mother! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe direct laying on of hands makes bishops the Only Church Jesus established has roots in an unbroken linage back to the Apostles! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Martin Luther the father of the De-Formation is a false teacher! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the Man-made Traditions of Scriptures and Faith Alone are not found in the scriptures! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe Faith plus Love Not faith alone make the breastplate of righteousness in the armor of God! The person with just faith cannot be righteous! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe a person with faith alone cannot put on the helmet of salvation because it is made with Hope, thus they cannot be saved! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the person who rejects the Only Church Jesus established MUST reject the scriptures as lies coming from God! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe The Holy Spirit is guiding Jesus' holy Church, his holy Body forever never to lead her into error! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the Holy Spirit is guiding the Bishops in Jesus Holy Church into all truth! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe those people who refuse to Listen to the Holy Church Jesus established two thousand years ago are outside of God' family! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe confession In Church removes sins! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the Holy Church has God' authority on earth! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe in One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church the Body of Jesus! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe in Water Plus the Holy Spirit reforms men into God' Children! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe Peter and his successors speak for Jesus! "The Scriptures".
True Believers believe all other churches reject the scriptures and Jesus!

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Wildswanderer I hope all is well....
I am not ignoring any facts!
Bishops are Priests! Bishops change ordinary bread into the flesh of Jesus: "We NEED Priests/Bishops"! We need to eat the living forever flesh of Jesus! His flesh is real food it gives us eternal life!
Eating the flesh of Jesus "KEEPS US IN Jesus"!
Wildswanderer Believing in Jesus means you accept the words of Jesus! Catholics are Christians we are Christ followers we believe the words of "The Word"!
Scriptures tell us all who reject the words of Jesus condemn themselves!
True Believers believe God is one! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus is God! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus' flesh can be eaten; it has been changed to take the form of bread! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus established his Church on Rock it will never fail! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus did not build on sand he is Not a fool; His Church is still alive today! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers reject all man-made Churches! Jesus did not start the Baptist, Pentecost, Anglican, Lutheran, LDS, SDA, JWs churches etc! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus is always with his Church to the end of Time/World/Age! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe the words of God "The Scriptures"! "My flesh is real food"!
True Believers believe the Church Jesus established is the Foundation of Truth! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers listen to the Church; the same Church Jesus established 2000 years ago! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe all who reject the Only Church Jesus established are rejecting God! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe the words of Church and her Traditions! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe God can take any form he wants to take, A Man, a Dove and yes even the form of bread! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe their God is almighty! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers Jesus' One Holy Catholic 2000-year-old Church was given God' authority forever to teach all nations! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Baptism makes Disciples! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe in Infant Baptism! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Jesus is brother to the disciple! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe baptism makes God' children! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Mary is ever Virgin! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers Mary is mother of God! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Church Teaches, Rebuks, Trains or Corrects; She uses the Scriptures but not just the scriptures! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Bishops can teach thus saving their hearers! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe the Church is the Holy Body of Jesus; they believe the Church is the Bride of Jesus! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Mary is the mother of The Church! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe all Catholics have roots going back 2000 years to Mary our mother! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe direct laying on of hands makes bishops the Only Church Jesus established has roots in an unbroken linage back to the Apostles! "The Scriptures"!
True Believers believe Martin Luther the father of the De-Formation is a false teacher! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the Man-made Traditions of Scriptures and Faith Alone are not found in the scriptures! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe Faith plus Love Not faith alone make the breastplate of righteousness in the armor of God! The person with just faith cannot be righteous! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe a person with faith alone cannot put on the helmet of salvation because it is made with Hope, thus they cannot be saved! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the person who rejects the Only Church Jesus established MUST reject the scriptures as lies coming from God! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe The Holy Spirit is guiding Jesus' holy Church, his holy Body forever never to lead her into error! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the Holy Spirit is guiding the Bishops in Jesus Holy Church into all truth! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe those people who refuse to Listen to the Holy Church Jesus established two thousand years ago are outside of God' family! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe confession In Church removes sins! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe the Holy Church has God' authority on earth! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe in One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church the Body of Jesus! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe in Water Plus the Holy Spirit reforms men into God' Children! "The Scriptures"
True Believers believe Peter and his successors speak for Jesus! "The Scriptures".
True Believers believe all other churches reject the scriptures and Jesus!
That's your opinion. Other churches interpret the Bible differently.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You've made it abundantly clear that you believe what you want to believe, whereas I go more by the adage "You can have your own opinions but not your own facts".

