• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians for Obama??

Weddy

Forgiven
How can a true born again Christian vote for Obama when he believes that abortion, partial birth abortion, and live birth abortions are okay?

Last edited:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
How can a true born again Christian vote for Obama when he believes that abortion (partial birth, and live birth abortions) are okay?
Then I guess this means that you are voting for McCain? What about the other issues at stake here?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
How can a true born again Christian vote for Obama when he believes that abortion (partial birth, and live birth abortions) are okay?
How can a true born again Christian ignore the virtues of love, justice and compassion when they are applied to things other than fetuses?

There's more to politics and religion than abortion.

Weddy

Forgiven
doppelgänger;1322167 said:
Weddy:

Do you believe there should be fewer abortions?

I'm not here to debate abortions. I've already done that in the abortion thread. I really want to know how a born again Christian (with Jesus living in their heart) could vote for someone that believes abortion, partial birth abortion, and live birth abortions are okay.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I'm not here to debate abortions. I've already done that in the abortion thread. I really want to know how a born again Christian (with Jesus living in their heart) could vote for someone that believes abortion, partial birth abortion, and live birth abortions are okay.
Humor me. Otherwise, I'll just have to assume that you don't actually want fewer abortions and are just interested in comdemning people. Which is not a Christian thing to do on either point, is it?

Weddy

Forgiven
doppelgänger;1322200 said:
Humor me. Otherwise, I'll just have to assume that you don't actually want fewer abortions and are just interested in comdemning people. Which is not a Christian thing to do on either point, is it?

I don't believe that abortions are okay. Do I want fewer abortions? My answer is that I don't want any abortions.

I'm still waiting on an answer to my original question, which was addressed to born again Christians.

Weddy

Forgiven
How can a true born again Christian ignore the virtues of love, justice and compassion when they are applied to things other than fetuses?

There's more to politics and religion than abortion.

So, are you saying that human life isn't as important as tax refunds, healthcare, gun control, sharing the wealth, oil, etc.?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I don't believe that abortions are okay. Do I want fewer abortions? My answer is that I don't want any abortions.
How would you go about seeing to it that there were fewer abortions? In other words, what can we do that will reduce the number of abortions?

Are you telling me I'm not a "Born Again Christian"? I hardly think that's your prerogative.

Weddy

Forgiven
doppelgänger;1322234 said:
How would you go about seeing to it that there were fewer abortions? In other words, what can we do that will reduce the number of abortions?

Are you telling me I'm not a "Born Again Christian"? I hardly think that's your prerogative.

You don't seem to understand the question, or maybe I wasn't clear. The reason I'm asking is because I have a friend that is a born again Christian that voted for Obama strickly because if his race. It bothers me that race is more important to her than human life.

I want to know why a born again Christian would vote for Obama when he has no concern for human life. Are they voting for healthcare, tax cuts, race, etc. What reasons are they voting for him?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I am pro choice.. I definately believe first reducing the # of unwanted preganancies is where we would all agree..Now having said that..I would like to see restrictions on how late you can have an abortion...An abortion should be done when there is ZERO possiblilty IMHO that they will be alive in the first place..Where its not even a possiblity..It really makes me sad and sick that even happens..(born alive at 21-24 weeks)..even with medical intervention and care..the chance of survival is probably close to zero..So they are just suffering..

But that is not enough..for me to vote for someone ..that would make it to where all abortions are bannned..or only those that are raped or their life is in jeopordy can attain one..

But the goal again should be reducing the number all together...

But again the fact that any abortions result in a fetus being "born alive"...tells me that we are allowing abortions to be performed too late in the pregnancy.....

Just my thoughts on the issue..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I want to know why a born again Christian would vote for Obama when he has no concern for human life.

This is highly unfair...Being pro-choice does not equate to having "no concern for human life"..That is a gross misrepresentation...Ebryo's and fetuses do not make up all human life Weddy..There is also the "other" 6 billion people walking around Earth to consider as well....

Love

Dallas

Weddy

Forgiven
What remarkable deceit.

This has turned into something other than what I asked. I have not debated abortion in this thread. There is an abortion thread for that.

Are there any born again Christians that are voting for Obama? If so, why are you voting for him? How hard is it to answer that question???

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
This has turned into something other than what I asked. I have not debated abortion in this thread. There is an abortion thread for that.

Are there any born again Christians that are voting for Obama? If so, why are you voting for him? How hard is it to answer that question???

I am voting for him because I believe he considers everyones best interest..Everyones rights...Not just the unborn..I am voting for him because he isnt a hard headed mule..He seems more interested in looking at solutions...He seems to want to start with what we agree on focus on that and work from there.

Thats why...Now I've answered your question..Now accuse me of not being a "true Christian"...I can take it...

Love

Dallas

OH nevermind..I forgot..dont worry ..Im not voting for him..My registration was "cancelled" because I was convicted of a felony I never got..Nevermind..One less vote for Obama....

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh...but my husband offered to vote for me..He wasnt going to vote..I accepted..So I did get to have a voice after all..

Love

Dallas

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
This has turned into something other than what I asked. I have not debated abortion in this thread.
Nonsense. There are two possible reasons for "Christians for Obama:"
  1. they are stupid, or
  2. they value/evaluate the abortion issue differently than you do.