• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Is Jesus a 'Deity'', to you?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, and there is a gravtational field in heaven that pulls, well, the rear ends of Jesus and God on a throne. Makes a lot of sense.
Ciao
- viole

Isn't there two (2) heavenly thrones mentioned at Revelation 3:21 _______, so there No need for two thrones for one person.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
In the King James Bible at Psalms 110 there are two (2) LORD/Lord's mentioned:
One LORD is in all upper-case letters.
The other Lord is in some lower-case letters.
Where LORD is in all capital letters is where the Tetragrammaton stands YHWH for God's name.
Whereas Lord, not in all caps, stands for Lord Jesus.
According to
Mark 12:29
That would most assuredly make, Jesus, JHVH.
Since there is only God, and He is directly referred to in that title
Not a problem in my theology,...

First - we have shown problems with all such translations.

We do have verses where he tells us he doesn't do it, - his father does.

John 5:30 I can do nothing by myself; but as I hear I judge, and my judgment is just; for I do not seek my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

When they say he is good, he says only GOD is good.

Mark 10:18 And he Jesus said to him: why me call good? None/Not even one is good; not one but the Deity.

He tells us bluntly in Matthew that - it is NOT his to give, - it is given by the Father.

Matthew 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord OUR God, the Lord is ONE.

^

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
According to
^

Wasn't Mark making reference to Deuteronomy 6:4 ? ______
According to the Hebrew Scriptures at Exodus 33:20 can anyone see God and live ? _______
Didn't people see Jesus and live? ______
Besides what Mark said, didn't gospel writer John write that No man has seen God at any time at John 1:18 ? _______ besides at 1 John 4:12 ? ______
Didn't people see Jesus ? ______
What did John also write at John 6:46 but that No man has seen the Father.
People saw Jesus and Jesus saw his Father - Revelation 3:12; Hebrews 9:24

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
According to

Not a single thing written in the Bible makes Jesus God. The trinity is a later idea.

In all of the verses I listed, - he is telling us he is not God, - he can do nothing on his own.

Mark 10:18 And he Jesus said to him: why me call good? None/Not even one is good; not one but the Deity.

Here he specifically says he is NOT GOD = he is not to be called GOOD.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Not a single thing written in the Bible makes Jesus God. The trinity is a later idea.

In all of the verses I listed, - he is telling us he is not God, - he can do nothing on his own.

The 'trinity', isn't relevant to what I'm presenting, only in a non-direct, contextual way. What I have presented, is not 'trinitarian' based, any more than anything else, in the area of religious beliefs. The 'trinity', is both descriptive, and a ''doctrine''. It isn't my doctrine, and I neither call myself a 'trinitarian'. Some Trinitarians would no doubt disagree with many of the inferences that I present.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The 'trinity', isn't relevant to what I'm presenting, only in a non-direct, contextual way. What I have presented, is not 'trinitarian' based, any more than anything else, in the area of religious beliefs. The 'trinity', is both descriptive, and a ''doctrine''. It isn't my doctrine, and I neither call myself a 'trinitarian'. Some Trinitarians would no doubt disagree with many of the inferences that I present.

Which still doesn't make Jesus God. He obviously said he wasn't.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

May as well address this. 'Trinity', is merely descriptive, of the aspects of God, or the divine attributes used by God. You do not have to have a ''doctrine'', to label the tri-part aspects used by God. The 'trinity', was not a 'later idea', it is a blatant 'idea', in the Scripture. The ''doctrine'', merely attempts to describe this , in a religious way, /and contextually, to the church, /'doctrine'.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
May as well address this. 'Trinity', to many Christians, is merely descriptive, of the aspects of God, or the divine attributes used by God. You do not have to have a ''doctrine'', to label the tri-part aspects used by God. The 'trinity', was not a 'later idea', it is a blatant 'idea', in the Scripture. The ''doctrine'', merely attempts to describe this , in a religious way, /and contextually, to the church, /'doctrine'.

No verse in the Bible says Jesus is GOD. Jesus says he is the Messiah. Jesus never says he is God.

The Messiah was to be a special HUMAN from the Line of David, - Not god.

So, if you are leaving out the later erroneous trinity ideas, - where are you coming up with Jesus is God?

EDIT: 'trinity', was not a 'later idea', it is a blatant 'idea', in the Scripture." IS FALSE. You have to search hard and force the verse to fit any such idea.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

This question is directed at Christians, however any Jesus adherents can answer, if it pertains to their beliefs.
/Is Jesus a 'Deity'?
/Is Jesus a 'different' Deity, from God, or the father?
/Is Jesus 'half man, half deity?
/Is Jesus a 'deified human', yet not a Deity?
/If Jesus is separate from the 'father', how is He 'G-d?

The answer to all of those questions will depend upon which sect you are asking, and there are thousands of sects across the globe. God luck sorting that one out.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, and there is a gravtational field in heaven that pulls, well, the rear ends of Jesus and God on a throne. Makes a lot of sense.

Ciao

- viole

I believe everything in Heaven that can be seen is visionary ie produced by intelligence not eyes so anything is possible but definitely not material.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The answer to all of those questions will depend upon which sect you are asking, and there are thousands of sects across the globe. God luck sorting that one out.

I believe there is only one truth and I don't need luck. All I need is Jesus.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member

I can't say it any better than that.
The unholy trinity was created by the early church and is a LIE.
Get over it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Isn't there two (2) heavenly thrones mentioned at Revelation 3:21 _______, so there No need for two thrones for one person.

I believe it is possible for one person to have two thrones, however since the thrones are only visionary and not real there need be no real Jesus and Father on the thrones either. One does not seek to find out what is real by looking at what is not real.

jeager106

Premium Member
I believe only Jesus is good and that says it better than anyone wishing to deceive people.

Jesus says :
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

So that statement seems to discredit the three in one theory.
There are many.

Muffled

Jesus in me
May as well address this. 'Trinity', is merely descriptive, of the aspects of God, or the divine attributes used by God. You do not have to have a ''doctrine'', to label the tri-part aspects used by God. The 'trinity', was not a 'later idea', it is a blatant 'idea', in the Scripture. The ''doctrine'', merely attempts to describe this , in a religious way, /and contextually, to the church, /'doctrine'.

I believe that is why the church likes to use the term persons. Jesus is a person walking and talking just like the rest of us and definitely not an attribute. However the Father is not a person walking and talking with us but He does have a personality so is a person by that definition and that personality does not change in any member of the Trinity.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus says :
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

So that statement seems to discredit the three in one theory.
There are many.

I believe that is only true if you have absolutely no understanding of what Jesus was saying.

jeager106

Premium Member
I believe that is only true if you have absolutely no understanding of what Jesus was saying.

Well please explain it then. Why leave people with mistaken beliefs?
I am open minded and can handle being mistaken like a grown adult.

jeager106

Premium Member
The validity of the Trinity has been debated for centuries and won't be settled here.
Still debate is a healthy exercise good for the mind.
Talking about things spiritual is always good.