• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Biblical Errancy vs. Inerrancy

Bishka

Veteran Member
Baerly said:
I can only direct you to those books God seen fit to put within the bible. Sorry

Where does it say God specifically put those in the Bible? How many versions of the Bible has their been?

God must be a picky God taking books in and out, and changing His mind. :rolleyes:

Baerly

Katzpur said:
Even if the Apostles did remember everything Jesus told them, they didn't record it all. John 21:25 states, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."

Perhaps you think that the majority of the things Jesus said and did were not important enough for them to have written down, and that they did record everything He said that mattered. Look at the length of the four gospel accounts of His life. Do you honestly believe that everything He said or did that mattered was recorded? He must have wasted a lot of time, if that's the case!

My friend,this I know," But these are written, that ye might believe..." (John 20:31).

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I didn't say that the scripture is "flawed." I said that the human filter was flawed. My original question was, "Why must the Bible be inerrant?"

The Bible isn't inerrent. One place it is in error has to do with the parousia: Both Jesus and Paul assert that the parousia would happen in one generation. 2000 years later, we're still waiting.

writer

"the Scripute can't be broken" (Jn 10) said the Unflawed, but broken, One.

In addition "generation" in Mt 24:34 duzn't refer to gen defined accordin to an age or person, like gens mentioned in 1:17.
Rather it refers to a gen defined by moral condition of people, as in other uses o' the word such as 12:39 'n Philippians 2:15

sojourner

writer said:
"the Scripute can't be broken" (Jn 10) said the Unflawed, but broken, One.

In addition "generation" in Mt 24:34 duzn't refer to gen defined accordin to an age or person, like gens mentioned in 1:17.
Rather it refers to a gen defined by moral condition of people, as in other uses o' the word such as 12:39 'n Philippians 2:15
In your interpretation...which is also a human one...

Again: Why must the Bible be inerrant?

sojourner

writer said:
cuz the inerrant One's both its source and said so (Jn 10:35)
The word there is "anulled," not "inerrant."

Some of us recognize that the Bible's "source" is human.

writer

To the contrary: "All Scrip's God-breathin," 2 Tim 3:16.

"The Script can't be broken" (Jn 10:35) means that the Scrip can't be broken. Which means it's not wrong.
Thanx

sojourner

writer said:

"The Script can't be broken" (Jn 10:35) means that the Scrip can't be broken. Which means it's not wrong.
Thanx
Humans wrote the scriptures. The Bible didn't fall out of the sky in its present form. While I believe God inspired the writing, humans still did the writing.

In your interpretation.

RevOxley_501

writer said:

Thanx

one tip:

if a document says it is perfect---dont believe it---the document has too much to gain to be trusted that much.

in other words, if i tried to verify that i am always right by saying "im always right" and you believe me, then you are a moron...cus im not always right---and it can be proven otherwise...

writer

"God-breathed" duzn't mean "fell out of the sky." Rather, it means God-breathed (2 Tim 3:16).

The document Jn 10:35 is a record.

"Scripture can't be broken" defines Scripture: "can't be broken."

Thank u2

cturne

servant of God
RevOxley_501 said:
one tip:

if a document says it is perfect---dont believe it---the document has too much to gain to be trusted that much.

Hmmm, what does the Bible have to gain by saying it is perfect? Oh, I get it, it's a terrible conspiracy to try to trick everyone into getting into heaven. Now why didn't I think of that? :rolleyes:

A

angellous_evangellous

writer said:
"God-breathed" duzn't mean "fell out of the sky." Rather, it means God-breathed (2 Tim 3:16).

So what does God-breathed mean?

"Scripture can't be broken" defines Scripture: "can't be broken."

Thank u2

So what does it mean that it can't be broken?

It's not good to define something by using the term to define itself.

You've accomplished nothing.