My posts do not reflect my 'beliefs' nor opinion they are based on literal citations with references. Are you familiar with extra Ecclesiam nulla salus. as a foundation belief of the Roman Church in the Catechism.

From the Vatican II and found in the Catechism.

• Second Vatican Council, Dogmatic Constitution Lumen gentium, 14: "They could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it, or to remain in it."
  • Second Vatican Council, Dogmatic Constitution Lumen gentium, 16: "Nor is God far distant from those who in shadows and images seek the unknown God, for it is He who gives to all men life and breath and all things, and as Saviour wills that all men be saved. Those also can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience. Nor does Divine Providence deny the helps necessary for salvation to those who, without blame on their part, have not yet arrived at an explicit knowledge of God and with His grace strive to live a good life."

Dogknox20

That's your opinion. Other churches interpret the Bible differently.
Wildswanderer I hope you are well...
This is just it; It is Not opinion; it is Scripture and historical Fact! The Church Jesus established is still here two thousand years later!
It is not for man to interpret the scriptures it is the job of the Church Jesus established is the True Believers!!
True Believers are Catholics they are the Church! They are those empowered by God the Holy Spirit on Pentecost! The Holy Catholic Church started growing the first day by 3000 - True Believers!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

All others are forced to reject the scriptures otherwise they would be Catholics!
Wildswanderer The man-made tradition of "Scriptures are all we need we don't need Church" cannot be found in the scriptures!
Scriptures point time and again to "The Church to find truth!" To believe in "Scriptures Alone" you are forced to jettison Truth and Logic! The Holy Church is Jesus' Body!
For Martin Luther to say: "We don't need Church" is to say, "we don't need Jesus!"
All who reject the Church Jesus established is rejecting God!
Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

You say, "Other Churches" I must point out all "Other Churches" reject the Catholic Church the ONLY Church Jesus established!
The "Other Churches" Must reject the scriptures; they have to reject the scriptures!
The "Other Churches" are all started by Men and not started by God!
Remember "The Bereans rejected "Scripture Alone"! Those in Thessalonica trusted their scriptures alone they were the less noble!
Paul was TEACHING Christ resurrected! They needed the Church to find truth!
3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said. 4 Some of the Jews were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a large number of God-fearing Greeks and quite a few prominent women.

Wildswanderer True Believers reject the tradition of Scriptures are all we need!

Dogknox20

The only church is real believers of any sect.
You talk in circles.
Wildswanderer You make many claims none are backed by scriptures! You claim to trust only the scriptures yet when asked for proof you reject the scriptures!

Fact: Jesus established "ONE Church"! All "OTHERS" are not made by Jesus! The ONE Church Jesus established is his body!
All "OTHERS" cannot be Jesus' body because he has ONE body not thousands of bodies!
One Truth
One Body
One Faith!

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build my church, (One Church) and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. (One Church)

Real believers believe the words of God!
"I am with you ALWAYS to the end of time"!
"Listen to "THE" Church or be treated as pagan!"
Wildswanderer The Church can only be the Church Jesus established two thousand years ago! It's the Same Catholic Church today headed by the Pope!
1 St. Peter (32-67)
2 St. Linus ( 67-76)
3 St. Anacletus (Cletus) (76-88
St. Clement I (88-97)

1. St. Evaristus (97-105

2. St. Alexander I (105-115)

3. St. Sixtus I (115-125) -- also called Xystus I

4. St. Telesphorus (125-136)

5. St. Hyginus (136-140)

6. St. Pius I (140-155)

7. St. Anicetus (155-166)

8. St. Soter (166-175)

9. St. Eleutherius (175-189)

10. St. Victor I (189-199)

11. St. Zephyrinus (199-217)

12. St. Callistus I (217-22)

13. St. Urban I (222-30)

14. St. Pontain (230-35)

15. St. Anterus (235-36)

16. St. Fabian (236-50)

17. St. Cornelius (251-53)

18. St. Lucius I (253-54)

19. St. Stephen I (254-257)

20. St. Sixtus II (257-258)

21. St. Dionysius (260-268)

22. St. Felix I (269-274)

23. St. Eutychian (275-283)

24. St. Caius (283-296) -- also called Gaius

25. St. Marcellinus (296-304)

26. St. Marcellus I (308-309)
    etcA unbroken linage from today back to Peter

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Wildswanderer You make many claims none are backed by scriptures! You claim to trust only the scriptures yet when asked for proof you reject the scriptures!

