• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Biblical Errancy vs. Inerrancy

writer

We have an imperfect collection of writings that we call the New Testament.
i find 'em perfect

Do we call these writings "Scripture"?
"writings" means "Scripture." U can call 'em what u want

We can create any fairy-tale that we want to about the originals that we don't have,
That appears 2 b whut you're doing

but the only thing that we can apply "God-breathed" to are only the imperfect documents that we do have, which is "all Scripture."
To the contrary: "God-breathed" is what the perfect documents called the OT 'n NT
r. "All Scripture," 2 Tim 3:16

Just like Jesus coming back "soon" does not mean anything less than 2000 years,
2000 years's like 2 days for God, per Scripture. Additionally, i doubt dear Angellous (since he isn't God)'s been waitin 2000 years

so "God-breathed" means nothing less than somehow God speaks (or breathes) through an imperfect Scripture,
amen. Tho primarily it means that God's Spirit's Scripture's source. Which, by definition, means Scrip's perfect

It's better to have a living God than a dead one,
God passed thru death but God cannot die

if the Bible were perfect, God would be useless to us, because the word speaks perfectly
To the contrary: God, in Christ, as the Spirit, is the point of Scripture.
The gentleman's error in his statement above seems to be to seek to separate God from His Scripture. Thanks

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Baerly said:
Here is a good lesson which will deal with some contraditions of the bible. If you want search Apologetics Press for other lessons, I think you will find it very interesting.This is a very good site for bible information.

Myth of "Factual" Bible Contradictions / Apologetics Press
http://apologeticspress.org/articles/20

Enjoy - in love Baerly
I do not agree with all the 'contradictions' on the website I linked to.

However, i also do not agree with all the 'explanations' presented on the site you linked.

Baerly

Apologetics Press is doing an ongoing article on the discrepancies of the bible. They teach the truth of the bible.

I realize some may not agree with the articles found in Apologetics Press (Acts 17:11) (John 5:39). That is your choice,even Jesus could not convince some to believe truth (John 20:30,31). I hope that the reason you do not agree with an article in any magazine is that it does not harmonize with the bible (scripture),not just because you do not like it personally. Truth is truth whether we like it or not. It is my praryer that each of you will be able to tell truth from error (dark from light)according to the bible (Eph.5:8) (John 3:19-21).

Many taunted Jesus,laughed at him,called him all kinds of names,and many other things,still Jesus spoke the truth (John 17:17). It is sad to say but some disciples left Jesus and walked with him no more (John 6:66).

http://www.apologeticspress.org/allegeddiscrepancies/

Enjoy !!! - in love Baerly

Baerly

Mestemia said:
I do not agree with all the 'contradictions' on the website I linked to.

However, i also do not agree with all the 'explanations' presented on the site you linked.
Each of us are free to accept or reject anything we wish. If you think they (AP) are in error I am sure they would appreciate you pointing out their error in light of the bible (1Thess.5:21). Write them and see what happens (Gal.6:1,2). in love Baerly

A

angellous_evangellous

Baerly said:
Apologetics Press is doing an ongoing article on the discrepancies of the bible. They teach the truth of the bible.

I realize some may not agree with the articles found in Apologetics Press (Acts 17:11) (John 5:39). That is your choice,even Jesus could not convince some to believe truth (John 20:30,31). I hope that the reason you do not agree with an article in any magazine is that it does not harmonize with the bible (scripture),not just because you do not like it personally. Truth is truth whether we like it or not. It is my praryer that each of you will be able to tell truth from error (dark from light)according to the bible (Eph.5:8) (John 3:19-21).

Many taunted Jesus,laughed at him,called him all kinds of names,and many other things,still Jesus spoke the truth (John 17:17). It is sad to say but some disciples left Jesus and walked with him no more (John 6:66).

http://www.apologeticspress.org/allegeddiscrepancies/

Enjoy !!! - in love Baerly

Apologetics Press just teaches what you believe. That's all.

It's propaganda.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Baerly said:
Each of us are free to accept or reject anything we wish. If you think they (AP) are in error I am sure they would appreciate you pointing out their error in light of the bible (1Thess.5:21). Write them and see what happens (Gal.6:1,2). in love Baerly
Thus far no response.
Though this is hardly surprising.

