• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians are being persecuted in the UK!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Read a bit about ancient warfare and you may learn that your atheistic euphemism against Judaism is used out of ignorance. Also its impossible to use today's standards to judge events that may or may not be parable etc etc of events that happened thousands of years ago. Lastly I make no excuses for Gods commands, Christianity God is vengeful and to criticize God for anything is the high of stupidity. That said one can criticize his concept of God, but to say that god is evil etc automatically disqualifies the authors because they are ignorant of the religion they criticize. They are simply using insult in an attempt to harm their debate partner.
I'm not an atheist and I don't think that dreadful angels went around killing babies. I reserve the right to criticize Biblical mythology where appropriate. It was written by humans and not God Himself, after all. I don't think God is evil but I do think that some humans have evil concepts of God.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
No, we are comparing POWER, and RELEVANCE. The amount of faith one has can only be measured/known by the person holding it.

; { >

There's evidence of power and relevance in recurring whinging about being "persecuted" and in blaming anything and everyone else for declining numbers at services?

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
The Ragin Pagan said:
Oh, of course; I'm not suggesting it was some clandestine meeting with hooded figures, plotting on the downfall of pagan Europe. It was more Roman nature, as they did with Greek culture before they were Christian. Rome had quite the tendency to absorb and adapt cultures under their expanse; what began as inclusion slowly became adoption and revision. Under the church, this became a method of comfortable accommodation to allow for cultural conversion. If a person can see parallels between their faith and yours, they're more likely to be open to conversion.

Pretty much.

Honestly, that's one of the things that make me proud to be Catholic and why I can't seem to leave it behind when I want to be a Pagan. I already have many of the features of Paganism in Catholicism that people find appealing in the first place - ancestor veneration (the Communion of Saints and praying to/for the dead along with shrines), liturgical worship and sacrifice (the Mass), animism (Saints like St. Francis were obviously animists), a "divine mother" figure (Mary), viewing nature as Divine (panentheism and theosis), etc.

Rome made sure Christianity would survive forever, and they made it the worldwide force it is today, and did so by soiling it. Give me dat old time religion, ie Christianity before Rome mucked things up.....

Michael slaying the old dragon (below , from the web)

michael_fighting_the_dragon1.jpg

MrMrdevincamus

When I said before Rome mucked things up I meant when Constantine mucked things up.....Yes you were of course correct about there being no Christians before Rome that was a typobrainfart. See I do admit when I make a mistake~

: {>

Last edited:

MrMrdevincamus

[QUOTE =MrMrdevincamus]
If not look up Archangel Michael or the angel of the Passover and you might an idea of who we are and what our doctrine is.[/quote]

Saint Frankenstine said:
So, some murderous warrior angel cult? You kill firstborn children or something? Might have to call the police about you.

You know I was speaking in metaphoric terms! lol. Of if you must send more cops (do you know where that line of script came from, hint;' brains')I was admitting that as a christian even a as a primitive christian* that I am not as um' forgiving as my better christian brothers and sisters. But I will say that PRIMITIVE CHRISTIAN ie is also an semi secret society like Rosicrucian's or the knights Templar etc. Its a non profit support group for Christians that have difficulty accepting or putting into practice all the passive teachings of my lord Jesus or any teachings laws etc that bar their way into being a law abiding Christian.

Lastly Primitive christian....I was going to write a thread to define primitive christian [PCO] but with the interest and request of several members I will briefly explain. As above PCO is a NP society and support group that exists primarily to assist Christians that are having difficulty upholding the teachings of Christ. It also helps local disadvantaged with paralegal assistance procuring humanitarian entitlements. Primitive Christian is also a term for a christian that isn't as meek or as passive as Christians are required to be. We do not support violence unless it is used for demonstrable self defense, or to defend other Christians from violence stemming from the fact they are christian. We just received our 501c status and can now began assisting local people in accessing basic humanitarian entitlements .

Saint Frankenstein said:
I'm not an atheist and I don't think that dreadful angels went around killing babies. I reserve the right to criticize Biblical mythology where appropriate.

Well, I am not so sure the angel of death didn't visit the first born in Egypt. At one time I thought the entire Exodus story might have been just that a story used to teach, I have since reversed my position and now feel it was a true event. However, if it wasn't the angle of death God sent some sort of natural angel of death. I am sure God uses natural law to fulfill prophesy etc when it can be used. There has been some biblical claims proven true and others that evidence s stacking up in favor that such claims are true

I don't mind criticism of my religion of my dog my motorcycle or friends if its done with a level of respect, I guarantee you the respect will be mutual. I probably do more constructive criticize my Christian brothers and sisters than you, maybe more than the devil itself! And please....you know what this exchange is really about. It began well and was going good until Odin came on too strong. Then as I read back the tone of the entire thread was pretty much anti christian. it has little to do about debate and much to do about insulting those claiming persecution.

It was written by humans and not God Himself, after all. I don't think God is evil but I do think that some humans have evil concepts of God.

Oh yes some people are evil or mentally ill. Most theists think most of the bible was written by 'revelation', ie the authors wrote what God was telling them to write. However revelation is a very, very, VERY involved subject. If you are interested begin here. 4. The Bible: The Written Word of God

AGAIN IF ANYTHING GOOD IS TAKEN AWAY BY THIS DISCUSSION LET IT BE THAT I ENJOY ANY QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT ME ABOUT MY BELIEFS OR CHRISTIANITY IN GENERAL. I WILL NOT BE MEAN OR INSULT ANYONE OR THEIR BELIEFS IF ITS ASKED IN AN RESPECTFUL MANNER ~

God bless this forum ~

; {>[/I]

Last edited:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Ah, okay, I see what you mean. But strictly speaking, Pagans don't celebrate Easter. We celebrate Ostara, which is similar, but not the same. Same with Yule/Christmas, and Winternights/Samhain/Halloween