Fact: Jesus established "ONE Church"! All "OTHERS" are not made by Jesus! The ONE Church Jesus established is his body!
All "OTHERS" cannot be Jesus' body because he has ONE body not thousands of bodies!
One Truth
One Body
One Faith!

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build my church, (One Church) and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. (One Church)

Real believers believe the words of God!
"I am with you ALWAYS to the end of time"!
"Listen to "THE" Church or be treated as pagan!"
Wildswanderer The Church can only be the Church Jesus established two thousand years ago! It's the Same Catholic Church today headed by the Pope!
1 St. Peter (32-67)
2 St. Linus ( 67-76)
3 St. Anacletus (Cletus) (76-88
St. Clement I (88-97)

1. St. Evaristus (97-105

2. St. Alexander I (105-115)

3. St. Sixtus I (115-125) -- also called Xystus I

4. St. Telesphorus (125-136)

5. St. Hyginus (136-140)

6. St. Pius I (140-155)

7. St. Anicetus (155-166)

8. St. Soter (166-175)

9. St. Eleutherius (175-189)

10. St. Victor I (189-199)

11. St. Zephyrinus (199-217)

12. St. Callistus I (217-22)

13. St. Urban I (222-30)

14. St. Pontain (230-35)

15. St. Anterus (235-36)

16. St. Fabian (236-50)

17. St. Cornelius (251-53)

18. St. Lucius I (253-54)

19. St. Stephen I (254-257)

20. St. Sixtus II (257-258)

21. St. Dionysius (260-268)

22. St. Felix I (269-274)

23. St. Eutychian (275-283)

24. St. Caius (283-296) -- also called Gaius

25. St. Marcellinus (296-304)

26. St. Marcellus I (308-309)
    etcA unbroken linage from today back to Peter
A system with fallible popes in charge doesn't equal an infallible church.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My posts do not reflect my 'beliefs' nor opinion they are based on literal citations with references. Are you familiar with extra Ecclesiam nulla salus. as a foundation belief of the Roman Church in the Catechism.

From the Vatican II and found in the Catechism.

• Second Vatican Council, Dogmatic Constitution Lumen gentium, 14: "They could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it, or to remain in it."
  • Second Vatican Council, Dogmatic Constitution Lumen gentium, 16: "Nor is God far distant from those who in shadows and images seek the unknown God, for it is He who gives to all men life and breath and all things, and as Saviour wills that all men be saved. Those also can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience. Nor does Divine Providence deny the helps necessary for salvation to those who, without blame on their part, have not yet arrived at an explicit knowledge of God and with His grace strive to live a good life."
Yes, and I agree the above are the teachings, but that's not what I was referring to.

Dogknox20

A system with fallible popes in charge doesn't equal an infallible church.
Wildswanderer I hope you are well...
I say all you have is your opinion! To say what you say, you once more MUST reject the scriptures!

The >>ONLY<< Church Jesus established was given the Keys; what is bound on earth is accepted as bound in heaven!
Jesus built His Church on "Rock" this mean his Church is still here, it means it cannot fail, it means Jesus is Not a Fool: as proven by the Unbroken linage of Popes! You are forced by your pride to reject God as you believe what you do!

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

This verse (above) cannot be addressed to your church. Your church was not established on rock yours was started by a man two thousand years after Jesus built his holy "Blameless" Church!

1 Timothy 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Wildswanderer Over and over, you are forced to reject the scriptures to reject the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church Jesus established on Rock! The One Church Jesus established 2000 years ago is his Body! You are rejecting Jesus by rejecting his Church "His holy Body"; you are condemning yourself by rejecting his words!
You condemn yourself...
John 12:47
If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Wildswanderer Jeus gave his Holy Church the Authority of God to "Teach All Nations"! So much for the man-made tradition of "we don't need Church all we need is scriptures Alone"!

Dogknox20

Yes the real church was built on Peter's confession that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Wildswanderer Yes.... Jesus built it on "ROCK" this mean his Holy Church will never fail! You are forced by rejecting the Only Church built on Rock to think Jesus is a fool! You have no excuse!
25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.

