• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Confess Your Sin

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean your doctrinal sin.

This is my confession of my sin: I am the worst about wanting people to agree with me. I view disagreement with me as the most terrible of dangers; but I'm wrong to see it that way. I am blinded by this and manipulated through it. I tell you that none of us understands anyone else. I can't understand you, and you can't understand me. How can I judge your thoughts?

The situation today in which people are labeled agnostic or atheist is unacceptable. There is neither slave nor free, male nor female in Christ. Truth follows love not the other way around. They say "Love covers a multitude of sins." Does it or doesn't it?

As it is most churches will advise their children not to marry an agnostic, an atheist, someone in the wrong denomination or cult. They will call people 'unbeliever', counting words above actions. They think 'Confession of faith' is a matter of words. Its not biblical, yet they will assert the Bible as their base of authority for saying so. "Belief belief belief" they will use as an excuse, as they saw off the legs of Christ. Never mind how backward and unbelieving their own actions are. They are in my opinion all pitiful and wretched excuses for churches which do this, and I am included in their sin. What is the solution? It can only be the confession that we are all wrong.

Please try to keep responses brief and readable, but please also fully quote scriptures as I do not have a perfect memory recall of chapter references. You may agree or disagree.

InChrist

Free4ever
The situation today in which people are labeled agnostic or atheist is unacceptable. There is neither slave nor free, male nor female in Christ. Truth follows love not the other way around. They say "Love covers a multitude of sins." Does it or doesn't it?

I certainly agree that in Christ there is neither slave nor free, male nor female, Jew or Greek and that all are one in Christ, but don't people label themselves agnostic or atheist, call themselves unbelievers, and differentiate themselves from the Body of Christ?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I certainly agree that in Christ there is neither slave nor free, male nor female, Jew or Greek and that all are one in Christ, but don't people label themselves agnostic or atheist, call themselves unbelievers, and differentiate themselves from the Body of Christ?
Could be! So in that case the only issue is that people with doubts leave.

PureX

Veteran Member
I agree, and this is true, but they do so unknowing of what it means. They are told that Christ is a religion, and so they believe it is. Then when they accept or reject the religion, they think they are accepting or rejecting Christ. But Christ is a way of being; that lots of atheists believe in and live by, just as many proclaimed "Christians" do not believe in, nor do they live by. So the truth gets lost in the noise and confusion, and the labels don't really mean much of anything.