• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians in Turkey

Matemkar

Salam/Hi..
I see you are saddened for christians and the sacred places for christians in Istanbul..
and we are saddened for all the muslims who are living under this secular "democratic" state..
Because, they did not only close the churches.. but also Masjids..
and some islamic traditions like Hijab (muslim dress code for women) etc. is banned here..
So, we should be worrying more about 99 per cent of the population here who are Muslims as well as our christian brethren..
I wish that Turkey becomes a true muslim state and give the rights to christians also as mentioned by the Prophet Muhammad at 9th minute of the video..
Thanks.. Ma salam..

Last edited:

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
The situation is a difficult one. I can understand those Greeks who want to reconquer Constantinople and give it back to the dying Christian population, and I sympathise with those who want to reopen and restore the Hagia Sophia to the Christians as well. Even Obama has stated his desire to see Halki Seminary reopened.

I pray that Christians and Muslims may learn to coexist in peace, and that we Christians be allowed to have our old churches back, just as the Muslims can have their mosques and masjids, with neither oppressing or opposing the other. Muslims and Christians both making pilgrimage to St. Catherine's Monastery at Mount Sinai, respecting and learning from each other, gives me some hope for the coexistence and respect between both faiths.