The Church Jesus built on rock ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread as the Same Holy Catholic Church does today!
The Church Jesus established on rock "Baptized Infants" as the Same Holy Catholic Church built on Rock does today!
The Church Jesus established had Priests and Bishops they had Alters where they offered up to God the Flesh and Blood of Jesus as the Catholic Church Jesus established still does today!
The Only Church Jesus established had Authority to make Gods Children, Peter was made the chief Bishop he spoke for Jesus with the Authority of Jesus! The Holy Catholic Church today can trace Pope Frances linage back to Peter!
Arius reject Jesus he said "Jesus was not God" he was rejected by the Holy Catholic Church and removed. You believe in the Trinity today because of the actions of the Catholic Church!
Wildswanderer Your bible was made by the One and Only Holy Catholic Church! No Other! You reject the Authority of the Catholic Church then how can you trust your bible is truly the inspired words of God!? You can't!
Your bible has 66 books because protestants took 7 books out of your bible! Martin Luther's bible held 73 books. The first bible printed was the "Gutenberg Bible" it had 73 books!
The Catholic has linage back to Mary's prophesy... By rejecting the Catholic Church, you are rejecting Mary the mother of Jesus. Jesus cannot be your brother if Mary is not your mother!
The ONLY Church with roots going back to the Apostles is the Catholic Church only she is Apostolic!
All the Church Fathers were Catholics!
All other churches (yours included) over 35 thousand denominations are made by men who reject Jesus' words!

• World Christian Encyclopedia (David A. Barrett; Oxford University Press, 1982) apparently estimated almost 21,000 denominations, and the updated World Christian Encyclopedia (Barrett, Kurian, Johnson; Oxford Univ Press, 2nd edition, 2001) estimated at least 33,000. “Denomination” is defined as “an organised christian group within a country”.
  • The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Wildswanderer Yes.... Jesus built it on "ROCK" this mean his Holy Church will never fail! You are forced by rejecting the Only Church built on Rock to think Jesus is a fool! You have no excuse!
I have not rejected the true church. And quit lying about me. It's against the rules.

Dogknox20

I have not rejected the true church. And quit lying about me. It's against the rules.
Wildswanderer Your logic is not sound. You MUST reject the scriptures to believe what you believe!
The True Church is the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church Jesus established on Rock!
Your church was not built by Jesus; yours was made by a man that rejected the scriptures! A man that claims, he MUST re-Form what Jesus could not keep hold of! Otherwise, there would be no need for your church to even exist it would be Catholic!

Logic alone: Jesus built ONE Church and that Church is still here on earth with us today, it can only be a Church with roots going back to the Apostles and Peter!
Wildswanderer The Church; the Body of Jesus is ALWAYS WITH US until the end of time! This means Jesus cannot be with your church; your church was NOT around when Jesus made this statement!

Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. “And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Logic alone: Jesus built ONE Church and that Church is still here on earth with us today, it can only be a Church with roots going back to the Apostles and Peter!
Think about it. That also applies to Protestant churches. Luther didn't set out to create a new church. He saw the need for reform. Even though they broke away the other churches have roots in the early church.

Faithofchristian

Sola is a tradition of mans and has nothing to do with the Bible/Scripture.

Notice the word below
( Posits)
The meaning and definition of Posits
( to lay down or assume as a fact or principle; postulate. noun. something that is posited; an assumption; postulate

(Sola scriptura is a Christian theological doctrine held by most Protestant Christian denominations, in particular the Lutheran and Reformed traditions, that posits the Bible as the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith.)

Therefore Posits ( to lay down or assume as a fact or principle; postulate. noun. something that is posited; an assumption; postulate)

Faithofchristian

Sola is a tradition of mans and has nothing to do with the Bible/Scripture..

Notice the word below
( Posits)
The meaning and definition of Posits
( to lay down or assume as a fact or principle; postulate. noun. something that is posited; an assumption; postulate

(Sola scriptura is a Christian theological doctrine held by most Protestant Christian denominations, in particular the Lutheran and Reformed traditions, that posits the Bible as the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith.)

Therefore Posits ( to lay down or assume as a fact or principle; postulate. noun. something that is posited; an assumption; postulate)

Therefore Sola scriptura is nothing more than the tradition of man's..
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible/ Scriptures..