• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians in the military

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
This is about pro-military Christians. Please stay on the topic.

thanks.
You insult my intelligence saying I have not addressed the OP.

I'm still waiting for you to answer my question about what a Christian should have done when they where drafted. :slap:

Another question you ignored is when I asked you about loving your queer military neighbor.

Lastly, I don't remember you addressing my question about passing Judgement.

Mestemia has a list of verses you completely ignored twice now.

Please comment on each and every one of them and show our members the respect and consideration a Christian who follows Jesus would do.

You talk the talk but fail miserably to walk the walk.

You are not debating, you are preaching and nothing more.

The good Lord gave us two ears and one mouth, think about it, are you listening to any of us at all? If you loved us, would you not comment on the scripture presented to you.

Oh, when I say comment, actually address the topic and not dismiss and ignore what is said to you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus says to obey His commandments faithfully, meaning everything He teaches.

He commanded you "understand". You do not understand you are taking the stand of the Pharisees, something he said DO NOT DO.

This is about pro-military Christians. Please stay on the topic.
You are making a dishonest leap here. Christians in the military are not "pro-military". They are pro-conscience.

Meshak

He commanded you "understand". You do not understand you are taking the stand of the Pharisees, something he said DO NOT DO.
How am I being like Pharisees?
Do you know that this is an insulting comment because Jesus called them hypocrites.
You are making a dishonest leap here. Christians in the military are not "pro-military". They are pro-conscience.
So you dont think they kill anyone? you are talking the opposite. Who is being dishonest here?

Meshak

Everyone has asked please which scripture are you referring to that says "do not kill your enemy?" It is you who are twisting The Word that says "love your enemy" to mean "do not kill your enemy". If I was a madman on a rampage of killing it would be a kindness to stop me.

We should know how to discern how we should obey Jesus' word into our daily lives. You dont seem to how how like most churchgoers, IMO.

I am so disappointed, friend.

Meshak

I think people are missing the point that the whole military isn't violent. I served in the Navy and never did any violence whatsoever. I didn't even work with weapons. I fixed communication devices. The only gun I ever fired was at a target. I issued tools, fixed electrical equipment and voltage regulators and outdated telephones and things of that nature. The military is also about protection.

Not everyone is the battle field, my husband wan medical supplier and did not have to fight.

But I tell you, they are all trained to kill just in case.

Me Myself

Back to my username
We should know how to discern how we should obey Jesus' word into our daily lives. You dont seem to how how like most churchgoers, IMO.

I am so disappointed, friend.

I have not come to bring peace but sword"- Jesus

" sell your cloak and buy a sword"-Jesus

Meshak

Do you know what a blanket rule is? It is a rule that applies to everyone all the time.

I agree that to know love "fully" is to become holy. Holiness is something to cultivate. It is not cultivated by obeying someone else's rules. Your critics are right when they say you have no right to interpret The Lord's words for someone else.

There is no direct order to refrain from the military. By the way, most people, I think, HATE the military but they serve anyway. Why? Why do they serve?

I am talking Christians, not secular people. They dont have obligation to follow Jesus' law. You seem to forget about how it is to be Jesus' follower, IMO.

I know you claim to be His follower.

Meshak

Savage, and all pro-military Christians; please answer these questions. thanks.

1)Do you know the purpose of the military?

2)do you know massive destruction and killing are greatly involved?

3)Do you really think that is of Jesus?

4)do you know that Jesus commands us to love your enemy?

5)Do you think you can love your enemy by killing them and destroying their country?

Last edited:

Meshak

I will disregard all non-christians' posts because this thread is for all pro-military Christians. thank you.

BruceDLimber

I will disregard all non-christians' posts because this thread is for all pro-military Christians.

Your loss, then; because some of us (myself included) were indeed Christian at that point, and you have no idea what our circumstances and status were.

You're not only unnecessarily limiting both the conversation and yourself, but failing to realize what status and circumstances others of us have experienced.

Peace,

Bruce

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I am talking Christians, not secular people. They dont have obligation to follow Jesus' law. You seem to forget about how it is to be Jesus' follower, IMO.

I know you claim to be His follower.
There is no such thing as "sacred/secular." It's a false division. We are all part of the one human family -- "By one man, all die; by one man all are made alive."
We all should follow the path to life.

sojourner

Not everyone is the battle field, my husband wan medical supplier and did not have to fight.

But I tell you, they are all trained to kill just in case.
Is your husband a Christian? If not, aren't you unequally yoked, according to the bible? If he is, then, according to your argument, he can't be a true Christian, having served in the military, because he has not followed Jesus' command, as you see it.

Meshak

Your loss, then; because some of us (myself included) were indeed Christian at that point, and you have no idea what our circumstances and status were.

You're not only unnecessarily limiting both the conversation and yourself, but failing to realize what status and circumstances others of us have experienced.

Peace,

Bruce

I am sorry friend, I am not here to make friends. I have to do what I have to do to serve my Lord. My friends are who strive to be true Jesus' followers.

I have responsibility to present Jesus to the world. Pro-military Christians are misrepresenting Jesus with their violent patriotism, IMO.

I will respond to all Christians who has problem with my OP.

sojourner

Savage, and all pro-military Christians; please answer these questions. thanks.

1)Do you know the purpose of the military?

2)do you know massive destruction and killing are greatly involved?

3)Do you really think that is of Jesus?

4)do you know that Jesus commands us to love your enemy?

5)Do you think you can love your enemy by killing them and destroying their country?
See post #230. Unless you've chosen to ignore it.

sojourner

I am sorry friend, I am not here to make friends. I have to do what I have to do to serve my Lord. My friends are who strive to be true Jesus' followers.

I have responsibility to present Jesus to the world. Pro-military Christians are misrepresenting Jesus with their violent patriotism, IMO.

I will respond to all Christians who has problem with my OP.
"You are my friends" -- Jesus
"I no longer call you 'servants' but 'friends' -- Jesus

Apparently, Jesus was here to make friends.
Why aren't you following that example?

averageJOE

zombie
I will disregard all non-christians' posts because this thread is for all pro-military Christians. thank you.
Please. You are also disregarding posts from Christians. In fact, your disregarding (translation: ignoring) all the posts that actually challange your agenda.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

This thread was placed in Religious Debates, which opens responses to all members. If you truly wanted a Same-Faith Debate, you have the option to move the debate to that forum (Same Faith Debate), and specify that you only wish to debate with "Pro-Military Christians."

If I may, however, you might find the thread extremely lonely after the specifications. I've noticed you discerning that if somebody is "Pro-Military", then they are not "True Christians." And if they are "True Christians", then you'd find them fitting your qualifications, and then it would no longer be a debate, but a discussion about how "True Christians" would never be "Pro-Military."