Baerly

angellous_evangellous said:
Apologetics Press just teaches what you believe. That's all.

It's propaganda.

AND I believe the bible (John 5:39) (John 20:3031).

You know, the bible does say to speak the same thing (1Cor.1:10).

We are to walk by the same rule (Phil.3:16,17).

My friend it is the bible truth. Go ahead and prove it wrong if you can, I might learn something.

in love Baerly

Baerly

The same thing that happens when we cast our pearls to swine.

My friend it is my understanding were are to Judge righteous judgment. I think you may have judged us quickly and not acordding to the bible (John 7:24). If you really think what we believe is wrong,the correct and LOVING thing to do is to go to us and show us in the bible WHERE we are wrong (Gal.6:1,2). That is what the bible calls for us to do. We are not told to stand off from us and judge us and call us names,is that your brand of love? How do you know that we won't say your correct, we will repent? You don't till you try, But that is not what you want to do is it?

Now I am sad.

Jesus wept (John 11:35).

in love Baerly

Baerly

Mestemia said:
Thus far no response.
Though this is hardly surprising.
When you say no response,may I ask ,what are you refering too?

Did you write Apologetics Press? And if you did,may I ask exactly what you wrote to them? I am sure they would not respond to an ugly email.I am not saying you would do such a thing,but I know some who would. I truly think if you give them time they will respond to an honest and sincere question or two.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I can't cite the source -- I can't say it's mine -- I believe someone on RF said it, but it's cogent to the argument here:

"We should be reading the Bible as the witness of the Church, and not as the literal, infallible, or inerrant word of God. It means accepting that all knowledge of God is historical, human and fallible."

A

angellous_evangellous

Baerly said:
Now I am sad.

Jesus wept (John 11:35).

in love Baerly

How can you be sad when you have a security blanket?

(apologetics press)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
How can you be sad when you have a security blanket?

(apologetics press)
That can be rolled up and snapped across our hineys...

Baerly

sojourner said:
I can't cite the source -- I can't say it's mine -- I believe someone on RF said it, but it's cogent to the argument here:

"We should be reading the Bible as the witness of the Church, and not as the literal, infallible, or inerrant word of God. It means accepting that all knowledge of God is historical, human and fallible."

You may believe who/what you wish, But the bible says that the New Testament is the PERFECT Law of Liberty (James 1:25),The word of God is PERFECT according to (2Tim.3:17) (Rom.12:2),each individual can be made PERFECT through the New Testament Law according to (Mt.5:48 ; 19:21),(Col.1:28),(Eph.4:13). I will believe the bible myself, Baerly

writer

NT wasn't written by the time of Jm 1:25 (50s aD). James was one of the earliest NT writings. A decade or so after Matthew. James, sorry to say, overexalted Moses' law, as revealed by his epistle and by Acts. In 1:25 he was speaking of the OT law, Moses' law. Not the NT.
Sorry to say

adilrockstar

writer said:
We have an imperfect collection of writings that we call the New Testament.
i find 'em perfect

Do we call these writings "Scripture"?
"writings" means "Scripture." U can call 'em what u want

We can create any fairy-tale that we want to about the originals that we don't have,
That appears 2 b whut you're doing

but the only thing that we can apply "God-breathed" to are only the imperfect documents that we do have, which is "all Scripture."
To the contrary: "God-breathed" is what the perfect documents called the OT 'n NT
r. "All Scripture," 2 Tim 3:16

Just like Jesus coming back "soon" does not mean anything less than 2000 years,
2000 years's like 2 days for God, per Scripture. Additionally, i doubt dear Angellous (since he isn't God)'s been waitin 2000 years

so "God-breathed" means nothing less than somehow God speaks (or breathes) through an imperfect Scripture,
amen. Tho primarily it means that God's Spirit's Scripture's source. Which, by definition, means Scrip's perfect

It's better to have a living God than a dead one,
God passed thru death but God cannot die

if the Bible were perfect, God would be useless to us, because the word speaks perfectly
To the contrary: God, in Christ, as the Spirit, is the point of Scripture.
The gentleman's error in his statement above seems to be to seek to separate God from His Scripture. Thanks

Until you humble yourself and come to Christ with an open heart. You will never understand the NT.:no:

Pride blinds.